Thread: Park Vue Inn?

• My cuties!

Park Vue Inn?

Has anyone stayed here?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Park Vue Inn?

I stayed there last year for the anniversary. Here's the review I wrote on Trip Advisor:

Jan 31, 2008
    4/4 found this review helpful
    I go to Disneyland several times a year, and this was my first time staying at the Park Vue. My lodging needs are pretty basic, since I don't spend that much time in the room, so I'm not one to need a lot of amenities.

I arrived at the motel just before 6:30 AM (event in the park), and knew it was too early to "officially" check in, but the early morning staff was very friendly and after checking my reservation gave me my parking pass for my car.

When I did check into my room later that afternoon, I found a room that was clean and well stocked with towels, a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. In the closet was a safe, iron and ironing board. The beds were pillow top mattresses and were very comfortable. I did find it a bit strange that the towel rack was actually in the shower.

The continental breakfast consisted of the standard coffee, donuts and fruit but also had cold cereals, juice, yogurt, toaster waffles and breads. The breakfast room was very clean and there was a staff person there constantly refilling the food and keeping it clean. There was even a very nice outdoor eating area, although since it was raining when I was there I wasn't able to enjoy that part.

I only had a couple of issues, one is a problem I have with every place I stay. Never enough ice machines. There was only one ice machine, located near the front of the motel (I was in a far back room) and the ice machine only took tokens or quarters. The other was at 6 AM the next morning in the room next door to me they turned on the tv and I could hear the children running around the room. I know the motel can't control that but it seems the walls were a bit thin if I could hear everything next door. Also in front of this motel you will find sales people trying to sell time shares or something, which was annoying but I cut through the IHOP parking lot to avoid them.

Overall for the price I found it a very good deal, and you can't beat a 10 minute walk back from the park after spending almost 16 hours in Disneyland. I would certainly consider staying here again on my next visit.
    Its actually a pretty basic motel, and not worth what they are currently charging for the rooms ($90-$120/night for a basic room). I got lucky last year and got the room for $79, but haven't seen it listed anywhere for that low since.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I agree with penguinsoda. We stayed there in April last year. After reading Tripadvisor we booled online directly with the hotel -they had all our requests -top floor, and non-smoking. Good , clean basic hotel, and the closest to the crosswalk. I loved the location.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• My cuties!

Thank you so much! We are planning our trip for October for my parents' 50th anniversary and this hotel is one we are considering.