Hotel Choices...again!

I have spent many hours reading all the posts on several forums about the differences between these two hotels but still can't make up my mind. We will be traveling to Disneyland for 5 days (Jan 31-Feb3). We are booked at the HOJO for those nights at the entertainment card rate (Wow!). We have stayed in the past at the Park Place Inn and Suites(nice location), the Candy Cane Inn (which I loved), and we also stayed at the Grand Californian as a special treat one year....I was not as impressed as I had hoped. The beds at the GCH were not comfortable for me and the room was a bit snug for our family of 5..don't get me wrong though it is a gorgeus hotel and we were able to be Family of the Day which was a blast. With that family of the day prize we had access ONE night to the concierge room which was a lot of fun. Okay, so my dilemma is that I got an email offer for Disneyland hotels that offers rooms at the PP for $149, DH for $169 and the GCH for $229. We can actually upgrade the PP to concierge for an extra $50/night. What I really would like to do is stay two nights at the HOJO and the last two nights at PP or the Disneyland hotel. I won't be paying the concierge price at the Disney Hotel because it was an extra $140 a night but I would definitely pay it at the Paradise Pier. Has anyone stayed recently at either of these two? Did you use the concierge services at the Paradise Pier? How did that work out for you? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Hotel Choices...again!

I stayed at PP in August and again in October. In August it was a quick overnight trip. We didn't have any big issues, but when my son opened the sofabed there was a really bad musty odor. Really strong.

In October we had a ton of issues with check in, our room and our keys. We had to have the keys re-swiped constantly and the cm's at the front desk always seem put out by having to re-swipe them. We had a conceirge level room that trip and the cms in the club room were great, they were defintely a bright spot for that stay.

Both rooms that we stayed in defintely needed an overhaul.

All of my recent stays at DLH have been problem free.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• 'splosions

Dont forget that the Anabella Hotel offers a special MICECHAT rate thats only available when you call directly at 1-800-863-4888 and ask for it.

(posting from makes me sound like such a shill, lol)
    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thats right Browncoat, the Anabella and its sister hotel the Carousel both have special rates right?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Thats right Browncoat, the Anabella and its sister hotel the Carousel both have special rates right?
    Correct Pengy! The MICECHAT rate is good through all of 1009 (barring unavilability and such)
    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mjjpower View Post
    Has anyone stayed recently at either of these two? Did you use the concierge services at the Paradise Pier? How did that work out for you? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

We just stayed three nights at the GCH for NYE. Awesome!

We stayed at the DLH for Thanksgiving week and had a blast! Lots of fun! And you can't beat their T-Day Buffet!

We stayed at the PPH in Sept with a view of DCA on the 14th floor with the concierge. The CM's in the concierge (Beach Comber Club) were awesome! Soda's, water, hot chocolate, etc... always available as well as great snacks and essentially full breakfasts and lunches. Well worth the upgrade charge.

It's hard to go wrong with staying on-site!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And what is the micechat rate???? My mom and I might plan a trip for march and are looking for a hotel.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

if you Stay at PP Jan 31 - Feb 2 we find out togeter.
    I will stay at PP and have concierge services.
    this is done by DVC
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Can't go wrong with that PP rate! Upgrade to concierge and you're likely to get one of the recently remodeled rooms. The PP lounge's hours are abbreviated when compared to GCH and DLH, but still well worth the price of admission.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Sad Re: Hotel Choices...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    Dont forget that the Anabella Hotel offers a special MICECHAT rate thats only available when you call directly at 1-800-863-4888 and ask for it.

(posting from makes me sound like such a shill, lol)

I called the Anabella hotel to make reservations and the said that they are no longer offering the Mice Chat rate. Man was I bummed!

FYI - I also was told when I called the Carousel that they no longer give the MiceAge discount either.