Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• For You!

Thank you!! MiceChat Rate at the Anabella!

My huge extended family is going to Disneyland in 2 weeks. We just keep adding people. Anyway, we decided we needed one last room and my mom (a travel agent) just couldn't find a decent rate anywhere (not even one with a travel agent rate). So, I suggested calling the Anabella and asking for the micechat rate - we got a concierge room for $101.00 a night. Wow. Thank you so much micechat!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Re: Thank you!! MiceChat Rate at the Anabella!

Oh we had a great time when we stayed there. In the morning we would walk down the street to the Grand Californian and walk through the lobby to Disneyland. At night we would take the tram back to the Timon Parking lot and walk across the street.

Oh the room service was great also.

Have a great trip!
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• For You!

We had to get one more room for just a night - did I mention how great this Micechat rate is??!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

And it's a wonderful hotel, the discount was just the icing on the cake. I stayed at this hotel in January and was totally impressed with the room and the location. I would certainly put it at the top of my choices of hotels.

• For You!

We've stayed there almost everytime, unless we get to stay in a Disney hotel. I love it there. I just wish they'd get a decent continental breakfast.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Agreed. The fruit plate thingy was lacking a bit.

The room size was awesome - we had both beds and the sofa bed in use and never felt cramped.

• 'splosions

and you never say hi to me

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    We've stayed there almost everytime, unless we get to stay in a Disney hotel. I love it there. I just wish they'd get a decent continental breakfast.

i'm glad everyone loves the MICECHAT discount. let us know through comment cards, emails, etc. to keep it going again next year since as of now it's only good through the end of the year.

• For You!

I'm sorry!!! Do I just stand in the lobby and yell out "Who here knows Browncoat???"

I'll totally even bring you a treat from Idaho!!!! You don't know how much this room rate saved me. Trying to get rooms for a zillion family members can really take it out of you - especially when they keep changing dates and wanting you to fix things!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

This thread saved me! I wanted to stay here but missed out on a great rate a month or so ago on Orbitz. So we were going to book the Desert Palms (which Liz made look awesome in her review by the way) until I suddenly said "der - call the Anabella and check!" Sure enough, they have rooms available when we are coming and the only reason we didn't book tonight is because hubby wanted more details on the difference between concierge and regular. Off to find all the ralliversary reviews with pictures for him!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• For You!

I think it was a $3 difference for us.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

We got a quote of $91 for a regular room or $101 for a concierge level room. And the person hubby talked to made it sound like even the Kids suite with the bunkbeds was included in these rate options. So, I need to decide what size room I need (but really, if I can get bigger for the same price, why wouldn't I?) and determine if $10/day is worth the little breakfast and the nicer bedding!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    We got a quote of $91 for a regular room or $101 for a concierge level room. And the person hubby talked to made it sound like even the Kids suite with the bunkbeds was included in these rate options. So, I need to decide what size room I need (but really, if I can get bigger for the same price, why wouldn't I?) and determine if $10/day is worth the little breakfast and the nicer bedding!
    I just went to Get Away Today Vacations web site and did a little math based on what their price is and what you were quoted, and I got the EXACT same number! I was planning a 7 night stay with a 4-day park hopper (3 Reg. 2 child). The number I got (purchasing park passes through Get Away Today, and using the $91 quote you got for micechat) is the same as if I booked the same room and purchased the tickets through Get Away Today. PLUS, you get TWO early entry passes when you get tickets through Get Away Today, instead of just one! Didn't know if you knew all that, but I thought I'd chime in. I know I'm a little late!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Wow - really? That's actually really cool. I have an AP so I never look at the tickets part. You got a great deal! I'm seeing a 7 night stay through Getawaytoday while we are traveling as $791 for a standard room. That would factor out to $113/night. You must have found a great window of opportunity and I hope you were able to grab it.
    Last edited by tinkermonkey; 09-29-2008 at 01:22 PM.

I got concierge for $101 also on Hotels.com. I glad to hear everyone loves it.

I was wondering about the walking to the park....is it within walking distance? Do we do the tram? What's the best way with two 5 year olds?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

We just spent a week (8 nights) at the Anabella. We were able to use the MC code and got the Kids Suite for $99/night. This room is amazingly huge! If you are travelling with kids, especially over a long period of time, this is a great choice.

The room has a standard entrance into what looks like a simple room with one queen (or double?) bed. There is a TV with a refridgerator beneath it and a desk and 2 chairs (desk chairs). The bathroom is a basic one with a large vanity/mirror outside of the bathroom itself so you can spread out. There is one doorway off the main room that takes you into this area. Also next to the vanity is a closet with a safe and the ironing board,etc. Next you move down the way to another doorway. In this room is a bunk bed with Classic Mickey bedding. Also in this room is a simple desk and chair. No dresser or closet for putting clothing away (my only compliant!) exists in this room. Finally, you continue down a bit of a hallway, at the end of which is another closet and turn into a doorway to find a day bed with "Mickey Parts" bedding. In this room is a small 3-drawer dresser on top of which sits a TV.

The entire location is plush with greenery and while you are next to a main road, across from California Screaming and near the Convention Center, you don't feel like it once you pass inside the archways to the hotel propery. The pool/spa area was nice and the towels provided were large and fluffy.

We did not eat on property during this trip, but did smell some very yummy breakfast smells in the mornings.

Hotel services were outstanding. On our last day I needed to print out our boarding passes but we were in a hurry. The desk attendant said I could go to the concierge desk to have that done (hi Browncoat!) but there were others waiting so I was willing to pay the $7 to use the business center to do it myself. Instead, she gave me a key to the business center and I was able to quickly take care of things. Also, upon our check out, they brought my hubby back to the room in a golf cart and loaded up our luggage for holding it for the day. When he got back to the hotel to get it out so we could make the Disneyland Resort Express shuttle bus back to LAX, they loaded it on a cart and took it out to the bus stop for him.

PROS: Amazing customer service, huge room, comfortable grounds, super cheap rate via the MC discount that is expiring soon
    CONS: No place to unpack except in the 3 drawer dresser in the back bedroom. It was enough to allow me to unpack the kids clothes and nothing else. The only drawers in the main room are small drawers along the side of the opening for the refrigerator under the TV. We used them for underwear and socks and used the two chairs in the room to unpack everything else that wasn't hung up. Frustrating for me anyway.

Edit: Twingirlsmom - there are a few different ways to get to the park. You can pay for a daily pass on the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit), you can walk down Katella to Harbor and then north to the entrance on Harbor (about a 1 mile walk if I recall correctly) or you can walk across Katella and up Disneyland Drive to the Grand Californian and cut through and be in Downtown Disney. If it is after 12 noon, you can even cut thru the Grand Cal right into DCA. One other option we did use a few times was to cross the street from the Grand Cal to Paradise Pier and head into Downtown Disney from that side. Advantage? Monorail is right there. Enjoy your stay!
    Last edited by tinkermonkey; 11-02-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: saw twingirlsmom question and thought to answer it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)