Greenwood suites?

Hey all-
    So my wife and I are planning on being down at the DLR this weekend on an whim. We took a chance on a cheap hotwire deal and ended up with the Greenwood suites. Apparently this was or is a part of the Candlewood Suites.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this? Tripadvisor was a bit hit and miss on the reviews so I thought I would check with the all knowing micechat community. Hopefully it wont be too much of a dive, though given the fact that we are only going to be there for 2 nights of sleeping we'll survive.

Cheers
    Joel
    If you liked the above posting then my name is Joel. If you didnt my name is Julie and I work on the monorail.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: Greenwood suites?

I stayed two weeks next door in the Peacock Suites (which are excellent) so I can at least tell you about location:

It's about 15 to 20 minutes walk to the Park, which I did every day, but if you aren't into walking then there's the ART that runs regularly. About halfway to the Park is Garden Walk, which has a cinema, a few good restaurants, a couple of bars and some fashion shops. There's also a handy 7-11 about 5 mins walk away.

From the outside the Greenwood Suites looked nice, well maintained, with a manicured garden. But since I never went inside... I cant help, but it's not very well rated on TripAdvisor. (Switch to the Peacock Suites! )
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Re: Greenwood suites?

Okay folks, just got back and I wanted to let you know a bit about this hotel. I wasn't sure what to expect based on the mixed feedback from the tripadvisor site. But I was pleasantly surprised.

Check in was slow despite was being the only ones in line at the time but the staff was courteous. It just took longer than just about every other hotel I have been to. The hotel has covered parking which is free so that is always a plus. It is around the corner from Garden walk and within a 15 min walk to the park depending on how fast you move your feet. My wife and I walked just fine. We were able to purchase our tickets including single day tickets at the hotel so we saved ourselves some time from having to stand inline at the ticket booth.

We found the room clean and quite. Its a bit dated but nothing overly in need of repair. We had a studio suite which had a queen bed. The room had a full sized fridge, dishwasher, sink, 2 burner stove (with pots and pans), place settings for 2, coffee maker, etc. It even had a DVD player. It looked like it would be a good option for a family on a budget or those that want to save some money and not eat out or at the park for every meal. We could see the Matterhorn from our room window.

At first thought we were unsure about the bed since it felt really hard to the touch. But we were surprised as we found it quite comfortable and did not wake up stiff and achy.

Overall we had a great stay and we would consider staying here again. I was pleased with my last minute hotwire deal.

Cheers
    Joel
    If you liked the above posting then my name is Joel. If you didnt my name is Julie and I work on the monorail.