• Honorary Mermaid.

A few questions.

Iím sorry if this has been asked before, but my friends and I are planning a trip to the park soon, and I somehow got appointed the official trip planner. SO, Iím trying to find a hotel room that holds at least 8 people.

Also, I canít remember if the usual check in age for hotels is 21 or 25. Either way, do you know any hotels that allow you to be 18 or older (pretty much 19 or 20) to check in?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank yoooou :]

• Sock Puppet

Re: A few questions.

The Residence Inn on Harbor in Garden Grove has accomodations for up to 6. It's a 5 minute drive to the Park. They have free parking, free hot breakfasts (not just stale pastry's like other places), an awesome BBQ area by the pool and great service!

I don't know of too many other places in the area that will let you even book a room for more than 5 people. Fire Marchall rules are usually quoted...

Lots of places have adjoining rooms. But you will be paying for two rooms.

I'd suggest you spend some time on the phone actually calling places. Lots of web sites won't let you book a room for more than 4 people, but if you talk to someone there, you might be helped.

But 8 in one room??? Good luck!

BTW- One of my BIL's has slept up to 11 in one room before, but that was not within the guidelines of the hotel. Physically, it was possible (not for me!) but it was not very safe! I don't recommend it either...

As far as the check-in age goes, I'm sure that some of the older places on Harbor don't worry too much about their clients' age, just their ability to pay for the room. Some are down-right scary!

I'd suggest just asking the places that you call for the room capacity.

Have fun!

I've stayed in that Marriott Residence Inn in Garden Grove and they have 2 bedroom suites. If you use the pullout sofabed in the living area, then you would have sleeping arrangements for 8.

There are a number of hotels in the area that have suites, however, you usually don't find them listed on the online booking engines. You have to find a hotel and then call.

However, in my experience, this is not always the cheapest way to accomodate a larger party. Often, it is much cheaper to just get two rooms.

• Minion

Try Desert Inn and Suites. They have a suite for up to 10 (includes 2 baths.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Honorary Mermaid.

Thank you guys for the help!
    And I'll definitely be looking into the Desert Inn & Suites.
    Two baths?! Ahh, that's perfect for a trip with 7 girls, haha.

• Hi

[quote=LovelyLocks;3385578]Iím sorry if this has been asked before, but my friends and I are planning a trip to the park soon, and I somehow got appointed the official trip planner.

I to am in the same boat, I only have 3 people going with me though. I was searching threads for an awnser and couldn't find anything. W currantly have reservations at the Del Sol Inn, which I pick solely for its location, but I have found a better rate at howard Johnson.

I know most all of you stayed there last weekend for the Anniv. Could you help me out with walking distances, is it to far to walk with a 6 year old? how are the shuttle schedules and stuff? Thanks for any help.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TLW4122 View Post
    We currantly have reservations at the Del Sol Inn, which I pick solely for its location, but I have found a better rate at howard Johnson.

I know most all of you stayed there last weekend for the Anniv. Could you help me out with walking distances, is it to far to walk with a 6 year old? how are the shuttle schedules and stuff? Thanks for any help.
    I had friends stay at the Del Sol once. It is pretty run down. It is a closer walk but the HoJo's is about 8 minutes not rushing walk. Plus they have a great outdoor kid pool play area that your 6 yo will love. Since you walk by McDonalds on the way back to and from the Hojo's you can also pick up a cheap meal for the kid.

They are on the ART system (shuttle to and from the park) but someone else will have to help you out with that info.

• Hi

Thanks Pratt55.

I'm new on the site as you can see, but I'm addicted already.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Last weekend I stayed at the Quality Inn across from HoJo's, but used the ART bus to get back and forth. As pratt said, its not a bad walk, but I'm old and slow and it took me longer (about 20 minutes from hotel room to park gate). The ART busses are $4 per day, or you can get a 3 day pass for $10 per person. For me even thought it wasn't a long walk, it was worth it at night after an entire day to be able to ride to HoJo's and just have to walk across the street to get to my motel. But Harbor/Manchester is extremely well lit at night, in case you do want to just walk both ways.

The ART stop at HoJo's is the last stop coming from the park, or the first stop going to. But if you wanted to go to different places, you can use your ART pass on any of the busses, you just need to get on at one of the transfer stops, one of which is at the park. The busses run about every 20 minutes, taking a break mid day for lunch.

Here is the website for ART should you decide to go with a bus pass.

Anaheim Resort Transit

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.