• Senior Minion

Military Discounts

My brother and sister-in-law are planning a trip for August (mid to late) and are both active Military. They want to know what kind of military discount some of the hotels they are looking at give. I looked on the website of the hotels, but they just say they offer a discount. Does anyone know how much or what kind?

Disneyland hotel
    Anabella
    Carousel

Thanks!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: Military Discounts

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by adamthecarolla View Post
    Thanks, but Disneyland's offer is only good until June 12th and tickets have to be used by end of June, same with Disneyland Hotel.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

I would have them look at their local military MWR/ticket office (not sure what it is called in the Air Force - ITT in the Navy). They can get heavily discounted Disney tickets there.

As for hotels they can also go through the ticket office as well and check for specials. I have seen a voucher program offered at different hotels where you make the reservation with the hotel (let them know you will be using military voucher) and then you go to the MWR office and buy the voucher for the desired number of nights. Most of the the hotels offer a govt/military rate but it is usually tied to Per Diem levels and sometimes not a good deal (AAA rate is better). They may also be able to call up the Disney hotels directly and get a military discount.

Hope that helps a little.

• Sock Puppet

Just call the hotel that you are interested in and ask them for the Gov't rate. Some might call it a Military rate too.

• Banned User

The military discount was extended into September and there is always discounts for the military at DLR but you have to check at Shades of Green in WDW or your base. They also have discounts for other attractions. DLR and WDW hotels have military discounts most days and some local hotels have military discounts.

There are also discounts for other groups such as AAA, AARP, seniors, teachers