I hope im posting in the right place, I need some hotel recommendations.

Going to Disneyland in November 2 adults and 2 small children and I am looking for a hotel That is close enough for small children to walk or free parking with a quick drive in case we need to leave so they can nap. Also I was hoping to find something like a 2 room "suite" with beds in each room (something inexpensive enough to get 2 rooms would be good too) , comfortable beds and clean. Edit : I was reading some other posts, would it be a good idea to name my own price at priceline for 2 rooms at a Disney area hotel? Would they give me the same hotel for both rooms? Ive never used name your price so it makes me nervous.
    Last edited by Disneymomof2; 08-11-2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: added another question

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: I hope im posting in the right place, I need some hotel recommendations.

I would try the Howard johnson's. It is close, it has new kids suites, and it has Micechat and AP discounts
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Agree totally with HoJos. Excellent location, service and amenities. The best discount, though, seems to be the Entertainment book. Go to their webpage and then hit the discussion boards. There is an entire section on discounts where you can find the current Entertainment rates. These need to be booked quick, though, because they are limited.
    I don't think the entertainment discounts include the suites, however.

HoJos is always our hotel of choice. Stayed once at the Castle Inn....will never make a mistake like that again.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

What do you consider inexpensive? Myself I won't spend more than $80 a night on a room. But to some people $120+ is average. If you are looking for a 2 room suite, or adjoining rooms it will average in the range of $140-190 a night many places.

HoJo's (which is a MiceChat partner site), recently opened up family suite rooms. Here's info on it here:

Special Rates At HoJo and New Kid Suites! Now through Feb 2010

I've never stayed there, but America's Best Value Inn on Katella gets pretty good user ratings, and for mid November their room rates average $55-80 a night using Kayak. They have several suite possibilities. I have stayed next door at the Ramada, and its about a 15-20 minute walk, or there is an ART stop in front of the Ramada Plaza, and tickets are $4 a day per person (discount for multi-day tickets).

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza on Harbor. Its a pretty nice, basic motel and is an easy walk to the park. Its not fancy, and I think the parking is $4 a day, but the rooms are very large compared to some places. Their "suites" are two rooms next to each other, and are currently going for $118 a night.

The Anabella on Katella is another very nice motel, that is an easy walk from the park. Mid November a Concierge Premier room with one king bed and one double bed is around $95 a night.

The Alpine in on Katella doesn't look like much, and I've never stayed there, but it always gets rave reviews from people who have stayed there. Its almost around the corner from the park, and while they don't have suites, rooms are around $76 a night per room, so two rooms would not set you back to much compared to an actual suite in a larger motel.

The Ramada Plaza on Katella is a wonderful place. They don't have suites, but I stayed there in June and they have rooms with two queens and a sofa sleeper that run anywhere from $76-110 a night. The ART shuttles pick up right in front of the motel, or its about a 15 minute walk to the front gate.

The Quality Inn on Manchester gets mixed reviews. But I've stayed there myself and didn't have any issues, other than it is close to the 5 freeway and you will most likely hear some traffic noise. But its one of the most inexpensive places, has a decent continental breakfast, has free parking and you can either walk or pick up the ART shuttle at HoJo's across the street. They have a family room with one queen, two twins and two bathrooms for $126 a night.

The Park Vue is literally right across the street from the park, and has bunk rooms. However, its been a while since I have stayed there, as I haven't been able to find rooms there for less than $100 a night. But you can't get any closer, and when I stayed there they had a very nice continental breakfast, with a very nice outdoor patio area to eat in.

I don't know exactly what dates in Nov. you are staying, so this info is based on picking random dates of 11-6 to 11-9, and I only mentioned hotels I have actually stayed in myself, or that I have seen good reviews of. I know there are others who have stayed in other places who can probably give you more info too!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• finally a teacher!

My hubby and I just stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites and liked it a lot. It is a short drive from the park (about 1 mile) on Harbor. They might still have the stay 2 nights get the 3rd night free deal that we used, which made it very affordable. They also have a well stocked free breakfast area in the mornings. =)

I just checked disneyland.com and they do still have the 3 nights for the price of 2 deal going on. =)

p.s. the parking fee is included in the price when you book through disneyland.com

p.s.s I hope you have fun wherever you go!
    Last edited by March Hare; 08-11-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks for the great advice!

I always check www.getawaytoday.com for their latest hotel deals. They have a lot of free night specials, and the taxes and everthing are included in the price!