Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Happy 2007!

Candy Cane Inn or Tropicana- any preference?

I'm trying to decide where to stay for an upcoming trip. I've stayed at the Tropicana before and I'm fine with it, but I've heard great things about the Candy Cane Inn and the price was right.

It's a standard room at the Candy Cane so I'm a little concerned about the lack of a microwave and the size of the room.

Any opinions or advice?

• Sock Puppet

Re: Candy Cane Inn or Tropicana- any preference?

Though we're not thrilled with it, I'd stay at the Candy Cane before staying anywhere else in that area of Harbor, including HoJo's.

As far as price goes, Priceline usually offers rooms for $50/night at the Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Marriott Suites, Marriott and the Hilton.

For that price and those hotels, I wouldn't stay anywhere else...

Enjoy!

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Though we're not thrilled with it, I'd stay at the Candy Cane before staying anywhere else in that area of Harbor, including HoJo's.

As far as price goes, Priceline usually offers rooms for $50/night at the Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Marriott Suites, Marriott and the Hilton.

For that price and those hotels, I wouldn't stay anywhere else...

Enjoy!

Thanks. Can I ask why you are not thrilled with it?

• Sock Puppet

We stayed there twice. The first time on our own and the other with friends that had a room there too (that is the only reason that we stayed there a second time).

We found the room to be too small and stuffy. The A/C was too loud. Their so-called complimentary breakfast was nothing more than some pitchers of juice, coffee and some pastries. They don't have an adequate supply of disabled parking spaces (they might meet the requirements by the city, but not for actual use).

The positive side was their shuttle, their location to the 7-11 and their staff members were polite.

Again, we were not thrilled with it, but if it was the only place left in town and we needed a room, we'd stay there again.

As I mentioned, for the money, we'd look elsewhere. Especially with the Priceline deals out there.

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    We stayed there twice. The first time on our own and the other with friends that had a room there too (that is the only reason that we stayed there a second time).

We found the room to be too small and stuffy. The A/C was too loud. Their so-called complimentary breakfast was nothing more than some pitchers of juice, coffee and some pastries. They don't have an adequate supply of disabled parking spaces (they might meet the requirements by the city, but not for actual use).

The positive side was their shuttle, their location to the 7-11 and their staff members were polite.

Again, we were not thrilled with it, but if it was the only place left in town and we needed a room, we'd stay there again.

As I mentioned, for the money, we'd look elsewhere. Especially with the Priceline deals out there.

Thanks for the input!

• For You!

You'll like the Candy Cane - I like that they have their own shuttle - the complimentary breakfast is a full breakfast and really nice. The entire hotel is just nice. And you get candy cane pens!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    You'll like the Candy Cane - I like that they have their own shuttle - the complimentary breakfast is a full breakfast and really nice. The entire hotel is just nice. And you get candy cane pens!!!
    Thanks- the shuttle and the breakfast do sound great.

• For You!

I also like that you're next door to a little convenience store. My mom is a travel agent that specializes in school groups and she always sends them to the CCI.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Happy 2007!

What about the size of the standard room? Too crowded for 2 adults and 2 12 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    The Candy Cane is very nice. When I stayed there, I had a very pleasant experience. We went to the park during the day and come back to the room at night to find the beds were turned down. We got to order a real breakfast too. We can also confirm that they do, indeed, give you candy cane pens as well.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Definitely Candy Cane Inn. It is affordable, safe and has a great, fast, free shuttle to and from the park.
    GREAT BLOG! It has great guides and photos and videos all about Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Walt Disney himself, Disney's films, Pixar, other movies, gadgets, and everything inbetween. Visit now!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never stayed at the Tropicana, but I can vouch for the Candy Cane Inn. I have stayed their twice, and I really liked it.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

ive never stayed at the candy cane inn but have the tropicana and love it there. the rooms we always stay in are roomy and have all of the concessions you are after. Not to mention the heated pool and huge hot tub. We are actually staying there in March, woo!
    Good Luck!

and they lived happily ever after

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Just a note, to me , a full breakfast, is a hot breakfast that comes with things like Bacon, Eggs, Waffles, etc. And is NOT what Candy Cane Inn offers.

Places like Residence Inn Maingate and many other extended stay suite style hotels in the area do offer a Full Breakfast.

From the Candy Cane Inn website...

Expanded continental breakfast buffet served poolside
    Assorted cold cereals, variety of hot instant
    oatmeal, wheat & white breads, assorted
    muffins, croissants, bagels and tea cakes,
    fresh whole fruit, coffee, tea, hot cocoa,
    orange juice and apple juice.

Note the "poolside", one of the regular complaints about the breakfast is the lack of seating and that it is outdoors (or you take it back to your room).

Places like Residence Inn Maingate have large indoor dining seating, plus they also serve selected dinners as part of your room price.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

if you stay in one of the "premium" rooms at the CCI it says you order a full breakfast delivered to your room...anyone know about that?
    keep calm and carry on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast