Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 110
  1. #46

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    We stayed at the HoJo the last week of May and absolutely loved it. The rooms were clean and roomy. I have 3 kids and the fridge and microwave saved us tons of time and money. The kids loved coming back to the hotel to swim/play on pirate ship and then we'd just eat and rest. The walk was no problem and I'm no athlete. You walk past several other hotels on the way to Disneyland but I'd stay at the Howard Johnson again HANDS DOWN. There are two pools. One for older kids and the other is a huge pirate ship with all kids of bells and whistles. There's also a hot tub at that pool where Mom and Dad can sit and still see kids. We felt like we won the hotel room lottery at $75 a nite. We felt completely safe and secure. Big balcony. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Oh-and you walk past several restaurants on the way from Disneyland so it's easy to pick up lunch or dinner and save. (McDonalds, Quiznos, Mimi's to name a few) ENJOY!!!

  2. #47

    • 47 SMīs in 2 days baby !
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    140

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    just a quick question: is parking / internet free?

    and what about WIFI? Homepage says "wired Internet". But what about my iphone?

    Thanx in A.

    MasterElwood

  3. #48

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Parking and Internet are Free.

    HoJo's rooms are wired Internet (Network Cable). You can buy a portable WiFi unit if it is that important to you. HoJo's Lobby does have WiFi service.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  4. #49

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    exit 474B on I-5
    Posts
    3,212

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Anyone staying at Hojo's might want to consider joining Wyndham Rewards. I've been a member long enough to have earned three free nights and already have enough points for a night at a Tier 1 hotel. You get 10 points per dollar, and it only takes 6000-16000 for a free night. (A free night at Hojoanaheim is 14000 points.)

    There are about 10 brands in Wyndham rewards, including Travelodge, Days Inn, Knights Inn, Ramada, and Super 8, to name a few.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.


  5. #50

    • 47 SMīs in 2 days baby !
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    140

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Parking and Internet are Free.

    HoJo's rooms are wired Internet (Network Cable). You can buy a portable WiFi unit if it is that important to you. HoJo's Lobby does have WiFi service.
    Can't I use a normal router?

    MasterElwood

  6. #51

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,617

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterElwood View Post
    Can't I use a normal router?
    I had my AirPort Express last time I stayed there, and it worked just fine!
    -Monorail Man

  7. #52

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    95

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but if you stay at this hotel, you might want to be careful about which room you get. We stayed last night in building one, room 1719 (premium queen, Disney view) and the freeway noise was horrendous. Also, in our room and the adjoining room where my brother's family stayed, there were two HUGE skylights/windows in the top of the room that could not be covered and we were all woken up BRIGHT and early at 6:30am after staying in the parks until closing (midnight). It appeared like every room on the top floor of every building had the same skylights.

    The hotel itself was nice enough, and the room was very spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. Just that darn skylight and the traffic noise. I would definitely make sure I was in a different building and room if I ever stayed there again.

  8. #53

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    399

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Can anyone chime in on the best rooms/location, etc...?
    I ask because I have reservations next weekend with the same stats as above BLDG 1 Premium/Disney view, and now I am worried...

  9. #54

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    55

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Parking and Internet are Free.

    HoJo's rooms are wired Internet (Network Cable). You can buy a portable WiFi unit if it is that important to you. HoJo's Lobby does have WiFi service.
    Does this mean you have to be sitting right in the lobby? how about as far away as the pool area, or the benches outside the lobby? have you tried it yourself? It would sure be nice if it were wifi right in the rooms... barring that, sitting outside on the benches close to the lobby would be ok too....
    Do you know anything about siging up to the Anaheim wifi network? it says in an OC article, that it would be $21.95 for residents of Anaheim, and visitors could sign up for shorter cheaper packages. Also would anyone know where to do this?

  10. #55

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    95

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    Can anyone chime in on the best rooms/location, etc...?
    I ask because I have reservations next weekend with the same stats as above BLDG 1 Premium/Disney view, and now I am worried...
    Looking at the map , I'd try to be in building 3, 4, or 6. These are more interior and further from the freeway. If you see the little logo with the woman holding the child's hand in the corner of that map I linked, that's right where the freeway runs, directly behind buildings 1 and 2. However, if the Disney view is important, you may be stuck with Building 1.

    You can also see on the map the little arches on the tops of the buildings. Those are the skylights. The only way to get away from those would be to request a room not on the top floor. I can't believe they don't have some way to cover them up and make the room dark if preferred.

