Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What is the best hotel?

My family has finally decided to make a return to Disneyland. We are planning our trip for October of 2010. I know that this is a long way off but you can never over plan a trip to Disneyland. We donít have the money to stay on property this trip. What is the best Non-Disney hotel to stay at? We are looking at the Candy Cane Inn as an option.

• Shifting cargo

Re: What is the best hotel?

I usually plan about a year or so advance as well. Nothing wrong with that The Super 8 might be your best bet. If money's an issue, it's fairly cheap, and fairly close to the park as well. I'm planning on staying at the Desert Inn when I go in June 2010, but I'm sure that their rates can be kinda high depending on the season.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• "Always On The Move..."

I swear by the Candy Cane!! It is home away from home when I'm down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

I love to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. It is close to the park if you prefer to walk, has its own shuttle (with very friendly drivers), and the breakfast in the morning is just right to start off the day. I've also stayed at the Crowne Plaza and Hampton Inn in Garden Grove. They are nice too, but I prefer the Candy Cane.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I swear by the Carousel Inn and Suites, Club Level room. I was able to get a great deal on it, and boy were they nice rooms! It's only a 5-10 minute walk from the front gate, the room was quiet, comfortable and had great furnishings, and was really big.

It is home away from home when I'm down there

I stayed at the Anabella Hotel back in May for a whole week. It was a great experience. Rooms were clean and comfy, room service was great and the location was amazing.
    You can also see the Disneyland Fireworks at night from the balcony.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've stayed at several places around the resort over the years. I've stayed at:

The Annabella
    Anaheim Plaza
    The Candy Cane Inn
    The Park Vue
    The Ramada Limited
    Ramada Plaza
    The Quality Inn on Manchester

I've never had any problems with any of them. When I stay I usually look for the best price since I'm not going to be in the room that much. The Quality Inn on Manchester is usually the cheapest, has a fair continental breakfast, but the rooms are small and its close to the 5 freeway so you will get some noise. Parking is free, but there is a $3.15 resort fee tacked on each day.

The Anaheim Plaza is one of the older properties, but its pretty well maintained. Its basic, but the rooms are large and its an easy walk to the park. Staff has always been very helpful and friendly. Parking is free.

The Park Vue is right across the street from the park, and is just about the closest you can get. It was very nice when I stayed there, staff was great, parking free, basic clean room but the price lately has been over $120 a night and thats out of my budget.

I most recently stayed at the Ramada Plaza on Katella because I got a great deal on the room on Kayak. It was a very nice room, quiet and had free parking. Its serviced by the ART line but its walkable to the park also. My full review of this place is here:

Ramada Plaza, Anahiem

Howard Johnson is also highly recommended by many, is close enough to walk, does have ART service, and is one of our partners and gives a 15% discount to MiceChatters!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Let me preface by saying I travel with teenagers. We are only in our room long enough to sleep and shower and they could care less about amenities and how soft the bed is.

I really like the HOJO. The walk was fine, the staff was great, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. I really can't beat that entertainment rate either. You can check to see if your dates are available here.

While Desert Inn is nothing to write home about, we like it too. It's close, clean, and the staff has always been great. Parking is free but a little tight. We've never done their continental breakfast but I've heard it lacks substance. They do have an indoor pool which we've also never used.

Anaheim Plaza was o.k. too. About the same distance as the HOJO and probably the biggest room we've had thus far. They often run good specials. They do have a nominal charge for parking though.

I have a coworker that never stays anywhere but the Anabella. He just raves about the place and they travel to DLR, with and without teenagers, several times a year.
    Last edited by wvnative; 09-18-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
    Anaheim Plaza was o.k. too. About the same distance as the HOJO and probably the biggest room we've had thus far. They often run good specials. They do have a nomincal charge for parking though.
    Oh thats right! I forgot about the parking there. Its been a while since I stayed there. I think the parking was $4.00 per day per car. Not to bad considering that the Red Lion charges $14.00 for parking, but many of the resort hotels are free.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Oh thats right! I forgot about the parking there. Its been a while since I stayed there. I think the parking was $4.00 per day per car. Not to bad considering that the Red Lion charges $14.00 for parking, but many of the resort hotels are free.
    You are correct! (and apparently I should use the spell check feature. lol) That was the one trip we flew, but I remember the parking fee. They run that $59 room rate on occassion though and when everyone else is about twice that, the $4 is a moot point. lol My only real complaints about Anaheim Plaza were that the maid carts were so loud as was the shower next door. Oh and that they were rude to the woman who was asking about internet to check in for her flight at the counter as we were waiting for them to call a taxi. They were plenty nice to us.

I know HOJO and Desert Inn both have free parking. Ramada Lmt N does as well.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

And don't forget HoJo. They have been VERY good to MiceChat. Close to the park (With a Matterhorn view). Well kept rooms. Special MiceChat rates. And they are the sponsor of the MiceChat Gumball Rally and sections of the site. They really love MiceChat and that and I hope you'll consider them as well. Welcome MiceChat Members
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• A Pirate's life for me!

Out of the hotels listed here so far, I'd highly recommend the Candy Cane.

VERY nice place to stay and their own free shuttle if you don't feel like walking.

You can't beat that!

• Just waking up

Try using Priceline you can't go wrong. Go to How to use Priceline Forum.

• One weird cookie...

Go HOJO!!!! Get the entertainment book and call for rates... They have a website where they tell you the rates before hand... It can be as cheap as $59.00 a night... HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

After going to Super 8, Best Western Park Place Inn, Desert Inn and Suites, Desert Palm, Carousel Inn and Suites, and just last year HOJO... It is NOW our favorite...

GO HOJO!!!! The kids new swim park is AWESOME!!! I loved it... I'm just waiting till April comes up on the list... Then 30th BD here I come!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast