Thread: Holiday Inn?

Holiday Inn?

Hey all-
    I got what I hope is a fantastic deal through Hotwire for the Holiday Inn over near the Mickey and friends parking structure on thanksgiving weekend. Hotwire just informed me that it was undergoing construction but couldn't comment further.

Does anyone have an recent experience with this hotel?

• Sock Puppet

Re: Holiday Inn?

We stayed there last January during the NAMM convention. We got it through PriceLine for $68/night (last minute trip).

Older place and styling, (kind of a western theme) but our room was VERY clean and comfortable.

Go to the H-I web site and sign up for their Priority Club. It will get you benny's when you check in.

Even though we had never stayed there before, and were PriceLine "customers", they offered to sign us up for it right then and there. It's free. They comped us breakfast in their on-site restaurant (yummy!) and didn't charge us for a roll-away bed. No charge for parking, either.

Enjoy!

Just be careful with Hotwire...we booked a room in San Francisco for October, and thought we were SOOO clever only paying (just under) $300 for 6 nights at a Best Western right near Fisherman's Wharf. What we got was a room in the adjacent building (meaning no pool access), on the ground floor, actually BELOW the sidewalk that was less than 3 feet from our window. We didn't sleep the entire time we were there, it was so noisy! And we were right next to a boiler room or something that rattled and hummed constantly. So, just be warned...a fantastic deal may mean a craptastic room.

• Sock Puppet

Yep, sometimes you get what you pay for...

All those places (Priceline, Hotwire, etc..) are a roll of the dice.

Buyer beware!

We actually had a great experience with this one and have added this place to our hotel possibilities. And for a first time booking through hotwire I was pleased. Though apparently it doesnt qualify for earning me points from HI. But the rate was fantastic for thanksgiving weekend.

Aside from the fact that the main lobby was under construction we didnt experience any issues. We did have to check in at a temporary trailer in the parking lot. No big deal for me. We got a first floor room next to the building entrance but to our surprise it was quiet the entire time.

A nice touch was the complementary breakfast. As the lobby and restaurant were under construction they set up a big party tent in the parking lot and set up tables with linen. It worked out quite well.

We did hear a bit of noise from the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure but since its right next door I can accept some noise. The walk to the tram stop at the parking structure wasn't bad either so we didn't opt to pay for the ART trip to the park.
    If you liked the above posting then my name is Joel. If you didnt my name is Julie and I work on the monorail.