Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Loving life!

Hotel in Riverside/Corona area

We are going to visit family in the Riverside/Corona/Moreno Valley area for a couple days before we go to DL. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in that area that is under $100/night. There are a couple of Marriotts in Riverside but they are too expensive.

Alternatively, how bad would it be to just stay in Anaheim and drive back and forth?

Thanks for your help!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Hotel in Riverside/Corona area

I've heard good things about the Ayres Suites (there is one in Corona).

As for the commute back and forth... depends on the time of day, but in general, the 91 sucks. I would avoid it if possible.

• In Blackberry Rehab

Depending on when you plan on traveling-

6am-10am 91E (Corona area to Anaheim) is pretty slammed.

3pm-7pm 91W (Anaheim to Corona area) is even more backed up.

This is just a general view of how the 91 Freeway works on the weekdays, give or take an hour. Weekends are usually a bit more free, but from my experience it's a crapshoot at what you're going to get. Try going to this site here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g3...ia-Hotels.html

Hope that helps!

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• Leaping Into The Abyss

We're traveling from Oregon to Southern California in Nov/Dec to visit Disneyland and family in Anaheim. We planned to go to Riverside to visit the National Cemertary where both our fathers ashes are located. I made reservations at Mission Inn in Riverside for one night, total $200 a night, but a very very nice hotel. However we decided to spend more nights in Anaheim and just drive to Riverside as a 1/2 day trip.

No actual advise here on inexpensive hotels in Riverside. I just think the bargains you can get on pretty nice hotels near Disneyland make it better to stay near the park and drive to Riverside.
    Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

• Loving life!

Thanks for the help! I checked into Ayres and it looks really nice but too much money. We just aren't willing to spend more than $100/night on a hotel in Riverside when we can get a nice place in Anaheim for under $80/night. Quite frankly, after checking out Trip Advisor, all the cheaper hotels in Riverside sound kind of scary!

What about traveling between the Ontario Airport and Riverside? There are more reasonably priced hotels near the airport so I thought this might be an option.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

There are some ok hotels on University Avenue in Riverside close to UC Riverside.

If you stay near the Ontario Airport, you might hit a lot of traffic during rush hour. My husband commutes close to there from Moreno Valley and it can take him over an hour to go to/from work.

Also, which area of Riverside are you going to be visiting? If it is closer to Corona, that might be a better place to stay. If it is closer to Moreno Valley or Downtown Riverside, I would suggest staying near UC Riverside.

sometimes you could get a very good deal at the Mission Inn. Its a gorgeous hotel would not hurt to take a look.

just checked expedia. The prices for ayres are int he 140's which is about the same as mission inn.

One thing i do suggest is to avoid any small hotel on university avenue between the 91fwy and 60fwy. That area used to be very sleezy and ttill recently had a working girl problem. Who knows what went on in many of those places. stick with better known hotels next to the university if considering that area

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    One thing i do suggest is to avoid any small hotel on university avenue between the 91fwy and 60fwy. That area used to be very sleezy and ttill recently had a working girl problem. Who knows what went on in many of those places. stick with better known hotels next to the university if considering that area
    After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I figured that was area to stay away from .

I would love to stay at Mission Inn as my aunt and uncle were married there in the 1960's and it would be nostalgic but it is not in the budget. Ayres isn't in the budget either. I was hoping that I had missed some great place to stay that some of you might know about.

Unless I find some great deal (which I doubt since it is Thanksgiving weekend), I think we are just going to get a place at Ontario Airport and drive back and forth. My dad lives just a couple miles east of the Galleria so it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for all the input!

if you stay near ontario airport avoid going down the 15 to the 91. you will be stuck in traffic most of the time in the 91.

just take the 60 (which has carpool from riverside to industry) to the 57 fwy (which also has its own dedicated ramp from the 60 to 57) it will take you much less time and the traffic is not as bad. Actually the 60 fwy has cleared up signifcantly since they widden it form industry to riverside

• Loving life!

Just had to say a final "Thank You"!

I just searched Priceline and there is a 4* hotel in the Riverside/San Bernadino area. So I think I am going to make ressies at a hotel near Ontario Airport and then try Priceline a few weeks before our trip.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

There are some nice hotels in the canyon which would be in between.
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

Smile Re: Hotel in Riverside/Corona area

I would try the Ontario Hilton or Marriot. They should be close to the $100 range. Especially on holiday times because they are primarily business hotels. And just to echo everyone else, yes, the 91 is a nightmare most of the time. Try to avoid it. I live in MV and work in Corona. Go to Anahiem as much as possible. With no traffic, it is an hour ten for us. But then again, we live tucked up under Lake Perris, 15 minutes from any freeway. Have a great trip, whatever you decide.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
    Just had to say a final "Thank You"!

I just searched Priceline and there is a 4* hotel in the Riverside/San Bernadino area. So I think I am going to make ressies at a hotel near Ontario Airport and then try Priceline a few weeks before our trip.

hubby has abusiness trip in ontario the week of sept 8th, and is staying at country inn or something like that (we are going with him) he has stayed there before and said it is wonderful. I think i t is under $100 a nite not sure, so we will b e commuting fo DL as well....

Friends for life

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    hubby has abusiness trip in ontario the week of sept 8th, and is staying at country inn or something like that (we are going with him) he has stayed there before and said it is wonderful. I think i t is under $100 a nite not sure, so we will b e commuting fo DL as well....
    Thanks, Kelly! I will have to check that one out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast