Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by StormTheCastle View Post
    I've stayed at several different hotels near the resort entrance, but never HoJo's. I go to play at the park, so all I ask is that it's clean, comfortable, close walk to park, but ABOVE ALL quiet. Is there a lot of noise from other guests, pool, traffic, glass recycling @ 5am?
    Noise from guests? I guess that would depend on if noisy guests were staying there during your visit, but when I was there nothing out of the ordinary.

I wasn't near the pool to hear noise from pool, but where there is a pool there will be screaming kids.

I did not hear any traffic noise when I was in my room, but I was not on the freeway side of the building.

glass recycling...ummm...no, not at all.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd also suggest just requesting a quite room. Most hotels will attempt to put you where they think there will be the least noise.

But I have stayed at the HoJo multiple times and have never had anything other than a wonderful experience.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I have a question!!!

We just returned from our trip and stayed 8 nights at the HoJo, it was great

Anyhoo, my mom and I are planning a girls only family trip for the beginning of next May.....a full eleven months away. In just two days we have rounded up 14 aunties, sisters, grandmas and moms, with good friend thrown in the mix. We want to stay a the HoJo, and I would really, really like to block off a book of rooms ASAP. I emailed this morning about 5 rooms with either two double beds or two queen beds, and I haven't heard back yet (I know, I know, it has only been 12 hours ;-) but I am so excited.)

My question is, does anyone know how far in advance they talk reservations??

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine30 View Post

My question is, does anyone know how far in advance they talk reservations??
    I'm sorry I don't have an exact answer, but you can always call them and ask! I would also ask for the MiceChat rate too to save a considerable amount.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

For the rally we stayed in the building that borders the pool (#4) but our room wasn't on the pool side, and it was very quiet. I think it helped that the path it faced wasn't a very busy path.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

They got back to me about an hour ago. Four adjoining deluxe, double queen rooms All in building 2, facing the garden pool.

They are so easy to deal with!!!

• Ready for takeoff

I think a true test of a hotel is how they handle adversity. While I agree that a hotel is good when no problems arise, I also think it is interesting to see how it reacts to issues.

I stayed at the Hojo for the first time with my wife and two boys (ages 9 and 7) last week. While we liked the hotel in general, we ran into a few issues. For one, we had a housekeeping issue to where we found water all over our bathroom floor, which got our suitcase all wet. The trash can was all filled with water, which we thought was odd as well.

Also, one night we returned to the hotel after midnight only to find we could not access our building. We had to walk all the way back to the front of the property to find someone on duty that could help us. It turns out they did not code our room keys properly, so our access had expired. This was not fun to deal with after midnight with two very tired children when all we wanted to do is go to sleep.

There were a few other minor issues, but those were the biggest ones.

When I checked out, I asked to speak to the manager. I talked to Jonathan and expressed why I was not fully satisfied with my stay. To his credit, he listened to my concerns and gave us one night of our stay free. He asked if that would resolve the situation to my satisfaction and I said yes.

I was impressed with the way Jonathan handled the situation and resolved it to my satisfaction.

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

I was looking at the Biddingfortravel website, and they have the Hojo listed as a 2 star hotel or Priceline. I thought that was odd. Anyone ever get a ressie there thru Priceline?

• Just waking up

Hey Dustysage, or anyone of my Micechat buddies, do you know if HOJO accept's Priceline or Hotwire deals?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy505 View Post
    Hey Dustysage, or anyone of my Micechat buddies, do you know if HOJO accept's Priceline or Hotwire deals?
    What do you mean? Does HoJo's participate in offering some rooms on some days to Hotwire and/or Priceline.

Yes, I do know that they do sell some rooms on slow days to the resellers....

But of course, no guarantees when you bid that you will get HoJos....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^

Yeah, out of the dozen or so times that we have used Priceline, we have "won" rooms at the Hyatt, Doubletree, Marriott and the Crown Plaza in the $45 to $60/night range.

But never HoJo's....

• Just waking up

Thank you, Darkbeer, Hojo would be a great place to stay, but I'll try Priceline like always I'm sure trying to get the HOJO would be immpossible during Thanksgiving time. Also a quik question to all my Micechat buddies, what week does Disneyland start setting up for Christmas.

We just came back from our 8 night stay at HOJO's, the staff was wonderfull, beds very comfy and the view from our room was great I had rex=servations for a 3
    2dbl room court yard facing but we were given an up grade to building one disney view my DD loved it. ( I do believe it was due to our video entry in to there contest, in which we were not the winners, but the upgrade certaintley made us feel like a winner.) We plan on staying in the new kids suites next year since HOJO's is now our new home away from home.
    "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.

• Just waking up

I tried to make reservations for 11/21/2009 - 11/28/2009 all booked, I'm suprised for this Hotel beeing as big as it is. Well back to the old plan Priceline again.

• Hukuna Matata!

Great Hotel, Great Staff, And I absolutely love the Hojo webcam. The pool area is also great the Gumball Rally awards party was held there and it was just perfect. Love the Hojo. "Personal Note, at work I usually have the Hojo webcam on at work and keep it closed until I have time to look at it, whats funny is it says on the tab on top of my computer Hojo webcam, I hope they dont think Im looking at dirty websites

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast