• Shifting cargo

Best Disneyland Hotels?

I am planning an upcoming trip to none other than "The Happiest Place On Earth", and I really want to stay as close as I can to the park. I've been looking all over for a motel with reasonable rates. Are there any motels to where the park is just within walking distance?

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: Best Disneyland Hotels?

I think that there is a whole section of Micechat dedicated to this topic. I THINK, I could be wrong.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

There are 5 hotels on Harbor Blvd next to the Main Pedestrian crosswalk that are the CLOSEST Hotels/Motels if measured from the Front Desk to the center of the Main Entrance Plaza. The 2 closest are the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western Park Place Inn, right next to the crosswalk.

And that is closer than any of the three Disney owned Hotels on property.

Most folks say that the hotels on Harbor between the Howard Johnson's and Candy Cane Inn are "walking distance. (FYI, HoJo's, CCI and Paradise Pier Hotel are all the same distance to the parks).

Of course, Howard Johnson's is a sponsor of MiceChat
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
    I think that there is a whole section of Micechat dedicated to this topic. I THINK, I could be wrong.
    There is!

This map shows an approximation of the motels around the resort for reference.

Bret's Disneyland Lodging LinkMap

HoJo's is one of our wonderful partners on MiceChat. They give a 15% discount to MiceChatters. They are within walking distance of the park, or they do have an ART pickup right in front of the motel.

You can also use kayak.com to search multiple travel sites to find the best price on motels. With kayak you can sort your search by distance from the resort, price etc.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I personally like the Tropicana.
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

• A Pirate's life for me!

If you're not staying "on property", then the Candy Cane Inn!

It's an easy walk, plus they have a free shuttle if your dogs are tired at the end of the day.

Beats paying for ART any day of the week!

• Shifting cargo

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually have settled on the Desert Inn and Suites. It's right across from the park and has low rates.

• world class bilge rat

I've stayed at the Desert Inn about 6 times since 2006. The last 4 times, it's me and 4 teenage girls. We get the Parlor Suite A with spa. The spa is actually a bathtub with a jacuzzi, it feels GREAT on my feet after walking around all day.

This room works very well for us, it has two queen beds in one part, and a hide-a-bed in the other. I stay in the hide-a-bed part, and the girls in the other. There's a wall with a door separating the two parts. Once the door is closed, I have my privacy, and they have theirs.

It's certainly not the most upscale place on the planet, but it's clean and close to DL. It has an elevator in the center, sometimes you have to wait a bit for it. There's another elevator closer to the office, but it only goes up to the 3rd floor. Our room is on the 5th floor, we usually take the office elevator and use the stairs for the last two floors.

They have a 'continental breakfast' which is pastries, orange juice, coffee, cereal and milk, and fruit. It gets sort of crowded there around the time DL opens though. They also have a pool.

They have a deck on the roof where you can watch the fireworks, it's a good view, and not very crowded.

They have on-site parking (free), for one car per room. The lot can get full at times, if so, they'll let you park near the office, and move later.

Overall, it does just fine. We spend very little time in the room, we're usually in the park. The kids like the pool, it's a short walk to DL, there's McDonalds, Quiznos, Tony Romas and a few others close by. As a side note, Captain Kidds is close by, we've never been there, and judging from reviews on Micechat, I doubt we ever will. There's also a Marble Slab Creamery nearby, just in case your sweet-tooth needs satisfying. We usually don't drive anywhere once we arrive. It's certainly nice not to have to fight a bunch of traffic in a strange town!

Our next trip will likely be in early December, we'll stay there again.

Rob

• Shifting cargo

Rob, thanks so much for all of the info. There is one thing that I need cleared up however. I've gone on mapquest and google maps to see exactly how far the hotel is from the park, but both of them are seriously off by saying that the park is a few miles away. I was under the impression that it was literally right across the street. Exactly how far is DL from the hotel walking?

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

The Desert Inn is across Harbor Blvd. (their address is 1600 Harbor Blvd, the park's is (or used to be) 1313 Harbor Blvd.

Any of the hotels in that section are good choices for accessibility. Although we're local, we stayed at the Best Western Park Place (1544 Harbor Blvd) one weekend and it was good. Nice clean rooms, etc.

• world class bilge rat

From the elevator at Desert Inn, it's about 100' to harbor Blvd. Turn right, and walk about 200' more to the crosswalk. Cross Harbor Blvd. (there's a traffic light), keep going down the sidewalk to the security checkpoint. It's about 300'.
    Then it's about another 200' to the turnstiles.

Total distance is less that 1/4 mile, it takes about 10-15 minutes.

It's roughly the same distance from the Desert Inn as it is from one of the hotels in DTD.

Rob

• Shifting cargo

Yeah, that's perfect. Thanks so much for your input everyone!