Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Wishing upon a star....

Re: what is the best disneyland area hotel?

I have stayed at (as far as hotels really close to the park)
    The Marriott Suites: nice
    Fairfield Inn by Marriott: ok hotel for a limited service but wins me over because you can walk to the park
    Courtyard by Marriott: nice
    Residence Inn by Marriott: love the complimentary breakfast and they have great kid suites with bunk beds.
    Last edited by Gandalf75; 03-27-2009 at 06:14 PM.

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    Jebus! ARE there any perks, this is the correct usage in your sentence, I'm so sorry but for me this detracts from your point, I know you are sincere, but this kind of mistake appears over and over and over and over and, I'm sorry, but it's really bugging me tonight........(sigh)...I'm going to bed now.
    If you do not like to answer my questions or feel helpful in any way, then please do not come into my threads. Really I wanted answers not a lesson Have a wonderful weekend
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    If you do not like to answer my questions or feel helpful in any way, then please do not come into my threads. Really I wanted answers not a lesson Have a wonderful weekend

What exactly do you mean by this: then please do not come into my threads

For future reference, how will one know which are 'your' threads? Since you are not the OP, I would like to know so that I can avoid 'your' threads. Thanks! Have a great weekend!

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskMouse View Post
    What exactly do you mean by this: then please do not come into my threads

For future reference, how will one know which are 'your' threads? Since you are not the OP, I would like to know so that I can avoid 'your' threads. Thanks! Have a great weekend!
    Sorry I was in a bad mood, but to your point you must have read my mind because thats what I intend to do.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Ayres hotel anaheim,
    You can take the Art to the park if you wanted to,
    but it's only a 10-15 minute drive depending on the time.

The hotel is affordable, almost half the price of Disneyland Hotel, and has the best reviews on TripAdvisor.com for hotels in anaheim.

Quality, comfort, affordability, fairly close proximity, can't be beat.
    I know (think?) that you're intending to visit more than just the park while you're staying in Anaheim, so driving will be a necessary thing for most of your destinations... BUT...

Being a drive away from the Park can actually take a huge chunk of time out of your days. Not only do you need to drive to and from your hotel (30mins round trip) you need to find and pay for a park there (possibly another 15mins in and out) and then walk from the car park (depending on how far away you get a park) to the tram and wait for that, or walk from your car to the entrance and back (possibly another 20mis?).

That all adds up to around an hour of your day 'wasted'.

I think a hotel a short walk from the Park is a better choice under those circumstances -- but no doubt Ayres Hotel is one of the best in the area if you don't mind the drive.

There's a number of good places recommended by folks on here right across from the Park. I'm also considering the Menage, it seems like a nicer quality of furnishings than your average hotel, and has a bit of a resort feel. It's about 15mins walk down Harbor.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

In 35 more sleeps I am staying at the Hojo. Micechat rate of $67 a night, and a supposed less than 10 minute walk to DL......and it has great reviews.

It will be my first time staying there, or at any DL area hotel

I am actually really excited about staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine30 View Post
    In 35 more sleeps I am staying at the Hojo. Micechat rate of $67 a night, and a supposed less than 10 minute walk to DL......and it has great reviews.

It will be my first time staying there, or at any DL area hotel

I am actually really excited about staying there.

You will love the HoJo and it is a very quick, enjoyable walk across to the park.
    Have fun! We'll be there the week after. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by SaskMouse View Post
    You will love the HoJo and it is a very quick, enjoyable walk across to the park.
    Have fun! We'll be there the week after. YAY!

I am pretty thrilled to have found it, I am almost as excited about the hotel as I am DL!!

We are on a really tight budget and we were originally booked into the Super 8 on DL Drive, for $58 a night. Once I found the HoJo for an extra $9 a night, with all the good reviews it has, the proximity AND free parking, I thought we couldn't NOT switch to it

If i'm paying, I stay at the Tropicana or Ramada. Walk to the park is easy breezy and I crash faster than staying at a far away place and walking more. I'm staying at the DL hotel for the first time in May because someone else is paying. Thats the perk. Get someone else to pay lol

PS I just don't care to spend a lot of time in the hotel. I only sleep, shower, and move on. Spend about 8-9 hours max if that each night.
    Shopping:

1. www.disneystore.com
    2. http://www.mouseshoppe.com
    3. http://www.laughingplacestore.com
    4. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]

Want to learn how to live more healthy? www.losenowandkeepitoff.com for more info ([email protected])

Here's a map and info I scanned from the AAA Vacations booklet:

Last edited by rooby; 04-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    Shopping:

1. www.disneystore.com
    2. http://www.mouseshoppe.com
    3. http://www.laughingplacestore.com
    4. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]

Want to learn how to live more healthy? www.losenowandkeepitoff.com for more info ([email protected])

Well, I only stayed at one hotel in the area recently, but it's a good one. I stayed at the Hilton Anaheim. They recently renovated the place, and the rooms were very nice. I scored a deal too- only $47 for a Saturday night in mid-March. They didn't have a fridge (boo), but the place was very nice. Room service wasn't too expensive either! I ordered a kids meal cheeseburger and fries for about $7, but additional costs like $2 for room service, 18% gratuity built-in, etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to go again. However, parking was $15 which was expensive. If I go there again, I would rather leave my car at the hotel then take their bus over to Disneyland...that way I could have saved more money by not paying to park at DL during the day and the hotel later at night.

For special occasions we stay at GCH. I LOVE IT and will be there three weeks from today!!! 21st Anniversary and sons 12th Bday!!!! But it is pricey and there are times I would rather save a few bucks...so we have stayed at the Fairfield Inn. I really like it and the proximity to the park is a big plus. I always make sure to get a resort view room so I can watch the fireworks at night...in case I am too tired to stay in the park. I will be back at DL for the Half Marathon Weekend and am seriously considering HOJO for that visit. Tell me...is the walk about the same as that from the Fairfield? Maybe I will check it out when I am down there later this month.
    Deedlebug

The Anaheim area boasts dozens of Disneyland hotels, so many that it's hard for the average visitor to choose a place that meets their needs.

I just came back from Disney and stayed at the Marriot Convention Centre. It was great !

I'm staying at the HOJO in october this year....I have it booked from the 20th to the 28th....I did not get the entertainment rate when I booked(got military rate) I wonder if I can change it now?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast