Last minite trip plans

Well my wife and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and she wants to return to Disneyland. Our last trip was in February and it was cold wet and the kids were miserable. SHE DOESNT WANT TO BRING THE KIDS THIS TIME.

We would be going over the veterans day weekend from Friday until Tuesday. We don't need to stay close and wouldn't mind staying a few miles away as we may get a better room for a better price. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Last minite trip plans

You should look into the Anabella hotel, I understand they've given very good rates to MiceChatters before, and they're pretty close to DL.

And happy anniversary!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

Well, I would either go to a nicer place near the beach or stay in the resort dist, you can probably find a pretty good price and not have to drive. To me it's not worth the amount you'd save to stay outside of the resort district.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Embrace the kitsch!

Arrow Re: Last minute trip plans

The thing is, even if you get a cheaper room out of the resort district, you'll spend the difference on gas there and back, as well as parking. Don't forget: it costs $12 just to park at DL!
    I can recommend the Candy Cane Inn. It's in the $120+ range, but it's the best value for the money. Well appointed rooms, big breakfast selection, dedicated shuttle.
    If that's out of your budget, there are three or four Best Westerns in the immediate area.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Lookingglassland Resident

my fave rave is the candy cane inn. it is right "next to" the park, so is easy walking distance. it is ALWAYS tidy, and they offer discounts for AAA and so forth. last time i was there, they gave me a discount coupon for my next visit and the coupon can be combined with AAA discount.

hope you have fun. happy anniversary.

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

The Tropicana isnt bad at all, its right across the street from Disneyland

and they lived happily ever after

• no flash photography...

I like to use priceline.