Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Any recent reviews of Disneyland Hotel??

Staying there in October, the weekend before Halloween. We've stayed at PP on several occasions, but never DH, nor GCH. Any recent reviews specifically of DH would be great.

We try to see what the best AP deal is, at the moment it was excellent, with the DH being only $20 more per night than the PP. We've been very happy with PP but I've always wanted to stay at the DH, since I was a kid actually!

Thanks for your help!

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Any recent reviews of Disneyland Hotel??

Here is a lot of DLH reviews, many recent...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...alifornia.html
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Yes, I checked Trip Advisor first actually, they have reviews for every hotel you can think of. Just was wondering about folks here as well. Some of the reviews on Trip Advisor were a bit mixed.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

We were just there end of June. We visit 2-3 times a year. While Disneyland Hotel is still my favorite place to stay at the Resort, she is showing some wear. Some of the rooms are worse than others. i.e. stained carpet, dinged up furniture, peeling and stained wallpaper in the bathroom. Not worth the rack rates by any stretch, but at AP7 or better discount they're still magical.

If it's your first visit, you'll be charmed.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

For the location and if you are wanting to stay at a DLR hotel, I think the DLH is great. A quick walk gets you to the monorail, DTD and the not-so-secret entrance into DCA for hotel guests only. I can't tell you how many times we've been thankful to be just a monorail ride away from the hotel, especially after a long day and night in the park.

We've stayed there the last three times and I still love it. Yeah, it's a little overpriced, but to me it's worth it to be able to run back to the room and back to the park in about 30 minutes for those things you forgot, like sunscreen or bandaids or the bag of mickey shaped pretzels you were going to eat in the park....

I especially like being able to get quickservice at the Jazz Kitchen on the way back to the hotel room if we didn't want to eat dinner in the park.... mmm... We are going to be there at the end of August, can you tell?

Have a great trip!
    Last edited by jsdmn2; 08-01-2008 at 08:19 PM.

I've also stayed at PPH, and in April stayed at the DLH for the first time. I agree that there are some obvious signs of wear at DLH, but it was truly magical for us. Of the two, my own opinion is that PPH is more family oriented. PPH seemed a little more casual, while DLH seemed a bit upper end to me, but, again, that's just my opinion.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Thanks for the info - I think at the AP7 price we can't go wrong anyway.

I was one of the reviews on trip advisor, I won the trip there for 2 nights and glad I didn't have to pay for it. the walk from the hotel to the park was just as long if not longer then some of the other hotels, the room was ok, the bathroom next to the shower had a black mold on the wall alittle scary. I have stayed at nicer hotels for a lot less, the best part of the stay was the pool, and that my 17 month old got to play with Goofy one on one for a awhile in the lobby while we waited for are room to be ready check at 3 we didn't get in to our room until 4:30. it was nice to say we stayed at the disneyland hotel once. would like to stay at PP sometime went ther for Lilo and Stitich, and it looked like it was nicer and more up to date.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Yea, I was worried about that sort of thing. Did you mention the mold to the staff or asked to be moved? I'm curious if they were accomodating. Also, when did you stay there? We love the PP but since I was a kid I've wanted to stay at DH, so hope it's not a letdown!

We were there June 13th-15 and I told the desk but they said they had no other rooms so we were kinda stuck. I could be wrong, but I think because we won the trip and were staying for free maybe they thought we should be happy with what we got....

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy77 View Post
    We were there June 13th-15 and I told the desk but they said they had no other rooms so we were kinda stuck. I could be wrong, but I think because we won the trip and were staying for free maybe they thought we should be happy with what we got....
    Yeah, hard to say. Thanks for the extra info, I do appreciate it.

We just stayed there end of July, we were in the Dreams Tower, facing the pool, 6th floor. Our room was perfect, very clean, in excellent condition. The view through the huge glass doors looking out over the pool area and gardens was incredible! After staying at HoJo's a few times, we now won't consider staying anywhere except the DL Hotel. In fact, we were at Hojo's and checked out and moved to the DL Hotel. We were extremely disapointed in our room at HoJo's this time, and the difference in price with the ap rate was not enough to justify putting up with the many things that were wrong at HoJo's this time (badly located, dark room, horrible bed, worse shower, far too long walk to get to DL, being the last stop on Art to get back at night). Everything about staying at the DL Hotel was awesome. We could walk out of our lobby door, and be at the monorail station in about 3 minutes. From the monorail station in Tomorrowland, you can walk a few steps to the train station, get on the train and be anywhere in Disneyland in minutes, with very little walking involved at all. Same for the trip back to the hotel. It was really great to be able to get the train in New Orleans Square when it was crazy with Fantasmic crowds, then transfer to the monorail in Tomorrowland, then the very short walk to our room. The only time that won't work is in the evening for a while, they close down the monorail for the fireworks. Also, if you have little ones and watch the fireworks in the hub, instead of making your snailspace to the main exit to leave, you can go across into Tomorrowland, and catch the monorail to go back to the hotel.
    The pool is amazing, we don't have little ones of our own anymore, but this big kid sure loved it!! lol... The themeing around the hotel is awesome, you have no doubt you are on a Disneyland property when staying there! down to the topiary shrubs shaped like the characters. The restaurants, and the lounge are all excellent. Everyone we interacted with was awesome. The breakfast at Steakhouse 55 has to be about the best breakfast and the best deal anywhere!! and for the adults, a nice relaxing drink in the really lovely lounge in the hot afternoon is a real treat!
    Staying for several days, I managed to bring home several little bottles of shampoo, lotion etc. in little bottles with Mickey's head for a top to share with grandchildren.
    We arrived at 11:30 am (we were extremely anxious to be out of HoJo's and decided we'd rather be in our car if need be) and our room was ready for us!! We went up, unpacked, showered, relaxed on our awesome king size bed before going back to the park.We felt like we had come home! that night was the best, most comfortable sleep I'd had since I'd left home.
    When the cleaning person had missed giving us clean glasses in our bar area, and we asked for some, he literally ran to get them! I really can't imagine them being lax about something like a mold complaint, but I guess you never know...
    Next time we are thinking about asking for a room looking out over Downtown Disney, as I think you could see the fireworks from your room, and those rooms were $40. cheaper! but we thought the pool view sounded good, so that's what we went with. I'd like to try the concierge level for at least one night, just to ride the glass elevator! lol....

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I haven't stayed at DH in over a year now, but I spent three nights at GCH in June and they were absolutely splendid. The staff was courteous and really on top of stuff, the pool was nice and clean. Our room was decent sized with a nice balcony, and the bathroom was sparkling clean.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Talking Re: Any recent reviews of Disneyland Hotel??

Quote Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
    We just stayed there end of July, we were in the Dreams Tower, facing the pool, 6th floor. Our room was perfect, very clean, in excellent condition. The view through the huge glass doors looking out over the pool area and gardens was incredible! ....
    What a helpful review! Thanks so much. I can't wait till we get there.

I recently stayed at the DH dreams tower-downtown disney view. The room was large and clean. The view of downtown disney was great and I was able to watch the fireworks from my room. However, the noise from downtown disney was VERY loud. I could hear the band that plays in front of ESPN Zone every day from 10am until 11 pm. It was not a soft background sort tof sound, but a loud-window vibrating sound. Not fun if you are tyring to take an afternoon nap or relaxing in the evening. Other than that I loved the disneyland hotel. The pool areas were great and it was very convenient accessing the monorail every morning. I usually stay at Paradise Pier but my next trip I might try a pool view room at DH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast