Crown Plaza Stay

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Biff View Post
    Well just got another crown plaza hotel for 48 which I aint gonna complain about.
    Single night 26th of Sept.
    Not real pleased with there parking and the stupidity of one of their employees. I will not elaborate on this because it could have happened anywhere.
    Hotel was clean and our single king bed room was well supplied, the beds where on the firm side but very comfortable. This is an older re surfaced hotel, which was apparent with the peeling coating on the the tub, fire sprinkler that was in questionable shape and the damage to the furniture. Room was quiet and did not notice people going through the hall. Overall staff was friendly and overall the property was clean.
    Police had a large group of gang members (8-12) in the back parking lot. The police were checking cars through out the lot. So if you were parked there on the 26th and are missing something the cops should know. There were also another group of locals coming out the rear entrance to the lobby. They were smoking pot on the apartment side of the walkway and did bail once another couple started walking that way. Everyone just walked and there were no incidents with them. Again this could be anywhere but a little to much foot traffic inside the hotels property for me. To many people comfortable with hanging out or "working" the property. I for one will not be back. One of my motorcycles was stolen this year so I will err on the side of caution.

Re: Crown Plaza Stay

Sorry to hear about your stay, as I just booked three nights there at the end of October. My decision was based on my friend saying it was a nice property (and she is in the hotel business) and her Friends & Family discount.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Sorry about your bad experience at Crown Plaza Fashion Biff. We stayed there last weekend too, but missed all the excitement in the parking lot.

funnygirl2004, there are more reviews here too:

Crowne Plaza - Garden Grove

Thanks Villians Fan. Maybe that less than desireable stuff was a one off occurence! I will definately give a review when I return.

We've stayed at that Crown Plaza 3 or 4 times. The parking is a mess, but the hotel is pretty good. We have never had a problem checking in early and the rooms have always been clean. The walk to the hotel from the parking lot a long and the spaces there are very tight. We almost always use priceline so we don't pay much for the room. At rack rate there are much better hotels available.

• Banned User

A person was murdered in one of the rooms there recently! http://cbs2.com/local/El.Monte.Garden.2.1176477.html

I've stayed there a couple of times and thought it was nice. The staff is rude though and the parking is rediculously bad. (And, I didn't feel safe after parking WAY back there and walking along the side of the building to the front.) Overall though, if I get it on Priceline, and it's cheap, I will stay there again. I'd never pay full price.