• Disney & Anime Fan

Disneyland Hotel Renovations starting Aug.2009

Well I finally got information on construction due to start this month at Disneyland Hotel, here is the link:

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/St...Renovation.pdf

I tells what is going to happen and even have a picture of what the new rooms will look like, I can't wait. I will be there next week but plan on a return after renovations are complete.

Too bad I won't be able to stay in the Dreams tower since that is the first to go under renovations.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Hotel Renovations starting Aug.2009

This post was posted in the wrong thread.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    This post was posted in the wrong thread.
    So was this one....

I do like the look of the example photo. Almost makes the DH worth the money they charge. I'd rather stay off campus with the current standard of the DH.

Although I'd rather stay on campus at the GCH
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeMomLeika View Post
    Too bad I won't be able to stay in the Dreams tower since that is the first to go under renovations.
    I'm pretty sure the tower isn't closing completely; just in sections for the renovation. Anyway, that's what I've heard, and since we paid for park view next month, it better be open.
    disney world: 24
    contemporary, polynesian, caribbean beach, dolphin, wilderness lodge, dixie landings, port orleans

disneyland: 2
    next trip: september 2009 @ the disneyland hotel

• Disney & Anime Fan

Well it may be possible if you booked the park view to be in Dreams tower since the article said 1/2 of the tower at a time will be worked on. But we only asked for standard view, they may have limited amount of rooms with view during the time. And we didn't want to pay the higher costs and get there and them say well its not available, instead you can have a view of the pool, which I guess was another premium view. Because I asked and they said we could prefer a room but that they couldn't guarentee a specific room or type until we actually check in. Which I thought was weird, but I could have switched to the GCH for another $800 for a view room. But I figure as long as construction doesn't impact me, great. My travel agent who booked us with WDTC said to call her if we have issues, and maybe they could switch us, but like most said it shouldn't be a problem, Disney's new is a veteran on construction & refurbishing.

• Disney & Anime Fan

We are back and renovations have began. Luckily we didn't hear much of construction, until half way through our trip. (aug 14-19). We were out by the Coffee shop eating and heard circular saws cutting.

But nothing else.