Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    I still don't understand it...I mean, I can see how he would get kicked and hard enough to be knocked out...but decapitated?!?!?!
    I haven't read anything about a leg injury for anyone on the ride so I don't think he was kicked.

Check out the metal bars underneath the train.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I'm pretty upset with this friend of his also. You see, he may have been a good friend to the deceased, but in my opinion, real friends are better than good friends. They care about each other's safety. Rather, in this case, he seemed to have gone along with the victim rather than try to stop him. I don't get it. One life could have possibly been spared yesterday if this friend talked some sense into the deceased rather than just tag along!
    The deceased could have been the one reluctantly going along...

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    I still don't understand it...I mean, I can see how he would get kicked and hard enough to be knocked out...but decapitated?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    I haven't read anything about a leg injury for anyone on the ride so I don't think he was kicked.
    [img]
    Check out the metal bars underneath the train.
    Tui has it down it seems. No other injuries were reported so that means he was hit by an empty seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ It depends on where the kid was when he got hit. The maximum speed according to RollerCoaster Database (www.rcdb.com) is 50mph. But it's NOT just about the MPH. He was obviously struck at either the bottom of the drop, or the bottom of the loop or maybe even one of the corkscrews. My guess is the drop because anywhere else in the ride, and he would have had some kind of warning.

Although, the train makes lots of noise going up the hill. So he would have had some notice I think either way.
    I do not think the first droo gets low enough to hit anybody. It seems as if they entered towards the back, where the coaster is right at the edge of the parking lot. Some swoops get very low at that point.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The deceased could have been the one reluctantly going along...
    Interesting thought LazyBoy.

• For You!

Has anyone that was on the ride said anything yet? How absolutely horrible for them!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

This is my local park, so this hits close to home. This is the second time this has happened with this Batman: The Ride. I know a similar incident occured at Great America's Top Gun. However, there are B and M inverts and Batman: The Rides all over America and the world. I find it odd that two of the three deadly incidents involving them happened at my local park. It's bad that this happen, but people should really know better, almost all theme park fatalities are the cause of stupid guests who do what they know is really dangerous.

Anybody know when the ride is going to reopen, it is my favorite ride at SFOG?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Anybody know when the ride is going to reopen, it is my favorite ride at SFOG?
    The 6:00 News on NBC said today, Monday, the coaster is expected to be open. That though is assuming that Cobb County Police have finished their investigation. I cannot imagine much being left as the name of the deceased has been released, and he was a minor.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Yea. I'm sure that this boy won't do it again.
    I'm sure he won't either.

Sad to hear but I'm agreeing what most people say in here, kid shouldn't have done it and he paid the price for his stupidity with his life.

LazyBoy, now that you bring up the church group, can the parents of the deceased sue the church for not protecting their child? I mean, this child was their responsibility during the trip. I'm under the belief that this church was the one they attended. If so, I don't know why they would want to sue their own church, but could they still do it and make a case against the church if they decided to?
    It's called going for the green. They can sue whoever they want (or all of them) but they will most likely get more from Six Flags than their church, so that is probably where they will go for it, if they decide to sue.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daffodilklown View Post
    It's called going for the green. They can sue whoever they want (or all of them) but they will most likely get more from Six Flags than their church, so that is probably where they will go for it, if they decide to sue.
    The issue then is finding a judge or jury that believes the park was not at fault, even with the parents present. The boy's parents worked for the church, both of whom were present at the park.

• Capt. Spanky

DANG!!!! There's some cold S.O.Bs here. All right, I'll say it..I feel bad for the kid. Geeze, that took maybe 3 seconds to write. Kids do stupid things. I was a kid once...guess what, I did stupid things. But, I got real lucky. Now, this poor sap is dead. He was stupid, but still human.

Whewwwwwww. Y'all got no heart, man.....Cold as ice.
    Oh Brother!

[quote=circusfreak;2923354]DANG!!!! There's some cold S.O.Bs here. All right, I'll say it..I feel bad for the kid. Geeze, that took maybe 3 seconds to write. Kids do stupid things. I was a kid once...guess what, I did stupid things. But, I got real lucky. Now, this poor sap is dead. He was stupid, but still human.quote]

I tend to agree with you. Teenagers do stupid things, most of the time they get to live to tell about it and live productive lives afterwards. I do feel bad for him, his friend, and his family.

• Circle of Ancients

Yes, teenagers do stupid things, kids have a sense in invincibility, blah, blah, blah.

Sorry, but no amount of invincibility is going to make me want to hop a fence when there are signs EVERYWHERE telling me not to. Period.

When I was in HS, one of the most popular hang out spots was INSIDE a train tunnel. That's right. I went up there a few times, but NEVER went in. Why??? Because I didn't want to take the risk of getting hit by a train. That's why.

It's called common sense and personal responsibility. Something that was instilled into me very early, and something we've tried to instill in our kids as well. We won't even let them sit on the railings at the parks.

Look, I feel bad for the parents, because I'd be thinking "What did I NOT do or NOT tell my child about responsibility".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

DANG!!!! There's some cold S.O.Bs here. All right, I'll say it..I feel bad for the kid. Geeze, that took maybe 3 seconds to write. Kids do stupid things. I was a kid once...guess what, I did stupid things. But, I got real lucky. Now, this poor sap is dead. He was stupid, but still human.
    Call us cold hearted all you want. The truth hurts sometimes and we just need to be brutally honest. We all know that curiosity kills the cat and stupidity never pays off.

I feel sorry for the victims family. Don't know why I should feel all that sorry for the kid who decided to kill himself.

• Circle of Ancients

Call us cold hearted all you want. The truth hurts sometimes and we just need to be brutally honest. We all know that curiosity kills the cat and stupidity never pays off.

I feel sorry for the victims family. Don't know why I should feel all that sorry for the kid who decided to kill himself.
    That is clearly where there is a miscommunication in this thread. He did not decide to kill himself. As far as we all know this was not a suicide mission. It was a stupid prank, a stupid teenage dare, gone horribly and terribly wrong. As I have stated before, I doubt very much that he went in there thinking he would never come out again. Comparing his actions to those of a murderer is a little out there, and exactly the kind of talk that I was addressing with my earlier posts. Folks are condemning someone they don't know, and, morally speaking, that is more of a sin than what this kid did. This kid was killed, granted by his own actions, but still not intentionally, as far as we know. All of the time, folks on the Internet judge others that they haven't even met, and frankly I'm a little sick of it. This is not a Disneyland ride we can criticize before it opens. There's a big difference between some stupid Disneyland ride and a human being, and that is what I want to drive home with this post.

Angry Re: Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    Wow. Talk about insensitivity in this thread. Sure, it was a stupid thing to do, but really. Geez. This fellow was a human being. Show some respect.

I Agree! nobody (stupid or intelligent) deserves to die like this.

It is very sad...

Saludos

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast