Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hotel Menage..to stay or not to stay?

I am staying there for 3 nights and was wondering what the walk is like to Disney? I read about the hotel in the Hotel's section of MC but I can't seem to get an exact answer on what I'm looking for.. Anaheim can be a dangerous city (..so sad to say) and I got a the hotel for $50 a night..is the ART inconvienent? Would we be safe walking? Fill me in peeps =]

...also..where can I get a list of actual closures? I'm in the parks (DL and DCA) on April 22nd and 23rd..disneyland.com isn't all that hot with the up to date closures.

Re: Hotel Menage..to stay or not to stay?

btw..I'm excited for my first Dole Whip!!! =] [=

• Sock Puppet

You can go to the Disneyland.com site and click on the calendar icon. Since it is so close to that date, it should be right on with the information. Of course, no matter when you get the info, it is always subject to change.

I'm certainly no fan of the ART system (nightmare experience), but if it is your only option, well, then you are stuck with them.

Personally, I'd rather walk then pay them a dime, but that is just me.

Enjoy your Dole Whip!

• Banned User

I wouldn't walk from there. ART is fine. (I think.) It does get VERY packed at night, especially the last couple of runs, so, I'd get out earlier if you don't want to be standing in the aisle with the mobs. The Disneyland.com calendar should be able to tell you of any closures. If you click on the date, on the calendar, it gives pertinent information.

what are your opinions on taking cabs home from the park at night?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    what are your opinions on taking cabs home from the park at night?
    I normally have a rental car, but, I've taken cabs plenty of times from DL to my hotel!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

I think it's unnessicary to take a cab. ART or walk. Anaheim is a pretty safe city, as long as you're not out at 2 am. Walking back from the parks at 9, 10 or even midnight should be fine as long as you stay on Harbor/ Katella/ Ball/ other main roads. They are packed at midnight even. DO NOT TAKE SHORTCUTS THROUGH ALLEYS, INDUSTRIAL AREAS, OR SMALLER STREETS! AT NIGHT and be waery during the day. As long as you have a group you'll be fine. I don't know where the Hotel Menage is, but keep these tips in your back pocket and have a great time
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Done waiting!!

Hotel Menage really is close enough that it'd take longer to get on ART than it would to just walk there. Its just a straight shot down Harbor. Enjoy the hotel! I stayed there once and its definitely not like your typical motel.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Sock Puppet

Just be sure and pay attention to your surroundings as you pass the Candy Cane and approach the 7-11 at Harbor @ Katella.

Hobo's hang out around the 7-11 and can be very aggressive towards folks at times. Especially women. They seem to be there 24/7. They have been there for years.

Why in the Anaheim PD doesn't do something about them I have no idea. I guess in our current "PC" world, some politicians/bureaucrats don't want to "offend" anyone, and anyone includes hobo's within minutes of DL.

How many of the hobo's vote, anyway???

• Queen of Sarcasm

I might be all messed up on where this hotel is but I thought it was closer to where the HoJos is, just a little further down the street and not a bad walk at all. If they walk in the direction of the Candy Cane Inn and that 7-11 they would be walking in the opposite direction of the hotel.

• Sock Puppet

No, you're right. It's right across the freeway.

I was just throwing out some safety info in response to Eric's post for anyones FYI since it was mentioned about walking in the area.

Thanks!

• Queen of Sarcasm

Well, I agree somewhat. I guess I am jaded since I live in the area and I don't think twice about walking in the area. Then again, I usually do it during the day or when there is a lot of people around. I have been known to walk to the Gardenwalk and that 7-11 that was mentioned and nothing bad has ever happened to me. But, if you are planning on walking around from about 2am to 6am then you might find yourself among unsavory people. When I worked at the park I would get off around 5 or 6 in the morning on Grad Nights and the one time I had to be at work all early in the morning for the Pirates 2 premiere I would be driving up Harbor and see the "ladies of the night" stumbling around the hotels and some shady looking people walking around. Otherwise, stick to the main streets and leave around closing time to ensure there are others around when you walk if you are that concerned.

Good hotel, but I wouldn't walk. It's fairly long and after walking in the parks all day, that's the last thing I'd want to do. I'd be a bit wary of the safety of it too.

• Banned User

I didn't like Hotel Menage when I stayed there. The I-5 freeway noise was horrible. The A/C unit was an old, funky hotel one from decades ago. The tubs were PAINTED and not redone with new tubs and the paint was peeling. Ick! I wore SHOES in the shower every night. There were many reasons I would never stay there again.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I second what I Heart Disneyland said. We stayed there once and would never ever do it again. Aside from the peeling paint and horrible bathrooms, the furniture is all sharp corners and I always manage to bark my shins on furniture in an unfamiliar room...that one actually left a scar on my leg.
    The worst thing was that they do a lot of wedding receptions and so forth there...and the noise goes on until at least 2am. And it is so loud due to the acoustics of the place that it drowns out the freeway noise.
    The hotel is actually an old motel...I think it was a Howard Johnson's before.
    Although it is close to Disneyland, it's close to the back/utility side, and the freeway is between the two properties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast