• Laughing Place Finder

Hyatt Regency Orange County - Info / Tips / Experiences?

We've booked the Grand Californian Hotel in late August with Disney Vacation Club points but we'll be flying into LA one day early.

Since Saturday nights have a hefty point premium for DVC points I used Hotwire to book the Hyatt Regency Orange County for our first night in town before our reservation at GCH starts. We did this same thing in April and ended up at the Hilton and really loved our experience doing that.

I'd just like to know if anybody has any advice on staying at the Hyatt Regency OC. Is there a particular tower I should ask for? Since it is about 1/2 mile south of DCA should I even bother trying to ask for a room facing the parks?

I've heard the beds are very comfy, is this true? Is the A/C any good? How is the hotel's shuttle service to the parks? Anything else a first-timer to this hotel should know about their on-site dining or other amenities?

Thanks!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Hyatt Regency Orange County - Info / Tips / Experiences?

• Sock Puppet

We've stayed at the Hyatt a few times thanks to Priceline. It was in the upper $40's one time and $50 twice.

They occassionally offer the suite upgrade at check-in for an additional $40/night when it's available.

Nice shuttle to the Park that runs every half hour.

VERY nice rooms!

Enjoy!

• TheoryOfEverythingMickey

I've stayed there a few times, and I loved it.

Beautiful hotel! Very nice clean rooms and very comfy beds.

There is a good restaurant and small bar in the lobby, but a little pricey. There's a Starbucks and a Pizza Hut in the lobby too. Plenty of restaurants around.

Yes, ask for a room facing DLR. It's a great view of the fireworks.

In fact, one time I checked in a little late. They were sold out of regular rooms and gave me an upgrade to a kids suite (even though I don't have kids.) It was a great regular room, with a separate kids room (Disney themed with bunk beds), on one of the top floors facing the park. The best part was that it was a corner room with windows facing two directions. I opened up all the drapes in both rooms and it was a wonderful panoramic view of OC and the fireworks.

Have fun.

• Winter in Oceanside...

LOVE this Hyatt!! Very comfortable. Nice atrium. Only con is that is pretty far from the park, but the shuttle is just fine.

• Still Dizzy

I've gotten it quite a few times through priceline. I love the Hyatt and I'm always really happy when I get it.

The shuttle service is fab. One tip though, time how long it takes you to go from the shuttle drop off to the main entrance, that way you'll hopefully leave the park in enough time to catch the shuttle you want to catch. (I almost always had the timing wrong and ended up having to wait for the next shuttle).

The rooms are above average, the beds are incredibly comfy and I love their atrium. My bf and I took advantage of the bar every time we went, great nice bartenders and they have a really yummy calamari.

Have a great trip!

• Laughing Place Finder

Thanks for the info everyone! I'm looking forward to adding a new Disneyland area hotel to my knowledge base.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

One of the best hotels in the area... best shuttle service I've used too..

I am staying at the Hyatt this weekend. I am wondering - how long is the walk to the park if I did not want to wait for the shuttle? Just wondering if I happen to miss the shuttle would it be worth it to wait for the next one or is it just a short walk - as in 15 - 20 minutes. I am also running the 5K this weekend and am wondering if I should take the shuttle to the start line or just take a nice warm up walk to the start.
    Deedlebug

• Circle of Ancients

The Hyatt is one of my very favorite off-site hotels in the area (just behind the Hilton Suites by the Big A).

Walk to the park is probably 1 1/2 miles. I think the warm-up before the 5K would be nice, although depending on where the starting line is (is it on Disneyland Drive?) the walk may be 2 miles.

Thanks, Sir Clinksalot - I think we are talking about the same hotel - Hyatt Regency - on Harbor Blvd. I think the race starts over by the Mickey & Friends Parking structure. Looking forward to a great weekend!
    Deedlebug

• Banned User

I got this hotel for the weekend of the D23 Expo for $42.00 a night on Priceline! Can't wait, I hear it's very nice.

• Just waking up

I really would like to go to Hyatt Regency, My family and I just got back from the DoubleTree Orange by way of Priceline and we got it fo $50.00 a night and was very basic. I called to confirm our stay we were told that their would be a refrigerator and a microwave oven in our room come to find out when we got there that they don't honor that to people who book through Priceline (very upsetting). The only reall positive to me was there shuttle. These reviews for Hyatt Regency sound so good I'm hoping my next Priceline offer will tag this Hotel.