Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Sorry Roxy There might be a convention or a cheerleading group at that time. I think the AP discount is 10% They also offer a MiceChat rate. The walk s maybe 10 minutes, door to bag check tents, maybe less. Oh and you can book the AP rate if you don't have an AP yet... you have to show it at check in, not when you resrve
    Thanks. According to the HoJo website, Micechatters get 15% off and AP's get 20% off. But even when I entered the AP code on their website, one night would cost over $100! I just cannot justify that price, especially since I'll be there for 2-3 nights. Oh well. I just need to figure out the ART system now that I got the Doubletree via Priceline.

• Im the fun mommy :)

I tried booking to, the price went to 149.00 so thats out of the question for us to. I wanted to stay here, but we did get the fairfield inn and its got some pretty awesome ratings to and we got that and park tickets for the same price as the howard johnson with out tickets would be. they have free internet access and if you stay there I was told kids eat for 99cents at milli's
    I hope to stay at the hojo some day !
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    I tried booking to, the price went to 149.00 so thats out of the question for us to. I wanted to stay here, but we did get the fairfield inn and its got some pretty awesome ratings to and we got that and park tickets for the same price as the howard johnson with out tickets would be. they have free internet access and if you stay there I was told kids eat for 99cents at milli's
    I hope to stay at the hojo some day !
    Just in case you have the wrong impression the rule is something like; each child eats at 99cents only on kid's menu items, with each full paying adult, or something like that. Check the fine print, it's different sometimes for each promo. Last month's promo was;

Children 10 years of age and under receive one kids meal for .99 cents with the purchase of one adult entrée at full price at Millie's Restaurant. Valid for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    Not sure how that works. Does it mean that the adult must buy an entrée and a main for the kid to receive a kid's menu item at 99cents?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

The entertainment book rate is the way to go with this hotel, you can look to see if your dates are available here:

HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

We paid $59 for a deluxe 2 queens, our room had a balcony with a great view, a safe, microwave and fridge and I should mention by the way building 2 is considered the quiet building, you ask for a pool facing view. I acquired our rate a year in advance so it should have been $69 the rate went up this year. If you do find your dates are available then call the hotel directly and ask for in house reservations-- the website has been having issues lately. The rooms are huge and the staff exemplary.

Bobby. RIP '95-2008

Quote Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
    The entertainment book rate is the way to go with this hotel, you can look to see if your dates are available here:

HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

We paid $59 for a deluxe 2 queens, our room had a balcony with a great view, a safe, microwave and fridge and I should mention by the way building 2 is considered the quiet building, you ask for a pool facing view. I acquired our rate a year in advance so it should have been $69 the rate went up this year. If you do find your dates are available then call the hotel directly and ask for in house reservations-- the website has been having issues lately. The rooms are huge and the staff exemplary.
    Awesome! I've never heard of this Entertainment book. The $69 price is still good. I'm paying $50 per night, plus $15 in fee's, and $11/per day for parking at the Doubletree. That adds up to $76 per night! Hmph. I would much rather stay at the HoJo, especially since it's so close.

I wish I didn't already reserve my rooms via Priceline.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Just booked the HOJO for 2 nights on our 10th wedding anniversary. We are loyal Candy Cane Inn guests and I hope that we will enjoy the HOJO. We booked for $79 a night for the deluxe 2 queen pool side view room with our AP discount. I hope all goes well!!!
    Foolish Mortal

Has anyone watched fireworks from the HOJO pool area? Is it a good viewing spot?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMamma View Post
    Has anyone watched fireworks from the HOJO pool area? Is it a good viewing spot?
    OH MY GOSH, it is my FAVORITE viewing spot. Sit in the South East corner of the Jacuzzi and make sure you bring the beverage of your choice. (But make sure it is in a NON-Glass container).

While the sound isn't great, depending on the day, you can usually hear the soundtrack in the "background"

Hot water, Jets, a Beer (OK, my choice of beverage) and Fireworks, a perfect match.

(MY second favorite NON-Disneyland location is the Paradise Pier Hotel and the Pool deck on the third floor. No "water" as the pool is too far away, but Disney does tie into the parks sound system, and you get the soundtrack. No good view of the low level stuff, but great for BIG Stuff.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Dave

Blog Entries

We usually stay at the Tropacana, but we are looking for some thing new. The Trop was right accross the street how far is HOJO in Relation the hotel guy made it sound like it wasn't that far away. Also do they have continetal Breakfast?
    Dave

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    We usually stay at the Tropacana, but we are looking for some thing new. The Trop was right accross the street how far is HOJO in Relation the hotel guy made it sound like it wasn't that far away. Also do they have continetal Breakfast?
    Hojos is about a block or 2 further down Harbor, not far at all. There is no continental breakfast at the Hojos.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Dave

Blog Entries

thanks for the tip. With that said would you recommend it?
    Dave

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    This gives a pretty good idea where it is in relation to other places.

Bret's Disneyland Lodging LinkMap

Or on a google map... HoJo's is circled in red. You can see exactly where it is in relation to the park.

I've never stayed at HoJo's but I've stayed at the Quality Inn across the street from it. Its not a bad walk but if you have small kids or tire easily after hours in the park, there is an ART stop at Hojo's too. (I did use it when I stayed at the Quality Inn... I just walked across the street to get on the ART bus.)

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Well guys thanks for the advise I just booked with them, and thanks mice chat for the discount. When we go I'll let you know what I think.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 06-01-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Just in case you have the wrong impression the rule is something like; each child eats at 99cents only on kid's menu items, with each full paying adult, or something like that. Check the fine print, it's different sometimes for each promo. Last month's promo was;

Not sure how that works. Does it mean that the adult must buy an entrée and a main for the kid to receive a kid's menu item at 99cents?

I'm Australian too, so I know what you are getting at. In the US, they call their main course an entree, and our entree is an appetizer.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

•   

I've stayed at several different hotels near the resort entrance, but never HoJo's. I go to play at the park, so all I ask is that it's clean, comfortable, close walk to park, but ABOVE ALL quiet. Is there a lot of noise from other guests, pool, traffic, glass recycling @ 5am?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast