Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Guest decapitated by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fen

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Well here's fine proof money runs this world.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=8583003

Well there goes some of my sympathy for the family, I know it's a tragic event but putting down a lawsuit for their son's foolish accident is downright silly.
    You can blame the family, but you have to blame the system more. Something has to be done about it.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Guest decapitated by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fen

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I should have stuck to my original instinct to stay out of this thread. The minute I give in to my curiosity, I am hit, square in the eyes, by a cruel joke.

It really saddens me that this event has gotten so much attention. I am also very disappointed that this incident was not mentioned once but twice in this week's roundup.
    The Round-Up is about highlighting popular threads. There were two very popular threads about this event both in News and Other Parks. When a story crosses lines like this was, many times it's featured more than once in the round-up. Not to mention that different sections are handled by different people, therefore since we don't share a brain, we sometimes have duplicate stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    You can blame the family, but you have to blame the system more. Something has to be done about it.
    Your talking about the legal system right? Because the system of having 2 fences and warning signs should be enough to prevent people from getting killed by roller coasters.

As far as the parents now seeking damages ... I find it absolutely sickening. And the sympathy I did have for them (yes I did indeed feel sorry for the parents) is now gone.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Sad Re: Guest decapitaed on Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    This title is misleading because the accident didn't happen while he was ON the ride.

Tragic though!

Wow. I can't imagine what his family must be feeling. And those other kids who had to witness that? Wow again.
    I agree, sorry for the parents, but the kid got what he was asking for.
    Dave

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Your talking about the legal system right? Because the system of having 2 fences and warning signs should be enough to prevent people from getting killed by roller coasters.
    No, fences are fine... They do their job well. It was the legal system I was talking about there.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Well here's fine proof money runs this world.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=8583003

Well there goes some of my sympathy for the family, I know it's a tragic event but putting down a lawsuit for their son's foolish accident is downright silly...
    And let me add to that, and downright wrong.

Really, can they not see that it was their son's own fault that he is now dead, not the park? It's really sickening that the parents, just a few mere days later, are trying to see what they can get out of it. Two thumbs way down - how about having a little grievance for your deceased son before trying to cash in the bucks?

Anywho, has there been any reports/stories from the people who actually witnessed the event (people on the ground, on the train, etc.)?

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• "I Break Things"

As a potential discouragement to this suit, if it is filed, I think Six Flags should file trespassing charges, loss of business charges, public endangerment charges, and request the victim's family should pay the medical expenses of those parties who were on the coaster and may need medical or emotional treatment.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    As a potential discouragement to this suit, if it is filed, I think Six Flags should file trespassing charges, loss of business charges, public endangerment charges, and request the victim's family should pay the medical expenses of those parties who were on the coaster and may need medical or emotional treatment.
    That's actually what we were talking about at home. Six Flags should counter-sue.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm sure they will do this, and I hope that they do, should the family decide to proceed with its lawsuit.

• "I Break Things"

While walking through Knott's a week or so ago my wife commented on the rather large fences that surround the Silver Bullet track... it is amazing that you can get so close, yet be so far from a very high speed section of that ride. Anyhow she was curious why the fence was so tall, I said "to keep people from climbing it" and she replied "Who would be that stupid"... guess we have our answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    I'm sure they will do this, and I hope that they do, should the family decide to proceed with its lawsuit.
    They won't, simply due to public perception and public outcry.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

true true, but they really should. THis forum is a clear testiment to how easy it is to make the kid an unsympathetic character

kid does something stupid family does something stupid maybe they do deserve a Darwin award :B

If I was on the ride when it happeed I would sue the family for mental stress caused by thier offspring.

• Circle of Ancients

They could win on at least one of those charges with no problem. I don't see why the lawyers wouldn't do it. Then again, these aren't Disney lawyers we're talking about. Unless something happens that makes it become a major media event, public interest will be nearly nil in this lawsuit. There are thousands of lawsuits and countersuits between major corporations and private citizens that happen every week like this, and we don't hear anything about them. If they threaten to countersue, I'm sure the lawyer of these parents, if he is smart (and not as good as the corporate's lawyers - which I doubt he is) would convince them to drop their suit or settle for a nominal fee.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    If I was on the ride when it happeed I would sue the family for mental stress caused by thier offspring.

• Banned User

On CNN yesterday, the anchor said that "state officials" told six flags that the fences were two feet short to comply with code. Exactly what this means, I don't know. (CNN then went on to berate six flags for re-opening the ride before the new fences were installed.) But if six flags was out of compliance, they will get nailed in this lawsuit, despite the fact that any reasonable person would not jump two fences and enter the track course area for a roller coaster.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    On CNN yesterday, the anchor said that "state officials" told six flags that the fences were two feet short to comply with code. Exactly what this means, I don't know. (CNN then went on to berate six flags for re-opening the ride before the new fences were installed.) But if six flags was out of compliance, they will get nailed in this lawsuit, despite the fact that any reasonable person would not jump two fences and enter the track course area for a roller coaster.
    None of the fences at Six Flags Over Georgia are eight feet tall. The coaster also reopened Wednesday after the park was given the okay to do so by the state.

State Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond says the park met all safety standards but the state has issued new requirements.

Within 10 days of the ride's reopening, the park must increase the number and size of warning signs. Thurmond says the message on the signs should include "extreme danger."
    Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,376141,00.html

More signs is a stupid response. If they were there, they still would have been ignored, despite whatever this kid's friend may be saying.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast