Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

If you are in Building 2, you won't be able to hear it. These rooms are very quiet. So, unless you are hanging-out in Castaway Cove, you can avoid the Ding, Ding, Ding!!

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but if I book through disneyland, could I call the HoJo to get the Micechat discount? Is there any way to go about that?

• Banned User

I am going to take a guess nd say "NO". As far as I know, if you don't request the discount at the time the reservation is made, most likely you will not get it.
    My advise is to do what I have done before: click on the hojo add from here where you will see the promotional discount code and then do the reservation online directly with the hotel, by-passing any 2nd parties such as Disneyland.

The HoJo is a nice hotel for the most part. I just stayed there over the weekend and enjoyed it. The convenience of the location is a great incentive to stay there. However, be advised.. if you request king size beds, they will put you in the tower facing the I-5 freeway. Those rooms are noisy. Also the rooms at the top of the tower have skylight windows. if you are sensitive to traffic noise and daylight filtering into your room, request NOT to be given these rooms. If you have any questions about their rooms, you should call the hotel and inquire. Also, the tower rooms appeared to have been refurbished since I was there 5 years ago, while the roomas in the annex buildings, closer to the pool area, appeared in need of renovations. Another plus is the free wi-fi service in all rooms. Hope that helps you some.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

For a quiet king room, request one facing the garden pool. Gorgeous and quiet.
    DisneyBroad54

• I don't know him!

Just finished a great 9 day stay at Hojos.
    We were originally put in a room facing the I-5 and the fridge didn't work, so they very kindly moved us to a 4th floor room in building 2 (with microwave), overlooking the garden pool. Great location, the McD's down the road was a great help. If you stay in building 2 it is a quicker walk to DL if you turn right as you exit the elevator and walk through the parking lot closest to Harbor Blvd.

Fantastic place!

You definitely have to ask for the discounts when you make the reservation.

Cheap Anaheim Hotel

Anaheim Budget Hotels

Hi. Quick question about the walk from HOJO to DL.
    If you cross Harbor at Hojo to walk along the sidewalk that runs parallel to DL, is there a pathway to the main entrance on the north side of where the shuttle buses enter off of Harbor? Or do you have to cross the shuttle entrance and walk along the main pathway to the security tents?

Just wondering if there was a less busy 'short-cut' path to take. We have always just walked on the south side of the buses, but I began to wonder if there was a sidewalk on the north side of the buses.

TIA!

• No Title for you

Quote Originally Posted by SaskMouse View Post
    If you cross Harbor at Hojo to walk along the sidewalk that runs parallel to DL, is there a pathway to the main entrance on the north side of where the shuttle buses enter off of Harbor? Or do you have to cross the shuttle entrance and walk along the main pathway to the security tents?

Just wondering if there was a less busy 'short-cut' path to take. We have always just walked on the south side of the buses, but I began to wonder if there was a sidewalk on the north side of the buses.

TIA!
    Don't remember off the top of my head from when I was there last weekend; however, I pulled up Google maps and took a screen shot of the most north visible walkway I could find, it's just past the bus stop. I don't know if it's a short cut per se, but it looks like you avoid an extra wait at the light.
    Just another DL fan

Quote Originally Posted by SaskMouse View Post

TIA!
    There is indeed a path that cuts in where the taxi pickup/dropoff is. you then cut up alongside the whole shuttle area to the right side avoiding the crowds on the main path and busy tram loading area. Also you will not have to wait for the extra light to cross the main entrance for the shuttles driving in. The only thing is, when you are coming back out at night, all the taxi drivers ask if you need a taxi! lol... you will know it when you see it! if you look on google earth you will see it, it's the crosswalk marked with large white lines. We used the route all the time once we discovered it

Thumbs up Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by KoD7085 View Post
    Don't remember off the top of my head from when I was there last weekend; however, I pulled up Google maps and took a screen shot of the most north visible walkway I could find, it's just past the bus stop. I don't know if it's a short cut per se, but it looks like you avoid an extra wait at the light.
    LOL... I'm always a day late and a dollar short!! LOL... I've never been successful with trying to post my screenshots.... I'm glad you did it and so excellently as well!

Thank you so much for the quick replies and the map!

I don't know why I didn't think of google...Doh!

I can't wait to use it to avoid the rush!

Thanks again.

• The Original Disney Doll

Sorry is this has already been asked but how is the ART from the Hojo's? How many other stops are there? Where at the DL shuttle drop does it stop? I've always walked from Hojo's but I had a back injury and need to limit my walking as much as possible. I have a res at Best Western Anaheim Inn which is much closer but the Hojo is much cheaper with the AP discount. Any info and opinions on taking ART from Hojo would be much appreciated! Thanks.

• Johnny and Me!

Here is an ART route map. Check it out.

http://www.rideart.org/pdfs/ARTRouteMap_SprgSmr10.pdf

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never stayed at the HoJo before now, but I am doing just that for MiceChat's 6th Anniversary celebration. Actually, I am coming for a full week. I will be arriving the Wednesday before, and staying until the Wednesday after. I got a great rate on the HoJo website because I am staying for longer than 3 nights. I know many people say the walk is short, however I purchased my ART passes for the full 8 days that I will be there. I figure it's nice to have the pass on the nights when I will be staying late in the parks. You know how the feet can ache after being on them all day. Also, I can use the pass to perhaps get from Disneyland to check out Garden Walk during my trip. The passes came very quickly in the mail, and I was only charged a $1 shipping charge.

I am excited to stay at this hotel.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

Just got back from 6 nights at Hojo. Once again, everything was fabulous. The one small problem was remedied immediately. Stayed in building 2.
    Love the gift shop.
    Took the short cut from the park at the end of the days....
    Can't wait to go again!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast