Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Laughing Place Finder

Extra Special Touches at the Disneyland Resort Hotels

I have read different threads on here talking about special requests and extra touches that you can get at the Disneyland Resort hotels. I am talking about things like arranging for signed photos of Mickey and other characters with the front desk, arranging for balloons or flowers, etc.

I've also heard that the morning walk through DCA before the park opens is very popular.

I wanted to see if I could get people to chime in with their own tips on making requests and special arrangements to add extra magic at the resort hotels. That way we could have a consolidated list all in one thread.

Speaking for myself I am taking my wife and 7 year-old daughter to the Grand Californian Hotel. I'd like to make arrangements for some signed character photos for my daughter and perhaps some flowers and some Disneyland Mickey-Head balloons in our room.

Is there anything else that can be requested for my daughter or my wife? Do they have coloring books, crayons, sweets, souvenirs, etc. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Darth Mickey; 08-02-2009 at 12:40 PM.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Disney & Anime Fan

Re: Extra Special Touches at the Disneyland Resort Hotels

I went to the Disney.go website, picked Disneyland, then Buy, then celebration gifts and they have images of the baskets available for the room but not prices.

Also phone number 714-781-GIFT

I would love to get a basket with princess autograph book and pen but with 3 girls. It'll probably be expensive. I don't have long distance to call so I have to wait until I go to a pay phone or call from my parents. We like to save on phone service, since I really don't call long distance except for my sister who is never home, so she calls me instead.

Hope the phone & Info helps

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeMomLeika View Post
    I went to the Disney.go website, picked Disneyland, then Buy, then celebration gifts and they have images of the baskets available for the room but not prices.

Also phone number 714-781-GIFT

I would love to get a basket with princess autograph book and pen but with 3 girls. It'll probably be expensive. I don't have long distance to call so I have to wait until I go to a pay phone or call from my parents. We like to save on phone service, since I really don't call long distance except for my sister who is never home, so she calls me instead.

Hope the phone & Info helps

Thanks for the website tip. I'll definitely go check that out! Thanks!!!

For anybody that's interested here is the site you go to:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...onsGiftingPage
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• A Weather Eye Open

For those interesting in gift baskets but think the hotel's versions would be too expensive, get creative and make your own! Take a trip to the Disney store, the Crayola aisle at Wal Mart, for the kids. Champagne and fancy snacks for a romantic night with the spouse. Amusements such as cards, trivia books, or small handheld games are good for everyone for waiting in line or waiting for good seats for a show (remember a flashlight!).
    I believe I've heard about hotel CMs taking surprise gifts for you up to the room and setting them out, even if you did not purchase it through the hotel.
    Other than that, I don't really know what else the hotel offers, but I've heard great things about the hotel CMs! I would give them a call and get someone on the phone who would be willing to explain all the little services you can buy as surprises, in addition to the celebration baskets.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Laughing Place Finder

Thanks Twobluesripes. Those are excellent ideas. I will definitely call GCH tomorrow and see if their cast members can give me the run-down on these special touches.

My fear is that I'll be so flustered from traveling and wanting to get to our room that I'll forget to ask for little things like autographed Mickey & Minnie pictures.

Someday you'll have to explain your Avatar picture. Is that you on your way to The Price Is Right? Thanks again!

• Sock Puppet

Well, it sounds like you have already read some of my responses from the other DLR threads (pics, balloons, etc..), so I won't bother saying those again.

Since our kids are now older, I don't know if they still hand out the kids activity packages or not, but they were a nice idea. They consisted of a coloring book, crayons, crazy straw, a puzzle and other select goodies for each kid in your family. They even had them for boys or girls, which pretty much consisted of Princesses for the girls and more "manly" characters for the boys. LOL

The front desk CM's or the concierge CM's can help you with ANY special requests. Be sure and tip appropriately!

And since you are staying at the GCH, be sure and spend at least one swimming time at the Never Land Pool at the DLH. And heck, why not enjoy the waterslide at the PPH too!

Enjoy!

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Well, it sounds like you have already read some of my responses from the other DLR threads (pics, balloons, etc..), so I won't bother saying those again.

Since our kids are now older, I don't know if they still hand out the kids activity packages or not, but they were a nice idea. They consisted of a coloring book, crayons, crazy straw, a puzzle and other select goodies for each kid in your family. They even had them for boys or girls, which pretty much consisted of Princesses for the girls and more "manly" characters for the boys. LOL

The front desk CM's or the concierge CM's can help you with ANY special requests. Be sure and tip appropriately!

And since you are staying at the GCH, be sure and spend at least one swimming time at the Never Land Pool at the DLH. And heck, why not enjoy the waterslide at the PPH too!

Enjoy!

Thanks! That's usually one of the bits of advice I give out to people who can't decide whether to stay that the Grand Californian Hotel or the Disneyland Hotel. I'm one of the biggest fans of the Neverland Pool at DLH so we'll definitely get ourselves over to it. If I can talk my wife into trying out the Paradise Pier slide maybe we'll head over there too.

If it were up to me I'd stay at DLH every time but my wife and daughter want a taste of the 4-star luxury of GCH. We always go through the GCH hotel to use Whitewater Snacks and enjoy the ambiance but we haven't stayed at GCH since 2004.

Now that we're less than one month left on the countdown to our trip we're all pretty much spazzing out about it constantly. LOL

• Seeker of Fun

Thumbs up Re: Extra Special Touches at the Disneyland Resort Hotels

I like the idea of doing something on my own. I have two daughters, 6 and 4, and my wife and I will be headed down the first week of December. I've been buying little things here and there, to make a little basket when we get down there. We're staying at the HoJo, and I will simply go up to the room before my girls and have it waiting for them. I just ordered two plush Minnie's from Disneyland.com, and even with shipping, I think they were about $5 a piece. I'm also going to get some pajamas, stickers, candy, etc, etc...you get the idea. I figure for $25-30 a piece I can really put some great stuff in there to dare I say..."plus" the experience for my girls?

• Laughing Place Finder

That is an awesome idea to buy stuff before hand and "plus" the room up before the family walks in. Do you live within driving distance of DLR or do you fly in?

The logistics of buying those things in advance and getting them to fit in our suitcases without our nosy daughter finding those surprises first are difficult to say the least. LOL

Since this particular trip will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and our daughter's birthday I think taking advantage of the gift service could be the perfect special touch for us. We've been to the Disneyland Resort hotels dozens of times over the last 10 years so doing something really surprising and special would be just the ticket.

I'm particularly interested in this service which is listed next after their gift basket service:

Sensational Resort Room Celebrations

The Dream Makers can also arrange for a celebration that takes over your loved one's Resort room with decorations and gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, or just to say "Welcome!" Imagine your loved one's surprise to discover an exclusive bash just waiting on the other side of the resort room door. Select from spectacular options for imaginative gift experiences. It will appear as if Mickey and the Gang have prepared the room themselves!

I'll be quite interested to find out what the different options are and how pricey it is. I'll happily post any details I get my hands on tomorrow.

• Laughing Place Finder

For anyone curious on an update on this, I called the 714-781-(GIFT) 4438 number after work at 5:30 and got a busy signal several times.

I decided to call the Grand Californian Hotel operator and spoke with a nice CM named Bethany. I explained that I wanted to see if there were any extra special touches they could add for the Wedding Anniversary and 8th birthday we are celebrating.

Bethany was really nice in looking up our reservation, asking about what our daughter's favorite characters are, etc. She said she was making a note on our reservation and explained that the cast member checking us in at the hotel should have some treats for us at the end of the check-in process but that if it gets overlooked I should check or remind the CM about Bethany's note.

Bethany then kindly transferred me to the Disney Gift Service number. This time it wasn't busy but I did get their voicemail so I left a message and gave the details on what I was looking for. I'm looking forward to getting in touch with them and will share any info I pick up.

• Seeker of Fun

Talking Re: Extra Special Touches at the Disneyland Resort Hotels

I guess you could say we are in driving distance...it's about 7-8 hours if we drive very focused and don't stop! Anyway, I can understand your problem trying to stuff things into a suitcase! I'm sure it will be fantastic if you order from Disney. Congratulations on the wedding anniversary and birthday, what a special trip for your family. I hope you have a wonderful time!!! By the way, love your user name!

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I guess you could say we are in driving distance...it's about 7-8 hours if we drive very focused and don't stop! Anyway, I can understand your problem trying to stuff things into a suitcase! I'm sure it will be fantastic if you order from Disney. Congratulations on the wedding anniversary and birthday, what a special trip for your family. I hope you have a wonderful time!!! By the way, love your user name!

Thanks! I've always thought Darth Mickey was a very funny juxtaposition of characters and it always makes my daughter laugh. Next time I get to Star Trader I'll have to actually buy a Darth Mickey doll if they have one available.

An 8 hour drive. That's quite a haul. We drove from Seattle to Disneyland once when we had a bigger group and wanted to save $1000. It was nice saving that money but wow that was a long tough trip both ways.

Cheers to you and your family and hope you get back to Disneyland sooner than you expect.

• Laughing Place Finder

Well I called into Disney Gift Services today and got some information on what they offer.

The gift baskets all consist of the knicknacks you can see on the Disneyland website and their cost runs from about $45 - $140. They said that most of the gift baskets include chocolates, cookies, autograph books, picture frames and so on.

When I asked about the room decoration services I suffered a bit of sticker shock. They said that the room decorating starts at about $250 and goes up from there. I don't think I even got as far as asking what they provide for that kind of money. I know I could get a lot more for my money by putting balloons, gifts and trinkets there myself.

So that about wraps up my mental exploration of the Disney Gift Services. I'm sure I was a bit naive about what the cost would be. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think nothing of paying that kind of money for those kinds of extras but that's a bit rich for me. I'd rather use that kind of money for a few nights of Blue Bayou dining or taking a limo to Lawry's in Beverly Hills for dinner.

Thanks and I hope this was of some benefit. Cheers!

When we stayed at GCH this past April/May we told the CM that it was our anniversary and our sons birthday. We got our buttons upon check-in...but it was two days into our trip (on our sons birthday) that we got our autographed pictures. One for my son's birthday, one for us for our anniversary and another "Celebrate" autographed picture for our other son who was just along for the family vacation. They slid the pictures under our door sometime in the middle of the night. It was a pleasant surprise. I know that you will enjoy your stay at GCH.
    Just one note on the Theme Park View room. That is what we have had both times we stayed. The first time we were on the fourth floor (I believe) and we had a GREAT view of GRR. So on this latest visit I asked for a GRR view. We were on the third floor and all we saw were trees. It is still nice to be able to hear the water rushing in the morning - but it just was not the same as the actual view of the final drop of GRR. You may just want to double check with guest relations and see that you have an actual view of the park and not the trees.
    Deedlebug

• Laughing Place Finder

Thanks. That first-hand info is great to have before we head down to LA.

And you are right, the different room views at GCH are tricky to say the least. Not nearly as easy to figure out the views at GCH as at DLH but I'm looking forward to see what kind of "Park View" room we get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast