• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Early Entry if you stay at Disneyland Hotel?

Does anyone happen to know, do you get early entry if you stay at the Disneyland Hotel even if you only have a one or two day park hopper?

• I'm the Doctor

Re: Early Entry if you stay at Disneyland Hotel?

yes you get early entry still i believe

Blog Entries

Super thanks!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

If you have concierge level room(s) you definitely have access to all early entry days.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• is enjoying a ukulele.

You get early entry regardless of what room you're staying in. You just need to bring your "hotel credit card" or whatever that slip of paper is that says you're a guest and they'll let you in even if you have an AP or something like that.

Blog Entries

I called to find out the rules on this, the first person I talked to said that unless you book a vacation package with a three day ticket you do not get early entry into the park.
    The second gentleman I talked to as I had to check something with my reservation and I just wanted to clarify when they ended early entry to the park for guests said that they get early entry to the park as long as it is available, you just have to inquire at the front desk to get this, and the length of your park hopper does not matter, if you are staying you are eligible. He was super nice.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel - standard room - earlier this month and we had early entry (7am) only on Thurs. and Sat. morning.

You may still have to walk to the main gate if the monorail is not up and running at 7am as was the case for us.

Even reg. entry @ 8am is nice.

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE MAGIC!

• no flash photography...

it makes me wonder what the official policy is and what cm is misinformed.

Does anyone know if you get magic morning on the day of your check in? We plan on checking into Disneyland hotel on a Tuesday, but since check in is in the afternoon, do they give you some kind of voucher for early entry?

•   

^I have the same question. Any help is appreciated...

EDIT:

MM is available for those checking in the same day, just arive early and pre-register at the hotel before the MM entry time.
    Last edited by SanDiegoAl; 07-26-2008 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Got an answer from the resort

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    it makes me wonder what the official policy is and what cm is misinformed.
    Here is something I wrote on another board recently regarding the confusion and the policy....

OK, lets define the Two "Special" Programs

1. Magic Mornings (previously known as Early Entry). Offered Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sundays. Most of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open 1 hour prior to the official park opening of Disneyland on that day.

2. Mickey's Toowntown Morning Madness. Currently offered Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. This is available from Park Opening until 1 hour after Park Opening (which is the normal time for Toontown to open).

Before talking about who gets what and why, note the dates. Disney has set the schedule to allow the maximum use for most guests who are eligible for these perks, as you can get in line for a ride just before Park Opening for a Magic Morning and not worry about having to book it to Toontown. It used to have a lot of days that matched.

Both programs were designed and requested by the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), and as far as I know, the budgets for both programs and its operations (the additional costs to the parks) are paid for from the WDTC budget. They were put into place to help sell Multi-Day Tickets and Packages.

If you look at the long term history, Disneyland used to offer Early Entry prior to DCA opening, but the program was discontinued. (Guess who decided that....)

Shortly thereafter, Toontown Madness was created to help fill the void of no Early Entry and to have a "special" perk that WDTC could sell/market.

The next program was the "Anytime, Any Attraction" Fastpasses that were handed out by the WDTC for buying certain packages, many with the requirement to stay at a Disney Owned Hotel. This program didn't last long, partially due to problems with CM abuse. CM's collecting the FP's would keep the special FP's since they didn't have a date, and could be used anytime. Many of these were reused by CM's on their off days and/or their friends. (The FP's were good for any attraction that offered Fastpass any time on any date). The expiration dates were very long term, as they were mailed with the package from WDTC.

Well, TDA figured that out fairly quickly....

So the next program was the "Enhanced" Fastpass program, where they reprogrammed the FP machines to allow certain ParkHoppers (the machine could tell by the bar-code that it was eligible by the program) to get one Fastpass for every single FP attraction at any one time. This eliminated the abuse, as the Fastpasses had the same basic date of expiration (the date it was printed) and the start and end time. No way to save it for another day. But it was a significant perk. The first year it was very liberal and the folks at TDA thought too many folks were getting them, affecting the overall system (the "regular" guests were being short changed). So they looked into eliminating them. But there was a very strong demand for the program from AAA, mainly due to the "Power of the Internet". In the first year, you could go to the AAA Travel Department and order a ParkHopper Plus ticket of 3 or more days (same price as anywhere else) and get the Enhanced Fastpass feature, even without purchasing a Hotel or anything else. AAA wasn't too happy, as they prefer to sell packages, but their contract with WDTC says they have to sell everything in the catalog (that is labeled AAA, but designed and printed by WDTC).

