Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• That Guy

End of Oct. Trip Planning- Need Hotel Advice Please

Hello Everyone!

I am going to DLR on the second to last week of Oct.

It will be me, and my Brother, his wife, and three kids.

Typically I hotwire and get Doubletree, or the Hyatt, which I LOVE. Can you please help me find a similar quality hotel with suites? They need a suite, I need a regular room. I would prefer a nicer hotel, like the two aforementioned.

Thanks so much!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: End of Oct. Trip Planning- Need Hotel Advice Please

Would a suite like the Portofino's Kid's suite with a king size bed in one room and a bunk bed/sleeper sofa in the other work? I am not familiar with all the hotels with suites (kids are still young enough to keep in the room with us I guess?) but I have seen that one pop up in my searching - for the same week in October no less!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Hi Max

A couple of hotels I can think of off the top of my head are Hilton Suites, just a couple miles from the resort. The Anabella Hotel has suites and regular rooms (across the street from DCA), and has a special MiceChat room discount (see this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ial-91083.html ). I've also recently stayed in a 2 room suite at the Camelot Inn across the street from Disneyland.

These are the only suites I've stayed in, but I know there are quite a few around the resort area. There's quite a few reviews in this forum if you feel like some late night reading .

If I were'nt staying at HOJOs, Residence Inn would be my second choice if I could get the lower price guaranteed rate (finding a price cheaper on a travel website than the res inn website- and getting 20% off that price) That would be the Residence Inn Maingate. I've heard of people getting that deal- but after checking daily for about a month I gave up.

Bobby. RIP '95-2008

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    Hi Max

A couple of hotels I can think of off the top of my head are Hilton Suites, just a couple miles from the resort. The Anabella Hotel has suites and regular rooms (across the street from DCA), and has a special MiceChat room discount (see this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ial-91083.html ). I've also recently stayed in a 2 room suite at the Camelot Inn across the street from Disneyland.

These are the only suites I've stayed in, but I know there are quite a few around the resort area. There's quite a few reviews in this forum if you feel like some late night reading .
    Thanks so much for the info. How would you say the amenities are there? I have a very, very picky older brother, and I know I can vouch for the Doubletree and Hyatt, but I don't know about the hotels close to the gate. I did take my Mom to the Desert Suites, and it was such a nasty dump, I was so embarressed, I didn't know what to do. It was truly just gross.

I will check those out, thanks for your time!

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
    If I were'nt staying at HOJOs, Residence Inn would be my second choice if I could get the lower price guaranteed rate (finding a price cheaper on a travel website than the res inn website- and getting 20% off that price) That would be the Residence Inn Maingate. I've heard of people getting that deal- but after checking daily for about a month I gave up.

I will check it out and take a look. I am not used to traveling with kids, so I didn't even think about them needing a suite, I thought they would just get an extra regular room for the kids, but they are kind of little, so I know see that might not be a good plan....

• That Guy

In my perfect world, if there was a hotel as nice as the Hyatt/Doubletree, it would be no problem, but I haven't found it yet.

I know that hotels advertised as 'suites' have the adjoining rooms, etc. but in general, do other hotels sometimes have rooms that adjoin? I think I recall staying in hotels with doors between the rooms, that can be opened if both rooms are rented. I wonder if that would work?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Max, might want to check out the review I did on the Hilton Suites in this forum. It includes pictures of the room. We really like it a lot because we have the separate living room (foldout bed), microwave and fridge. The only negative thing is that it is not within walking distance but it does use ART and has free parking.

• Loving life!

The Hyatt Regency on Harbor has 2 bedroom/2 bath suites with a king in one bedroom and two queens in the other bedroom. Your brother and his family could have the room with the two queens and you could have the room with the king. They also have other types of suites if you didn't want to share a suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Thanks so much for the info. How would you say the amenities are there? I have a very, very picky older brother, and I know I can vouch for the Doubletree and Hyatt, but I don't know about the hotels close to the gate. I did take my Mom to the Desert Suites, and it was such a nasty dump, I was so embarressed, I didn't know what to do. It was truly just gross.

I will check those out, thanks for your time!
    I like the Embassy Suites, but the Hampton Inn will work if you are looking to save a few bucks. We generally stay at these locations (unless we are feeling little more adventurous and giving price line a shot). Although, we only stay at hotels that offer decent hot breakfast - we have found it is much easier to keep our kids on a good eating schedule.

Way back when we were a little more budget conscious we stayed at various hotels around the gate- non-of-which I would be happy with today. Stick with the any of the Hilton Family Hotels and you can be pretty certain of what you will get.

• Loving life!

Quote Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this! I just made reservations at the Anaheim Courtyard by Marriott for $109/nt because Expedia shows it for $87/nt. I called and am waiting for an e-mail to see if they are going to adjust my rate. If so, that would be about $65/nt and it looks like a really nice hotel.

Now back to our original programming...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Max, right next to the Hyatt is a Residence Inn and an Embassy Suites. I've stayed in both. The Embassy is a great hotel, they have a full hot breakfast every morning and a managers reception in the evening. The lobby is gorgeous and the staff was great. The room has two queen beds in the bedroom and a sofabed in the parlor area.

The Residence wasn't as nice, aesthetically, it was very roomy. We had a two room suite, queen bed in one room and the other room had two twin beds each has their own bathrooms. There was a parlor with sofasleeper and a full kitchen also. They also had a full breakfasts

The Camelot Inn that VF was talking about(I was with her ) is huge but if the amenities are more important then skip this one.

The Hilton Suites mentioned above is really nice, the breakfast is great and there was a managers reception when I stayed there(years ago) The only downfall for us was the location, but they did have their own shuttle, at least when we stayed there.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• That Guy

Thanks everyone for the great advice, I will take it all in, and do a TON of homework. I really appreciate the time and energy you took to give your advice, I know this isn't a juicy thread, and it means a lot that you took the time, so please accept my sincere thanks.

MF

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Hey Max, check out the Sheraton Anaheim also. They now have family suites and they are a gorgeous hotel with tons of amenities, pretty grounds and the staff is wonderful also. We've stayed there at least 4 times.

There's another Sheraton, on Harbor that has a club level, I haven't stayed at that one yet though, but I'm guessing it's worth a check.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

I have to tell you about a deal that a friend and I got tonight.

Marriott/Courtyard has a price matching program. If you find a room cheaper than their website prices, you can book the room at the site price, and, call them or submit a form online with the other websites best price for the same room.

For the Anaheim Marriott Suites the room rate is $139.00. Expedia has it at $111.00. This means Marriott would have to give it to you for about $84.00. I did it on another Marriott and got a $109 room for $64.00 tonight! (And, I submitted for the suites hotel, if I get that, I will cancel the $64.00 one.) Just an FYI for those who compare prices....Courtyard Marriott will price match and give you an additional percentage off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast