Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Super 8 motel on Katella?

Has anyone stayed at the Super 8 motel on Kattela lately? I found a really good rate on it $50 a night including tax. I was just wondering if it was nice and clean. I'm not expecting much at that price, just need something basic and clean.

• Merry 2014!

Re: Super 8 motel on Katella?

I've stayed at the Disneyland Drive Super 8. The room was clean, the bed was so-so, the price was right and it was close to a convenience store and the ART stop. That ART trolley was usually not full so we always had plenty of room. At the desk they said you could walk to the park in 15 minutes so I tried that one time after just missing the trolley and it took me 45 minutes to get to the gate. Just saying that in Anahiem things are farther away than they look. I just looked at the Super 8 site and it says it's been recently renovated (yay!) and has a free "superstart breakfast". Based on other free "breakfast"'s I've tried at the motels, don't count on this to be anything other than coffee, donuts and box cereal if you get there in time. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Fantasmico!; 05-31-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: looked at website
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

I'm staying at the Super8 in Disneyland Drive right now. Older. It quiet and clean with large rooms, free wifi, and a microwave and fridge. We stay here almost every trip and haven't ever really had any complaints.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Wow...Very cheap...Looks like a nice place huh...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

I've stayed at that Super 8 countles times, and it's always a great experience. The rooms are kept very clean and the staff is always super nice and helpful.
    I'll be staying there again pretty soon as a matter of fact.

One time during a late night check in, the guy at the desk,(his name escapes me) told us this funny story about some people who checked in and were asking about discount tickets to DL, they gave him the "Come on, give us the hookup" thing, to which he told them he had the best deal going, FREE entry into DL! "Wow, really?"
    He said yeah, if you go up the sidewalk on the park side of Harbor, and cut into the bushes under the Monorail beam, I put a ladder back there, and you can climb over the fence, won't cost you a cent!

Anyway, great place to stay on the cheap.

When we can, we always stay at the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr.---its clean and cheap and has everything we need. It is a very quick drive to Disneyland (less than 5 minutes) Perfect rest after a long day at the park.

How far is the walk? We are taking Amtrak to Anaheim so we will be walking everywhere we go. Me and my hubby walk over 2 miles everyday so it should be fine and we don't have any kids to worry about.

All told, 2 and a half, 3 blocks maybe. People have very different opinions on what constitutes a short walk to the park, but I assure you, you guys will be fine. You'll come out of the Super 8, make a right on Katella,(half a block) right at the corner on Harbor, and up a couple stop lights. Enjoy your trip to Disneyland!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I thought it was a nice walk. It's proximity to Garden Walk is nice for a meal or shopping. The only problem I had with it was my room location. I was at the very end on the bottom floor facing the Garden Walk parking structure. It was a Saturday night and the parking area got very loud as the bars closed. Then around 3am they had a street sweeper come through the garage (I'm guessing here - it was really loud and constant, so that was what I came up with) and apparently many people had left their cars there. Alarms went off every time the sweeper came near them!

The room itself was just your typical hotel room with 2 queen beds and a big window. Nothing special that I can recall. Of course, I got in there after closing DL at midnight and checked out at 7am because I was so frustrated with my lack of sleep. I only planned on the one night though and picked the Super 8 based on it's proximity to the Worldmark where I was staying the rest of my weekend.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

We stayed at the Katella Super 8 last July. It was clean and the rooms seemed well-maintained - nothing special at all, but perfectly fine for sleeping and the amount of waking time you'll spend in it. They do have a breakfast, but it's pretty no-frills - doughnuts, coffee and a couple cold cereals. It is right next to Gardenwalk and as I recall, there are several restaurants really close, as well as a 7-11 at the end of the block.

The walk from room to gate usually took us about ten minutes - fifteen at most. It's about three blocks.

We were really happy with it - it's close, it's clean and it's cheap. I hope your trip goes well!
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• A Weather Eye Open

I'm going to have to keep this place in mind to recommend to friends or family when they come visit me! I live in Orange, but there's almost no hotels in this town, and Anaheim's got all the good stuff anyway. Thanks for the reviews; It's good to know that basic and budget don't have to mean seedy and unclean.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Merry 2014!

There still is a lot of seedy and unclean surrounding DL which is too bad.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Disneymom

we normally stay at the Super8 on Disneyland drive and really like it. Clean, nice beds, frig and microwave, no frills breakfast and a short 10-15 minute walk to DL. Well, last time I stayed at the Super8 on Katella and hated it. Thought well, it's the same company and all. Boy were we wrong. The room was dirty, no frig or microwave, bed was not nice and no elevator to the second floor so we had to carry all our stuff up stairs. I will not stay there again. We are going in July and are gonna stay at the Eden Roc. Never been there. Has anyone stayed there. They quoted us $65 for one king bed and two doubles. I hope it is ok. It includes breakfast and frig and microwave and heated pool. Any reviews would be welcomed.

I thought about staying at the Eden Roc because of their low prices. I looked up reviews online and a lot of people were saying how dirty and run down it is. We decided not to chance it. Good luck

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

I have not stayed at that particular property. I have taken a look at their information on their website. One can definitely find good rates. The rooms do not include a refrigerator nor a microwave oven. However, for a small fee, both can be added to your room.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast