• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Eden Roc "Suites and Inn" ?

Eden Roc Inn & Suites

I can't find this budget hotel discussed on MC. It's mentioned around the Interwebs a few times, but with very polar reactions to it.

I know it's inexpensive, so not expecting much. But there's some people who have reviewed it saying that it's run down, broken, roachy, with uncomfortable beds and smelly; while others review it saying that it's no frills but clean and comfortable.

I guess it all depends on the individual. Anyone had any personal experience with it recently? If so, what is your opinion?

Secondly, are there any other places you'd recommend with in walking distance from the Park, that are cheap but cheerful (all I need is a comfortable night's sleep, a bathroom that works, and a relatively clean room). I'm planning to stay near the Park for two weeks late next year, but a AP and go bananas until I get the Disneyland itch out of my system. And since I'm already spending around US$2000 on airfares to get over the pond I need to be a little budget minded when I get to Anaheim.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Eden Roc "Suites and Inn" ?

I only "almost" stayed at the Eden Roc some years ago, before it was the Eden Roc. Thankfully, they were having some serious plumbing issues, and sent us to another model a few blocks away. I say fortunately because when I pulled into the place, I was not at all impressed by what I saw from the outside...and this coming from someone who is a Motel 6 kinda person and doesn't require much more than a bed and bathroom in a motel.

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice. You can generally get it for under $90 a night (depending on time of year). Its nothing fancy, its pretty basic. Its one of the older hotels in the area, but the two times I stayed there the rooms were clean and comfortable. You can tell its an older place, but the rooms are pretty...well... roomy. Both rooms I stayed in had a fridge, but only one had a microwave. I'm sure if I had asked they would of brought me one, but at that time I didn't need it.

Their website:Anaheim Plaza Hotel -- Welcome

I've also stayed at the Park Vue once. Again, its a pretty basic place, but when I stayed there the room was very clean and had pretty much anything I needed... including a microwave. They do have a basic but nice Continental breakfast, and you can't get much closer on Harbor. Only thing is, the last few times I've checked their rooms are now running over $100 a night, but you might get lucky and catch a deal.

Across Street from Disneyland Resort - Harbor Blvd Anaheim Hotel

And here's a thread that has a list of pretty much all the motels within walking distance and links to their websites.

Hotels in walking distance of DLR

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Look under Parkside Inn. It started out as the Eden Roc when it was first built, became the Parkside, and has now gone back to the original name. Most of the reviews I've seen are not very complimentary.

Try the Fantasy Inn: www.anaheimfantasyinn.com

As you say, no frills, but clean and comfortable.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Thanks Penguinsoda, I'll check those out. I've since found more reviews of the Roc, and it appears that what the Roc is cookin' ain't good. Definately upping my budget a smidge and going for a better, but still spartan hotel.

Thanks also to you Broadway Guru. But I have a question, if it's a no frills inn, what's their fantasy?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    But I have a question, if it's a no frills inn, what's their fantasy?
    I wish I knew. I liked this place more when it was still the Samoa Motel.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Try the Motel 6 on Disney way, we stay there everytime and never had any problems, I just booked our room for this summer for 65$ it has a pool and hot tub and coin laundry and is on the ART.
    "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh and almost forgot... this is a good site showing exactly where the different motels are in relation to the park. Many of them have links to their websites.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

I'd stay in my car before staying in Eden Roc. Its a dump.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Stay away from Eden Roc. My cousin stayed there in June, it's a dump and a half.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