• *** - OK

2 11.11%
  • ** - Didn't Like

0 0%
  • * - Major Issues

0 0%

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Hyatt Orange County

Definitely a cut above the standard Good Neighbor motels, but has some drawbacks.

Here are the pros:

The rooms are nice and big, and reasonably priced. Our room had two very comfortable queen sized beds, and a very nice bathroom. Nice big TV and a view out the atrium which at night was even better.

There is the usual hotel restaurant food and when we were there a Starbucks too which was nice. Room service is available, and the breakfast wasn't too pricey.

The cons:

The distance makes it not as convenient. If you have small children this is a real pain, as tired tikes need to be taken back to the room to rest often more than once a day. There is a shuttle that runs every thirty minutes, but you may find yourself having to rush back to catch it (we just missed it a few times), and the driver expects a tip each time you ride (I can't blame them but really it becomes a nuisance on a long stay).

There can be long waits for the elevators if the hotel is crowded. When we stayed there (during summer) there was a band competition on so the hotel was very crowded with teenagers wandering all floors and using the elevators. We never heard any noise from these kids but the elevator wait was really annoying.

I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who prefers staying at a hotel instead of a motel but doesn't want to pay the premium for a room at PP, DH or GC. If you don't have an annual pass, the Hyatt Orange County is definitely a better value.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Hyatt Orange County

Thank you for the review! Hope you don't mind, I've added a poll.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Love the poll! Thanks for adding

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

dustin and i have stayed there once via priceline (got a room for 65$ a night i believe)

we loved the place, we rent a car so its no big to drive to the resort each day, our biggest beef was the daily parking charge, if we'd had to combine that with parking at Disney that would have come to 25$ a day, just to park!

the best feature of the hotel was their beds, they were soft, snuggly and comfy! Dustin just the other day said "remember when we stayed at the hyatt, those beds were so awesome!" and we stayed there well over a year ago.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

I agree, top beds!

I stayed here through Priceline for $60 a night. They have amazing beds but the shuttles were a bit of a pain at times. We live in the valley so we come often and seem to always stay there. Great hotel overall.

• Loving life!

I just won this hotel on Priceline for $42/night (11/30-12/5). I have read that they have non-smoking rooms on a mostly smoking floor so I am going to call and ask for a room a non-smoking floor due to my asthma.

It is my understanding that there are two different towers (North and South). Should I request one tower over the other?

I am looking forward to the comfy beds and free shuttle!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We just spent 3 nights there this past weekend thru Priceline $42 a night + $15 a day parking fee. Our room was fine although it was kind of in a strange cubby hole of rooms but we overlooked the pool and jacuzzi which I always like. Beds were comfy. The shower when you step out of it seems like a bigger step out as if the shower was a tad bit elevated.

They had a Starbucks and a pizza hut in the lobby area. We came back from dinner late Friday night with friends and had sodas at the bar area and the waitress was extremely friendly.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Villains Fan and I (along with a bunch of other Chatters) stayed here this past weekend for Gay Days. Definitely one of the nicest places we've stayed at in the area. The beds are awesome!

No real difference between the North Tower and the South Tower.

We didn't eat at the restaurant but it was packed both mornings for the brunch (which looked really good). I can attest that the bar was great The drinks were nice and strong.

It's $15 to park a day. I HATE paying for parking at hotels but what can ya do. The shuttle system was awesome to the parks. There was always 2 picking up people and one time, there was 4!

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Loving life!

Thanks for the replies! Do the rooms have micros and fridges? They don't list it under their amenities so I will assume they don't. Not a biggie for me but would have been nice.

For $42, the $15 parking fee is fine. And to find out that we won't have to pay to park at DL or pay for a shuttle makes it even better!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Our rooms had no fridges or microwaves. Others might, but usually the hotel website will say what rooms have what amenities.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

We stayed here one night last weekend. Overall, very positive feelings about this hotel. Room was dead quiet, once the door was closed. Beds were top notch, most of the room decor was newish, with some slight signs of wear. The depth of the tub was a little disconcerting for me, too. Not as deep as the floor, so there is a definite slight step downward when exiting. There were other hints that this is not a brand new property, but they didn't detract from an excellent experience. Front desk and bell staff were very professional, with folks opening the front door for guests and the lady registering us, wrote her name on our check-in package, so we could call her personally if there were any questions. And the staff wore more formal uniforms than your average hotel, more like an InterContinental property, than a mid-priced hotel.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Quote Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Do the rooms have micros and fridges? They don't list it under their amenities so I will assume they don't. Not a biggie for me but would have been nice.

For $42, the $15 parking fee is fine. And to find out that we won't have to pay to park at DL or pay for a shuttle makes it even better!
    $42 + 15 for parking is an excellent deal for this nice hotel. I'm sure you won't missing not having a fridge & micro. By the way, above average room service as well - expensive as they usually are, but very nice food. The shuttle is nice too, the drivers are friendly and expect tips.