Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What is the best hotel?

Stayed in Desert inn, Castle Inn, Annabella, Crown Plaza.
    Desert inn, beds were garbage for my wife and I, dorm mattresses, employee blocked our vehicle in with his personal car which was unnecessary for him to do. Just lazy which is kinda sad really. Close to park
    Castle inn beds were ok but very noisy in halls. Close to park and always let us park early.
    Crown Plaza pretty nice, quiet just no real control of their shared lot. Full size bus shuttle that they share with the mariot. No walking from here.
    Annabella, pretty nice hotel with good amenities, its a little far but walking from the hotel is like walking from mickey and friends parking which is not toooo bad. This is our favorite hotel so far.

I hope this is of some use for ya or others.

My wife and I enjoy the Best Western Park Place INN and Mini Suites. It's directly across the street to the DCA and Disneyland properties and we find that it's nice if we want to walk back and take a nap in the middle of the day. Don't know how it would rate for families with children. But for us it makes sense and the staff is always very nice.

We LOVE the Candy Cane Inn. Nothing fancy but very clean, easy walk to the parks (w/ 3 year old & 6 year old), and a free shuttle and breakfast! However; we recently booked the Paradise Pier for less than the Candy Cane Inn for the 1st week in December. I'm not sure if we'll like it any better (mixed reviews) but I'm excited to try it out!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sheveyman View Post
    Go HOJO!!!! Get the entertainment book and call for rates... They have a website where they tell you the rates before hand... It can be as cheap as $59.00 a night... HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

After going to Super 8, Best Western Park Place Inn, Desert Inn and Suites, Desert Palm, Carousel Inn and Suites, and just last year HOJO... It is NOW our favorite...

GO HOJO!!!! The kids new swim park is AWESOME!!! I loved it... I'm just waiting till April comes up on the list... Then 30th BD here I come!
    The Hojos also has an AP/MiceChatter rate. I don't think it's as good as the entertainment book rate, but it's not bad. I've stayed at the Hojos, Annabella, and the Disneyland Hotel, and I would recommend all three. Of the three, the Disneyland Hotel and Hojos would be my favorites, but the Annabella is not bad by any means!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

We stayed at the Alpine Inn this past July and thought it suited our needs. It only cost $75/night. We're going next July and will most likely stay there again. It is within walking distance and was nice.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Disneyland Hotel, everything about it is perfect in my opinion.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1 View Post
    we recently booked the Paradise Pier for less than the Candy Cane Inn for the 1st week in December. I'm not sure if we'll like it any better (mixed reviews) but I'm excited to try it out!

Since you got a nice rate at the PPH, upgrade to the Concierge level!

They usually only charge $30 to $40/night for the upgrade and it is well worth it when you consider the free meals that you get. Plus, they encourage you to stock up on their Disney themed water bottles to take into the Park!

You can't beat that!

And since you are there, enjoy a character breakfast with Lilo & Stitch!

Yummy!!!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Disneyland Hotel, everything about it is perfect in my opinion.

We think alike!!!

HOJO may support Micechat, which is very cool, and have a new pool/waterpark, but for price the priceline route can't be beat, for value, I'd take the Candy Cane Inn, for luxury, it's the California Grand. I stayed at the Paradise Pier a couple of nights, but it wasn't worth the extra cash. If I had kids, I'd consider HOJO's, but the Candy Cane Inn is convenient, has a great shuttle service, continental breakfast, a heated pool, and Ed, who works the breakfast tables spreading Pixie dust magic blessings. It's also reasonably priced.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

See, I don't get the Candy Cane Inn stuff. It is a 2 story MOTEL built in the 1960's that has SMALL rooms. Yes, the property is nicely landscaped, and the rooms are kept up nicely.

But you can't change the size of the rooms, or the fact cars park right in front of your door.. No Elevators, so if you are one the second floor, you must walk up the stairs.

HoJo's is a limited service HOTEL, so multi-story buildings with interior Hallways, nice sized rooms with decent sized bathrooms.

And based on the TripAdvisor rates, basically the same price.

Now if you want to stay at an older style Motel near Disneyland, the Alpine Inn is highly rated, and only around $70 per night if you want value.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

We have stayed at the Ayres Inn, Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove, Disneyland Hotel, and HOJO's.
    Ayres Inn was mediocre at best. The staff was disinterested and acted like they were doing guests a favor to run their advertised shuttle to Disneyland. We were even scolded for not being on time one evening. The park had extended the hours, and even with the help of the guest services at the park, we could not find Ayres phone number. After about 30 minutes of searching, guest services were finally able to locate a number but by then we were not able to let Ayres know to cancel the shuttle. The helpful CM at guest services explained the situation to the hotel then handed us the phone where we were promptly scolded for not calling sooner. I asked the person at Ayres if the shuttle had picked up other guests at the same time? She said they had to which I replied: Then there was really no problem please reschedule the shuttle for the new park closing. Pretty irritating. I don't recommend them.
    HI Express was ridiculous! Our stay was so filled with problems, we ended up being refunded 2 nights stay. I don't recommend them either.
    Disneyland Hotel was wonderful. It should be for the price. Even with a relative getting us a discount, we ended up paying about $175 a night after everything was added including parking and a hotel fee. It was a once every few years stay and worth it but hard to do often.
    Recently, 11/1 thru 11/6, we stayed at the HOJO. We had the entertainment rate of $59 for a standard king. We requested a room overlooking the garden pool. I have one word to describe our visit: Excellent! Our room was incredible! The view was of the garden pool with trees surrounding our window on the second floor. The room was larger than the rooms we had stayed in at the other 3 hotels. The staff was wonderful and efficient! I have pics I'll post in a trip report later this weekend! The walk to the park is the same as from the DL hotel. I would highly recommend HOJO's and feel very strongly that we received more than our money's worth. Hope this helps!
    DisneyBroad54

I have a question about reserving a room at the Best Western Anaheim Inn. Do they charge you when making the reservation, or once you check in? I'm trying to decide how to handle this, since I don't want a charge on my credit card right now.

Nevermind- I went on the website to find out..you don't get charged til check-in.
    Last edited by roxy72; 11-18-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Me & the wife have stayed at all the DL Resort, Carousel Inn, very nice, but very tight parking, nice rooms, Desert Inn, I've stayed at nicer Motel 6's at half the price, Del Sol Inn, read Desert Inn review, BW Anaheim Inn, nice hotel but only have Double Beds!!! Castle Inn, decent hotel, but in major need of re-modeling, but our favorite is BW Park Place Inn, we have always great service, a good clean room and the rates are O.K. since they closest hotel to DL main entrance, but book with them early and keep checking back because their rates change almost daily. I've gotten a room with them for $99 a night and it was a 2 queen mini-suite.

Candy Cane is an excellent option. It seems far away, but in fact, it has a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes and takes you straight to the front of disneyland. This shuttle is good because it is not hooked to the unreliable one all the other hotels are with, and it doesn't cost you a thing. Candy Cane Inn is also fairly inexpensive. I think it has cute rooms as well. They are not the newest and best out there, but on a scale 1-10 it's about and 7 1/2 in appearance. The rooms are also pretty clean. I think the best part about the hotel is that they offer free breakfast. This is good because Disneyland food is so expensive, and this way if you get completely stuffed on the free breakfast, you won't need a lunch, maybe a small snack, and then just a dinner, and if you are really looking to save you can leave the park and go to a nearby resturaunt.

CANDY CANE INN is definately the best way to go if you are not going to stay on site.

Although you were looking for info on an off site hotel, if i were you i would stay on top of deals being offered for stays at an onsite hotel. Sometimes on certain days you can get really good deals and in my opinion they are not too expensive. when you find these deals. An on site hotel would just offer a better veiw or a nicer room. I would just keep looking and looking and looking..

• Disneyland fan since 1967

For non-DLR properties, we have stayed at the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites and the Fairfield Inn. We thought both places were a good value and very convenient to the Parks.

Here's the advantage to the Camelot: It offers a 1-bedroom Family Suite that I think we got for $179/night, which is a very good deal for a family of four. We wanted to have a bit more room to stretch, separation from our small children at bedtime, and a small kitchen area. This kind of arrangement worked great. We got the kids to sleep by 8:30 or so, and still could enjoy the TV or whatever for as late as we wanted to stay up. Also, the Camelot has a continental breakfast included, which was all our family needed since we are cold cereal fanatics. They had tasty muffins, cereal, OJ, and coffee, and that was all we needed. We couldn't see fireworks from our room, but it was a quick jaunt upstairs to the pool level where you could see all of the fireworks very well.

The Fairfield Inn is a nice alternative. This one didn't have a breakfast included, but there was a small coffee place inside the Inn that offered muffins etc. for sale.

As for DLR properties, we liked the Disneyland Hotel when we stayed there four years ago during the 50th Anniversary celebration. The Neverland pool is very, very cool. It was a longer walk to the Park entrances from Disneyland Hotel than from the Camelot or the Fairfield (go figure), but not unmanageable -- probably 12-15 minutes instead of 8-10 minutes.

We are staying at the Grand Californian this coming late April/early May and are looking forward to experiencing a bit of luxury and staying so close (0-5 minutes) to the Park entrances. I'll post a trip report so you can see how that went.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast