• Sock Puppet

Anaheim Marriott or Anaheim Hilton?

Which hotel is better Anaheim Marriott or Anaheim Hilton?

• Sock Puppet

Re: Anaheim Marriott or Anaheim Hilton?

Better for what???

Rate? Size of room? Cleanliness? Access to/from the Park? Room service? Pool?

We've stayed at both numerous times, and belong to their rewards programs.

We prefer the Marriott, but if the rate happens to be less at the Hilton for a particular stay, we'll stay there.

Though the Marriott dropped a few notches when they did away with their own Trolley's to the Park and signed up with the FART system...

If you stay at the Hilton, just make sure that Tony Robbins isn't holding one of his firewalk seminars during your stay. It's a zoo!!!

Oh yeah, BOTH places deal with Priceline, so you might have a good chance at getting their rooms cheap. Our previous deals have been as low as $42/night and have been pretty regular at $50/night.

They both charge for parking, but if you are a member, they will usually waive the charge for you (if you ask).

There are better places other than these two, but you only asked about them, so my response is only about them.

Enjoy!

I've stayed at both and prefer the Hilton to the Marriott. I'd stay at the Hilton more often, but the charge for parking is too much for me.

• no flash photography...

I liked the marriott better than the hilton, but I haven't stayed in either on recently.

• Banned User

I stayed at Marriott Suites in December. Is that which you are speaking of? There are a lot of Marriott's in that area.

If it's suites, I recommend it over the Hilton.

• Monorail Junkie

I would stay at one of the many Marriott properties, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, Marriott Suites, Town Place Suites. They are all great places to stay, just depends on the level of service you are looking for.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

I've never stayed at the Marriott, but just returned from my second stay at the Anaheim Hilton. The renovation project that started in 2007 is complete and the refurbished rooms are nice. My previous stay was pre-renovation and the difference is significant. I may be crazy, but I think I stared at the new Kohler bathroom fixtures for several minutes before daring to touch the faucet. I now have bathroom fixture envy. LOL!

Some of the public spaces have also been renovated, including the main lobby and the Starbucks. However, the daily parking fee is also higher: now $15/day.

Both of my stays were via Priceline bids ($47/night and $48/night), so even with the parking fee, the room was a great bargain.