Well, many folks found out about how to get it (yes, I was the one who figured out the program and the fact that it was possible to do it without any other purchase and spread the word on the Internet). After going around with some very senior people at AAA and some of its major "clubs" (regional areas) such as the Automobile Association of Southern California - AASC), they agreed they needed to honor the program and the deal, which only brought in about $15 in commission to the company per ticket sold.

At the end of the year, that was it. But AAA did see the demand, and worked out a deal with TWDC, for the next few years, AAA would get an "exclusive", which was the rights to the Enhanced Fastpass, but only for packages that WDTC would deem eligible, which basically was most packages that included a stay at a Disney owned Hotel, though for some busy periods, they did allow some selected some Good Neighbor Hotels, especially when the Disney owned Hotels were sold out.

The AAA exclusive Enhanced Fastpass program ended at the end of 2006, basically due to the "27 months of over 2.25 million prizes", and the fact TDA was worried about too many "special" FP's between the Enhanced FP's and the Dream Fastpasses.

Well, the WDTC needed something new to market (Toontown Madness vouchers and another special program, "front row seating" at selected DCA attractions were not big sellers), so the WDTC decided to bring back Early Entry, and started to market it with the purchase of most 3 day or longer ParkHoppers purchased in advance, which includes almost all WDTC packages (which happen to be "rebranded" by many companies including AAA, Costco and GetAwayToday.com). Most people don't know that TDA (aka Disneyland Resort Parks Division) only gets full credit for the tickets they sell at the Main Entrance Plaza and a few other minor groups, including most group tickets. WDTC sells the Good Neighbor Hotel Front Desk tickets, the Disney Store Tickets, etc... Of course, the Parks Division gets the majority of the money from the tickets, but WDTC gets its share of the money collected.

Anyways, that is why the Magic Morning program is marketed as an "exclusive" program for those people that have a specially marked Multi-Day ParkHopper, since it is WDTC's program. Well, the DLR hotel management wanted to have the perk also, and claimed it wouldn't cost that much more to include ALL Disney Hotel guests, not just those with a specially marked WDTC ParkHopper. Well, a deal was struck, and that was that the all Hotel Guests could enter with their Room Charge Slip, BUT the Hotels could NOT advertise the special perk in its own direct advertising for its hotel bookings.

So that is why you will not see anything in writing on the Disney owned Hotel websites about the perk, or if you ask for it. Only when you get to the hotel and check in are they allowed to let the guests know about the perk.

One other minor issue, GetAwayToday.com made a deal with the WDTC to be able to offer a "second" or extra Magic Morning with the purchase of certain travel packages from WDTC, another marketing point.

So the short answer for Program 1, both specially marked ParkHoppers and guests of the Three Disney Owned Hotels are allowed access to Magic Mornings, but the Hotel Guests is an "unofficial" program that could end at any time, and almost did earlier this year except for some major feedback.

Program 2, Toontown Madness has been around for a long time, and has ALWAYS been JUST a WDTC program. The only Disney owned hotel guests that get to attend are those who purchased a package from WDTC (or one of the associated resellers). (Well, unless you know that you can go to eBay and purchase the voucher).. (and maybe asking a Concierge Host)

Here is one listing, about $6 per person, IMHO not worth it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mickeys-Toontown...3286.m14.l1318

Hope that is enough history for you about the programs....

If you have any questions, I could get into even more details about the last few years....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Blog Entries

Thanks Darkbeer, that answered all my questions, very thourough!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Actually, I forget the big "Hotel Perk" back in early 2001.

When DCA first opened, ONLY guests of the Three Disney owned Hotels got the right to buy special Multi-Day Park Tickets. They were the only ones that were "ParkHoppers". Everyone else who bought a Multi-Day ticket had to decide before they entered which park they wanted to visit that day, and had to stay there the entire day.

Well, guess what the vast majority of people choose to do. So much so with a couple of months the special ParkHoppers were expanded first to Good Neighbor Hotel guests, then to anyone, including the Main Ticket Windows, to try and get more people into DCA.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com