Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbaak View Post
    I'm not sure how far on the Disney side you'd want to go down; 1711 would probably be pretty safe. In our room, it was very noisy inside the room with all the doors shut, and extremely noisy on the balcony- to the point of not even being able to use it.

The hotel staff is very accommodating with requests, so yes I would encourage people to ask ahead of time and they will try to honor your requests.
    Well it helps to know, the room numbering system works like this: 1705 would be building 1, seventh floor, room number 5. the odds are facing toward Disneyland, the evens face toward the freeway. If 5 was really quiet, and 19 was as noisy as it could get, then maybe 11 would be ok? really hard to say for sure though.... even if you go by what someone else is saying, to you it may be worse or better than what they think. I just know I will not stay in 1719! Lol... sorry!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

We stayed on the freeway side on the 4th floor for 5 nights, and the noise didn't really bother us. (Of course, we sleep under a noisy ceiling fan all summer.) When we checked in, they offered a room on a lower floor, if we were willing to wait. They claim the noise is not as bad on the lower floors.

I'm an early riser, so I got to watch the sunrise over the freeway.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5595 miles, 311,000 feet

We stayed in 1711 in May. It was perfect in every way. Absolutely loved the skylight - in fact we requested a top floor room specifically so we would get one. Excellent view of Matterhorn. Used the balcony to relax several times a day. No noise issues. The Wifi from the lobby was accessible from our laptop when we were on balcony and at table near window inside room. Room was spotless.
    Next visit to DL will definitely include staying at Hojo. The Entertainment rate was fabulous, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SaskMouse View Post
    We stayed in 1711 in May. It was perfect in every way. Absolutely loved the skylight - in fact we requested a top floor room specifically so we would get one. Excellent view of Matterhorn. Used the balcony to relax several times a day. No noise issues. The Wifi from the lobby was accessible from our laptop when we were on balcony and at table near window inside room. Room was spotless.
    Next visit to DL will definitely include staying at Hojo. The Entertainment rate was fabulous, too.
    Oh Oh Oh.... good guessing on my part!! my new room to request!....lol... Love that you could get wifi from the balcony!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    We stayed on the freeway side on the 4th floor for 5 nights, and the noise didn't really bother us. (Of course, we sleep under a noisy ceiling fan all summer.) When we checked in, they offered a room on a lower floor, if we were willing to wait. They claim the noise is not as bad on the lower floors.

See now we were thinking this too...hubby loves to catch the sun in the morning, and we get up every morning at 4:45 am so even 6 am is "sleeping in" for us! lol.. The view from that side must be really nice in winter if they get lot's of snow in the Sierras...that would be the view right?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
    See now we were thinking this too...hubby loves to catch the sun in the morning, and we get up every morning at 4:45 am so even 6 am is "sleeping in" for us! lol.. The view from that side must be really nice in winter if they get lot's of snow in the Sierras...that would be the view right?
    Actually the view is the Anaheim Hills. If it's clear, you might see the San Gabriel Mountains in the distance. Some of the peaks get snow. The Sierras end far to the north at Tehachapi Pass, east of Bakersfield.
    Last edited by Trekkie Dad; 11-16-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5595 miles, 311,000 feet

Well judging from all the great reviews on here,I'd have to say I will try this on my next visit.It sounds like a good place to stay and I love to be in walking distance to the DL Resort anyway.

Smile Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post

The Sunrises in Anaheim are beautiful.I have seen one over the I-5 myself.

Well we ended up staying in building 4, second floor (it's a 2 floor building) with the skylights, a lovely balcony that looked out over the water play area. The sun shone in first thing in the morning, and through the whole day, and then beautiful sunset at night, it was beautiful! in the morning we opened our balcony door and sat at the table and chairs in the sun and had our tea and fruit while we listened to the sound of the monorail and train in Disneyland and even some of the music playing which was a great way to start the day! the room was large and very clean and in good repair, the beds were brand spanking new, best we've ever slept on!! the walk was short because we could leave out the end of the building into the parking lot, straight out to the intersection where we crossed to the DL side of Harbor, then walked in through the taxi area and up through the shuttle bus area. Cut probably 5 minutes off the walk through mimis parking lot then up harbor to cross into the main entrance of DL. We will be requesting the same room next time we stay this summer

• Cleared for the option

Great info here. Thanks for the tips and reviews. We will be staying at the HoJo July 28th. I am so excited and can't wait to surprise the kids!

• Cleared for the option

I just checked to see if I could upgrade to a Disneyland View room at HoJo and my agent told me that they are not available. I'm going in July and they are already filled up. I guess you really have to start early.

• Circle of Ancients

Voodoobones, Is it a travel agent that told you that? If so I would attempt to contact the HoJo directly.

Direct: 714.776.6120

• Cleared for the option

Thanks Gregg. Yes, it was a travel agent. I'll give HoJo a direct call.

Jim

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Too bad the rooms don't have DVD players. I was going to bring Song of the South and have a Song of the South party.

• Cleared for the option

Sweet! Thanks Gregg! I just called and they had a Disney View available. I was able to upgrade for $15 a night. I wonder why the travel agent said they weren't available?

Jim

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast