Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: what is the best disneyland area hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
    I'm staying at the HOJO in October this year....I have it booked from the 20th to the 28th....I did not get the entertainment rate when I booked(got military rate) I wonder if I can change it now?
    Yes, it is available on most of your dates...

HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

Call and ask for "In-House" reservations at 714-776-6120.

They should be able to switch most of your dates to the Entertainment Rate, and then leave the other dates under the Military Rate. though you might want to ask about the MiceChat and if applicable, the Disneyland Annual Passport Rates, as they might be a better deal.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Just got back from 5 nights at HOJO. It was truly wonderful there. We had a room facing the park in the large tower on the 7th floor. The only 'issue' was with regards to the hot tub. It would be nice to have a hot tub at the other pool, away from the children's area. As a group of adults, we would have appreciated being in an area where we could relax without getting jumped on and splashed by children not being adequately supervised.
    The childrens water park is wonderful if you have children, but if you don't, be prepared that this is just one more area where a lot of parents will just allow their children to misbehave without intervention or discipline. After a day at the park being subjected to whiny, unruly, undisciplined children, it would have been nice to be able to relax away from that. And yes, there were lots of well-behaved children as well, but they aren't the ones from which we needed to escape!!

• Laughing Place Finder

I've stayed at the Grand Californian for two trips, the Disneyland Hotel for a dozen trips and the Hilton Convention Center once.

Asking "What's the best hotel" is kind of like asking "What's the best car?" It depends on what factors are important to you: price, value, theming, dining, pools, park proximity as well as the kids "Disney Magic" factor.

My favorite on property hotel is the Disneyland Hotel. The theming there is great. it's not subdued and semi-invisible like at the Grand Californian and it's not loud and plastic like I've heard Paradise Pier is.

The Neverland Pool and Skull Rock waterslide at the Disneyland Hotel is so full of Disney Magic that I'm sure it's the reason my daughter usually wants to stay there more than any other hotel. The lobby, gift shops and old pictures of Walt really make you feel like you are part of a Disney original. The grounds there have some wonderful hidden treasures that are often overlooked like the koi ponds and waterfalls.

There's also something special about Goofy's Kitchen even if you don't dine there you can often get some surprise character interactions with characters as they are coming or going from the restaurant. It's also not a bad place to run into celebrities. We once met Stevie Wonder there.

If kids aren't involved or price is the primary factor or staying on property isn't important then I'd book the Hilton. It's right across the street from the California Screamin coaster, the rooms are very nice, the beds are like sleeping on a cloud and the facilities are very very nice.

We often get our first or last night there through Hotwire for less than $75 per night to give us a travel buffer and make our journey less hectic. The only negative part of the Hilton is the $10 or $12 per day parking garage fee.

I hope that helps. We happen to be staying at Grand Californian at the end of the summer because my daughter can't remember the last time we stayed there and wants to go to "The Fancy Hotel" but I'm sure our next trip we'll stay at the Disneyland Hotel again.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234