• *** - OK

3 20.00%
  • ** - Some Issues

1 6.67%
  • * - Not a Good Experience

0 0%

Thread: Fairfield Inn

Question Fairfield Inn

Hey guys, Missymouse here. I am SUPER excited. We are planning my very first Disneyland adventure. I have been to Disney World countless times. Now it is time for me to check out the original.

We are thinking of staying at the Fairfield Inn. I have searched various threads. Most seem very pleased with this hotel.

Has anyone visited recently? How is the parking? The rooms? Staff? Location? What resturants are near by? etc.

Can't wait to hear from you!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Fairfield Inn

On my trips, I always stay there...was just there two days ago, actually, and is good like always. Decent sized rooms, clean, and close to the park...prices are usually pretty good in the off season, and there's a decent restaurant in the parking lot that's open till midnight. It's a pretty good choice overall.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

My husband & I stayed there in July, 2008. It was alright, the beds were comfy, the coffee maker looked really cheezy, we heard a 6 year old bratty kid next door screaming, demanding her parents to take her swimming, at 6:00am. Other than that, it was a pretty short walk to Disneyland. It's a okay hotel, and others might have more favorable opinions than ours. We're planning another trip this year, but I'm not sure if we would stay there again.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by katy621 View Post
    we heard a 6 year old bratty kid next door screaming, demanding her parents to take her swimming, at 6:00am..
    I'm pretty sure that's a option with any of the local area to Disneyland hotels and not exclusive to Fairfield...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Of course that's to be expected anywhere in Disneyland, I was just stating my experience there at that Hotel.

• Disneymom

I've never stayed there. We are going next week., we are staying at the Super8 on Ball Rd. We have stayed there for a few years and have always enjoyed it. They have a free breakfast and there is a frig and microwave in the room. We always take snacks and stuff too. We are going for the first time without kids. So excited.

Have a great time without the munchkins....should be a blast! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

We stayed there last week. The rooms are smaller than most Marriott rooms but they were very clean and the beds were very comfy. Staff was very friendly and the walk to the park was maybe 5 min. I didn't go in the pool but DH and the kids did.

I didn't hear much noise from other rooms, even ones above us. We were on the 6th floor and had a park view.

There was plenty of parking. There is a McDonalds right out front but I didn't eat there. DH & our son did and they weren't impressed. Next door is Mimi's. We love it for breakfast and dinner! Big portions and reasonably priced. There is also a Millie's in the parking lot but we didn't try it.

If you aren't a Marriott rewards member I'd be sure to sign up, it's free! They also have an AAA rate, we got it for about 98.00/night.

Another bonus that sealed it for us is the chair in the room turns into a bed. My 12yr old daughter slept on it. It was too small for my 15 yr old son.

There is also a Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor.

Bottom line, I'd stay there again and easily recommend it to my friends.

I come to Anaheim every July from Australia for my Disneyland fix. I always stay at the Fairfield. The rooms are are a good size, clean with hairdryer, coffee maker, fridge, tv. Front desk staff have always been helpful. Out front is Millies which is a great place to eat, good prices and big serves. Very easy walk to the Park, I would recommend it. I will be back again in July 09 and that's where I'll be.

• It's all about Theme!

I like this hotel. IMO, it goes above some of the others on this section of Harbor. The only one I really like over it is the Park Vue Inn.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Minion

We have stayed everywhere on the 1600 block of South Harbor.
    Fairfield Inn get our vote over everything other than a Disney property, that is within close walking distance to the gate.
    The comfortable beds alone...plus good linens, plenty of space, and clean.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

I stayed here in November, and must say I preferred it over the Paradise Pier!!