Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Candy Cane Inn Vs. Carousel Inn

Well, as someone who has stayed at the Candy Cane Inn on multiple occasions- I think it's great, and I've stayed at most of the hotels in the area. I've recommended it to most of my friends and they have also given it strong reviews...and these are all people w/ small children who have just braved a 10+ hour car ride to get here...so a comfy hotel is a must before hitting the parks. Up until last year I lived in Nor Cal until I decided to move to Orange County to be closer to Disneyland...well, that and my job.

Obviously it's ultimatley about personal preference. I like the Carousel as well but I just really prefered the Candy Cane. As a mom to small children I like my car to be close to my room so I can quickly shuttle all their necessary items back and forth. The rooms aren't large but if I can set up a pack & play and still have room to move about I'm in good shape. Also, after travelling a lot in Europe I've come to rethink what my definition of "small" is when it comes to rooms and bathrooms.
    Last edited by MiMo; 12-31-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Add Info

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: Candy Cane Inn Vs. Carousel Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    My biggest problem with the Candy cane Inn is the size of the rooms (way too small!)

Here is a recent, well written, detailed review over at TripAdvisor that talks about the positives and the negatives....

Staying again - Review of Candy Cane Inn, Anaheim, CA - TripAdvisor

There is much more of the review, but that brings out the main points...

So for MY priorities, CCI fails in the size of the room, that it is a 2 story MOTEL, and that the Wi-Fi service is unreliable (and I have read that in many CCI reviews).

I prefer a Hotel setting with hallways and that the cars are not parked right next to the rooms. I prefer larger rooms when I can move, and set up a small office like setting so I could stay online and do some work on occasion, and make sure I can access the Internet. I like rooms that come with Refridgerators and Microwaves and Coffee Makers.

Now to compare it to the Carousel...

At least it is a 5 story building, so you don't have cars in front of your room. But it is an outdoor hallway style. Rooms at the Carousel are also small. Free Breakfast, but an extra fee for parking our car. (But more places are doing it, Fairfield Inn just added a Parking Fee). WiFi is also available, but at an extra fee.

And is why when I want to be near the park, I stay at the Howard Johnson's, they offer a AP discount, an amazing Entertainment Card rate on selected days, and if you don't qualify for either of those, you can get a great MiceChat discount. (HoJo's is a sponsor of MiceChat.)
    I did here the Howard Johnson's, have great staff.
    and walking to Disneyland not bad!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12