•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ramada Plaza, Anahiem

After spending weeks scanning kayak.com and watching the fluctuating prices of motel room, I settled on the Ramada Plaza on Katella in Anaheim for my most recent visit for around $76 a night. I took my daughter and her best friend down for three days of fun and adventure (and heat and crowds).

Ramada Plaza Hotel Anaheim
    515 W Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    Phone: 714-991-6868 Fax: 714-991-6565
    105 rooms

Dates of stay: June 21-24

We arrived on Sunday morning around 8 AM. I knew it would be to early to officially check in, but to my surprise my room was ready and they checked me in and gave my my keys. The motel is within walking distance of the park, but I had ordered ART tickets (mostly for the trip back at night after a long day in the park) and had them delivered to the motel. While I was checking in, the person behind the desk handed me the envelope with the ART tickets, I didn't even have to ask about them. She was very friendly and helpful.

I'm not sure how old the motel is, but the rooms and the property seemed very well maintained, and the rooms themselves were spacious and clean. The beds were a bit firm for my liking, since I'm use to sleeping on a pillowtop mattress and these were standard firm mattresses, but I slept well enough.

Our room had a microwave and fridge, but the fridge did not have a freezer compartment. For me this was not a major deal.

Our room also had a sofa, that would of made out into a bed had we needed it.

The rooms have free internet access for guests (to bad I don't have a laptop).

The bathroom was your standard basic bathroom, but the water pressure in the shower was amazing! I don't think I've stayed in a motel that has had a great a water pressure in the shower before. There was also a retractable clothes line, in the shower/tub. A hair dryer was on the wall in the bathroom, and the closet had a ironing board and iron.

There is an Indian restaurant in the lobby of the motel, that has a breakfast buffet for I believe less than $10 per person. We never ate there, but it was available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

It has a very nice, well appointed lobby, with a large seating area.

View from our room:

My thoughts as follows:

The staff that I encountered was very friendly.

The room was clean and very quiet (except for the one morning that the trash truck picked up at 7:30 AM).

The water pressure in the shower was great, and we never ran out of hot water.

The free internet access would of been wonderful had I had a laptop.

Parking is free, and most of the parking is underground under the motel itself. There is elevator access from the parking structure to all floors.

There were only a couple of things I didn't like, one being the ice machine. Thats usually my biggest pet peeve of any motel stay. There are only ice machines on floors 2-4 (the motel has 4 stories). The ice machine was slow, and a couple of times I tried to use it, I could only get it to dole out half a bucket of ice.

The second thing the Ramada really has no control over, is the ART line. I've used ART before with no problems, but for some reason that route (17) seems to be the slowest and most unpredictable. Monday morning we had 11:30 reservations at the Blue Bayou, and left our room just before 10:00. After waiting for the bus for 35 minutes before we gave up and power walked to the park. But again, thats an issue with ART, and the Ramada had nothing to do with it.

Over all I was very happy with the Ramada Plaza, and would not hesitate to stay there again providing I got a good deal on the room. My requirements for a room are pretty basic, and this place satisfied all of my needs for clean, fairly comfortable room.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 06-27-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

Re: Ramada Plaza, Anahiem

Thanks for the thorough report! I have always wondered about the Ramada but in the past the motel was not rated well so I skipped it. It looks quite nice. The room seems fairly large, was it? Do you know how comfortable the sofa bed was? If there are three in a room I usually get the pull-out.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Ramada Plaza, Anahiem

The only thing we did with the sofa bed was sit on it. We never even pulled it open. But it was pretty firm to sit on, although thats no way to tell what the mattress was actually like in it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.