  11. #56

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    55

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    I really should have added in my post, we have stayed at Hojo's many many times over the past 18 years (have stayed at other hotels as well including the Disneyland Hotel so have something to compare to) and have always been extremely happy, one visit was less than perfect but through no fault of Hojo's. Anyway, we have stayed in both building 1 and 2. on different floors and areas.... our next trip we will be staying in building 4, that's one of the 2 story buildings in the center of the property. We stayed one time in building one, floor 7 room 5 so.... 1705. We loved the skylights (this was in July too when the sun comes up early) never had one speck of trouble with any noise from the freeway, seriously!! I guess if you're worried about light from the skylight, you can request a room on the 6th floor instead, and if it's a room facing Disneyland you shouldn't have any freeway noise... I just don't see how that would be possible... If you're really worried, just call them now ahead of time and tell them...they'll note it on your reservation and do their very best to make sure it's not a problem for you. They are really really good about trying to make people happy..... I know... I always have so many requests, having stayed there a lot I know what I like and don't like...I'm sure I'm the pickiest customer they've ever had!! and the only time they could not help me out was when the hotel was 100% full and there was simply nothing they could do about moving us....
    Oh and I finally just clued into Whyndam rewards on our last trip there.... earned enough points in that one trip for 1 free night

  12. #57

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    95

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
    We loved the skylights (this was in July too when the sun comes up early) never had one speck of trouble with any noise from the freeway, seriously!! I guess if you're worried about light from the skylight, you can request a room on the 6th floor instead, and if it's a room facing Disneyland you shouldn't have any freeway noise... I just don't see how that would be possible...
    Request room 1719 next time and you'll see! It's at the very end of the hallway nearest the freeway. When I went out on the balcony, the noise was so loud I couldn't hear my husband speaking to me without raising our voices. All I had to do was turn my head to the right and the freeway was literally right there.

    I can see where if you were on the other end of building 1 the freeway noise wouldn't bother you, but trust me. It was LOUD in our room.

  13. #58

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    55

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashbaak View Post
    Request room 1719 next time and you'll see! It's at the very end of the hallway nearest the freeway. When I went out on the balcony, the noise was so loud I couldn't hear my husband speaking to me without raising our voices. All I had to do was turn my head to the right and the freeway was literally right there.

    I can see where if you were on the other end of building 1 the freeway noise wouldn't bother you, but trust me. It was LOUD in our room.
    I do believe you, and I now know that if they try to put me in a room at that end to say no! That's where being a member of a forum like this is so helpful.... we at least will all know where the good rooms are, and are not! lot's of things are subjective, like too much light. But where some noise is to be expected at a hotel, major noise like that is good to know about! Another person complaining about the skylights I had seen was someone with a toddler who needed a nap in the afternoon. But there again, some kids can sleep in the sun, others need the dark. It makes it a lot easier to decided what to ask for when you know all this stuff in advance. So for the noise factor, I would think as far up as 1711 on the Disney facing side would be ok?.... Also, how was it when you were in the room with the door closed? we love to use our balcony when on holiday, so we would not like the noise, but if you didn't use it, as long as the room was quiet it would be ok I guess. Having said that, the one time we did have a problem, was when we were in building 2, on the ground floor, room 2103 I think. it was of course, right on the ground floor, right beside the main walkway going into building 2 and on the way to the pool, so anyone could look right into the room, and it only had a walk out balcony. It sucked!! but, they were 100% full so there was no where to move us. We ended up moving to the DLH. Having said that, we are staying there again in December, but have made some request on our reservation well in advance, so hopefully will get a room we like.

  14. #59

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    We stayed at hojo's twice. The first time we had a nice room...no complaints. The second time they stuck us in the older skylight room. There is no way to cover the skylight and there were cobwebs up around them....we have not been back. At this point I feel staying there is a crap shoot.

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    95

    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
    I do believe you, and I now know that if they try to put me in a room at that end to say no! That's where being a member of a forum like this is so helpful.... we at least will all know where the good rooms are, and are not! lot's of things are subjective, like too much light. But where some noise is to be expected at a hotel, major noise like that is good to know about! Another person complaining about the skylights I had seen was someone with a toddler who needed a nap in the afternoon. But there again, some kids can sleep in the sun, others need the dark. It makes it a lot easier to decided what to ask for when you know all this stuff in advance. So for the noise factor, I would think as far up as 1711 on the Disney facing side would be ok?.... Also, how was it when you were in the room with the door closed? we love to use our balcony when on holiday, so we would not like the noise, but if you didn't use it, as long as the room was quiet it would be ok I guess. Having said that, the one time we did have a problem, was when we were in building 2, on the ground floor, room 2103 I think. it was of course, right on the ground floor, right beside the main walkway going into building 2 and on the way to the pool, so anyone could look right into the room, and it only had a walk out balcony. It sucked!! but, they were 100% full so there was no where to move us. We ended up moving to the DLH. Having said that, we are staying there again in December, but have made some request on our reservation well in advance, so hopefully will get a room we like.
    I'm not sure how far on the Disney side you'd want to go down; 1711 would probably be pretty safe. In our room, it was very noisy inside the room with all the doors shut, and extremely noisy on the balcony- to the point of not even being able to use it.

    The hotel staff is very accommodating with requests, so yes I would encourage people to ask ahead of time and they will try to honor your requests.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Howard Johnson Entertainment Book Rates
    By cticket in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 04:47 PM
  2. Howard Johnson Hotel
    By judimouse in forum So. Cal. Travel Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
  3. Disneyland Should Take A Cue From Howard Johnson (Webcams)
    By Zoe Necrosis in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 04:08 PM
  4. Disney's Paradise Pier vs. Howard Johnson?
    By brettb in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 10:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •