• Banned User

GCH $400 a night worth it?

Is staying at GCH for $400 a night a worth it? Or is GCH overpriced?

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: GCH $400 a night worth it?

Depends on what you desire from a hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

In my personal opinion yes, its over priced. But then I refuse to pay more than around $80 for a room because I figure I spend so little time in it and I don't have a need for any more amenities than a comfortable bed, a fridge, and a clean bathroom.

If I had the money would I stay there? Oh sure, just because it is a beautiful hotel and its is pretty close to the park.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sock Puppet

We've stayed at the GCH at least a dozen different times and have NEVER paid even close to four bills a night!

And that includes trips there during NYE, other holiday weekends and the concierge level.

For example. We just spent two nights there for Valentine's w/e and paid less than two bills per night and that included the concierge package.

Yikes!

Something must be wrong. Travel agent quote? Sheesh...

To answer your question... No, the GCH is not worth that much per night. But then again, I wouldn't be paying four bills a night ANYWHERE!

(and I've stayed in some NICE places!)

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    We've stayed at the GCH at least a dozen different times and have NEVER paid even close to four bills a night!

And that includes trips there during NYE, other holiday weekends and the concierge level.

For example. We just spent two nights there for Valentine's w/e and paid less than two bills per night and that included the concierge package.

Yikes!

Something must be wrong. Travel agent quote? Sheesh...

To answer your question... No, the GCH is not worth that much per night. But then again, I wouldn't be paying four bills a night ANYWHERE!

(and I've stayed in some NICE places!)
    Can you tell us your secret in getting the concierge package for "less than two bills per night" ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lakersboy92 View Post
    Is staying at GCH for $400 a night a worth it? Or is GCH overpriced?
    No.
    But I'm cheap.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I's day it's definitely worth it, especially if you've got the concierge lounge.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

I'd never pay $400 a night for a hotel. Especially not the Disney ones, because I've heard there are a lot nicer to be had that are non-Disney properties. I'd rather spend a lot less on a hotel, and, spend my money having fun on vacation! Shopping, dining at nice spots, and just enjoying my time that isn't spent just sleeping!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

If you're only seeing $400 a night, you aren't looking very hard. Very easy to find decent room rates, even if it just means going to disneyland.com.

Check out Mousesavers, Expedia, Travelocity, etc. etc.

I'm in the same mentality, especially with like my yearly trip to Disney World. Sure I can afford to stay in a Deluxe or a Moderate, but I'd rather stay at Pop Century (a Value) because 1) I like it and 2) I'd rather spend that extra money and eat waaaay better or pop on the Dining Plan, which I know how to take FULL advantage of.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

It depends... Are there are a lot of construction walls up??

Personally that seems like a lot of money for a hotel room. I would love to stay there, but like others have said, I only spend a little time in the room. That is like the rooms in Las Vegas. I spend most of the time walking the strip, I don't want to spend the money on the room.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    If you're only seeing $400 a night, you aren't looking very hard. Very easy to find decent room rates, even if it just means going to disneyland.com.

Check out Mousesavers, Expedia, Travelocity, etc. etc.

I'm in the same mentality, especially with like my yearly trip to Disney World. Sure I can afford to stay in a Deluxe or a Moderate, but I'd rather stay at Pop Century (a Value) because 1) I like it and 2) I'd rather spend that extra money and eat waaaay better or pop on the Dining Plan, which I know how to take FULL advantage of.
    Just wondering, are Disneyland hotels ever available through priceline? I highly doubt it, but would love to find a good deal on a Disneyland hotel.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

$400 per night is absolutely not worth it for the Grand Californian. Especially when you consider that for the same amount you can stay at the St Regis Monarch Beach Resort, or The Island Hotel, both 20 - 30 minutes away and both awarded with a 5 Diamond rating by AAA.

I wouldn't worry about these hotels being too far away from the DLR. With those credentials I'm sure they can provide transportation for you.