Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Anaheim Marriott Suites?

Okay---same deal as my other thread. They price match, and, Expedia has a rate of $111.00, and, the Marriott site has a price of $139.00. They will price match and knock off 25%. I wondered if anyone has stayed here, and, how was the experience?

Again, I can't find a thread with this one.

Thanks much!

• Loving life!

Re: Anaheim Marriott Suites?

We got Marriott Suites for $83/night and parking is free. We also got the Courtyard for $65/night plus parking is $9/day. Now we have to decide which to keep and which to cancel. The reviews on TripAdvisor are pointing me towards Marriott Suites even though it is a tad more expensive. It is just me and DH and we will take ART regardless of which one we stay at so the distance from DL isn't a big deal to us.

Is Marriott Suites worth the extra $9/night? (That is about $50 for the trip -- or 2 character meals!)

• Banned User

Whaa! Nobody is answering if it's good or not! ha!

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

We have stayed at Marriott Suites. Completely UNimpressed. We waited for the valet for 10 minutes. No one ever offered to park our car. I finally self parked and started pulling out my bags. I couldn't get help from the bell staff. I called my travel agent and along with discussing a mess up with our room, asked them to call the hotel to send me some help . Then when staff members came out (no guests or cars around) they argued over who was going to get our luggage. My husband came out and grabbed the cart to come help me. The desl manager offered to upgrade our room but there wouldn't be enough beds so she acted like she was doing me a great favor by giving us a roll away.

We have no plans to return there.
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
    We have stayed at Marriott Suites. Completely UNimpressed. We waited for the valet for 10 minutes. No one ever offered to park our car. I finally self parked and started pulling out my bags. I couldn't get help from the bell staff. I called my travel agent and along with discussing a mess up with our room, asked them to call the hotel to send me some help . Then when staff members came out (no guests or cars around) they argued over who was going to get our luggage. My husband came out and grabbed the cart to come help me. The desl manager offered to upgrade our room but there wouldn't be enough beds so she acted like she was doing me a great favor by giving us a roll away.

We have no plans to return there.
    WOW...that's not good. How were the rooms??? Clean? Nice bedding? I know the staff sucks, but, how were the rooms overall? I'd really like to know that part. And, this was the Marriott Suites and not the Courtyard Marriott, correct??

Thanks for the input.

• no flash photography...

The last time I stayed there was about 6 years ago. It was nice. I did not have any complaints. It was $89.00 per night and it was in august.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    The last time I stayed there was about 6 years ago. It was nice. I did not have any complaints. It was $89.00 per night and it was in august.
    Thanks so much! We got such a deal with the Expedia discount, and, the hotel matching with 25% off of that. We got it for about $83 a night. And, JosieGirl and her hubby are going to be there the same time as us (we're friends, obviously) and another of our friends booked it at the same time. Expedia took down their special...I am sure that Marriott got several of those requests! ha!

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    WOW...that's not good. How were the rooms??? Clean? Nice bedding? I know the staff sucks, but, how were the rooms overall? I'd really like to know that part. And, this was the Marriott Suites and not the Courtyard Marriott, correct??

Thanks for the input.
    The room was clean, beds were okay but for what we paid we could have done better in the area. This was Marriott Suites in the same parking lot as Outback Steakhouse. Homestead Suites seems like a much better deal.

JMHO
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
    The room was clean, beds were okay but for what we paid we could have done better in the area. This was Marriott Suites in the same parking lot as Outback Steakhouse. Homestead Suites seems like a much better deal.

JMHO
    Homewood Suites you mean? I love that place. We've stayed there quite a bit, but, their rates aren't as low as what I could get the Marriott Suites for this trip.

Anyone else have experience here?

• Sock Puppet

We've stayed at the Marriott Suites a few times when using Priceline. We liked the place. Especially for the price...

$50.00/night

Good luck!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Thanks so much! We got such a deal with the Expedia discount, and, the hotel matching with 25% off of that. We got it for about $83 a night. And, JosieGirl and her hubby are going to be there the same time as us (we're friends, obviously) and another of our friends booked it at the same time. Expedia took down their special...I am sure that Marriott got several of those requests! ha!
    That is fantastic, J! I think that's a great rate!

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Don't forget to check www.tripadvisor.com - they have reviews of just about every hotel you'd want to stay at all over the world. You can read reviews from folks who have stayed very recently, which I think is very helpful.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wbarley View Post
    Don't forget to check www.tripadvisor.com - they have reviews of just about every hotel you'd want to stay at all over the world. You can read reviews from folks who have stayed very recently, which I think is very helpful.
    Thanks, I've done that too. It gets great reviews online. I wanted opinions here too.

• Banned User

Anyone else?? It's down to 2 weeks for me now.

• Banned User

Just spent 5 nights at Marriott Suites and I WOULD recommend this hotel.

We don't valet park because we wanted FREE parking, and, I have a handicap placard anyway, so, we parked in front in the handicap spot.

I thought it was a very nice place. The suite was small, but, it was very adequate for me and hubby. It was very clean. We had a mini fridge and a microwave. The living room and bedroom both had a t.v. The bedding was really nice. Very crisp, white sheets, and, down comforters and lots of pillows and 2 extra pillows and 2 extra blankets in the closet!

The bathroom had 2 entrances, one from the living room and one from the bedroom. And, when I was in the living room watching t.v. when hubby went to sleep, he couldn't hear the t.v. even though it was pretty darn close! There is a door that closes off the living room from the bedroom. The bathroom vanity was outside of the bathroom, in a walkway between the bedroom and bathroom. A large closet was across from it. The bathroom was a good size too. I didn't feel like I was bumping into myself in there.

There's a desk with a chair next to the window, and, a sofa, coffee table and chair in the living room.

I thought it was quite nice for the deal I got. It was clean, and, the beds were comfy. I'd definitely stay again....especially at the rate of 83.00 a night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast