• Sock Puppet

Good Hotels in SoCal

Can you name atleast 3 good hotels near Disneyland?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Good Hotels in SoCal

In Anaheim -- The Disneyland Hotel, The Grand Californian, and The Paradise Pier Hotel.

In Orange County -- The Island Hotel in Newport Beach, The St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort, The Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel.

• radiantly eccentric

anaheim residence inn marriot
    hilton garden inn
    Disneyland hotel
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

InterContinental Hotel, Disneyland hotel, Newport Beach Marriott Hotel

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

What is your definition of Good...

Expensive, Luxuty Hotels (4 stars)?

Resonablily priced hotels that are nice?

Discounted property?

Extended Stay Hotels/Suites that come with a Kitchen?

I think the Hyatt at Huntington Beach is the 4 star property to stay at in Orange County if you want great service, great rooms, and true luxury.

I don't recommend the Grand Californian, overpriced, not 4 stars, service can be iffy, rooms aren't that big.

If you want to be within a shuttle trip or walking distance in Anaheim, the Hyatt at Harbor and Chapman in Garden Grove is very nice (but not as nice at the Huntington Beach Hyatt). 3 and 1/2 stars. Much nicer rooms than the Grand Californian and better service.

If you don't want/need a 4 star place, here are a few places I love.

I am a big Fan of the Howard Johnson's on Harbor. Great service (constantly the highest rated HoJo's in the chain), very nice grounds and an awesome Water Play area (great for kids). Drawback, it is a limited Service Hotel, so no room service or Bell Hops. Rooms are large, and many fo the rooms have the Heavenly Bed set-up. Also, HoJo's offers MiceChat readers a discount.

www.hojoanaheim.com/micechat

Looking for Discounted Hotels, I like using Hotwire.com, as you can see the amenties of the specific hotel and the low rate offered, unlike Priceline.

Extended Stay Hotels, I like the Residence Inn Maingate, next door to the new Anaheim GardenWalk. Walking distance. Full Kitchens, selected free meals, and the location is a "Condo" set-up, which is a series fo two story building dsimilar to what you would find at a Condo Complex.

There are other Extended Stay hotels in the area, but they are the Hotel Tower set-ups, and I prefer the grounds in the Condo set-up.

Here is a great resource... The Trip advisor ranking of the hotels/motels in the area, with lots of reviews.

First off, Anaheim...

Anaheim Hotels: Read Anaheim Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

(Also note that the Disney owned hotels are not that highly rated, IMHO, partially since Disney way overcharges for its room, just because it has Disney in its name).

And Garden Grove, which is just down Harbor Blvd, and the group of hotels at Harbor and Chapman are very popular with guests planning to spend time at Disneyland and/or the Anaheim Convention Center.

Garden Grove Hotels: Read Garden Grove Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

And the Huntington Beach list...

Huntington Beach Hotels: Read Huntington Beach Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

OK, just looked at the pricing at the TA site, the Hyatt Huntington Beach has an average price of $352, while the Grand Californian is $459. This is SO much a no brainer, pay over $100 less for a much nicer Hotel on the Ocean, with a great water Park for the kids (and a nice "Adult" pool), compared to an average Hotel Room with nice Public areas (aka GCH).
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 05-15-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    In Anaheim -- The Disneyland Hotel, The Grand Californian, and The Paradise Pier Hotel.

Those were the first three that came to my mind...