Thread: Anabella Hotel

• Seeker of Fun

Anabella Hotel

I'm sure this is in the wrong area, but has anyone ever stayed at the Anabella Hotel? We're thinking about staying there this spring, and just wanted to get some feedback. We also have a 6 and 4 year old...any idea of what kind of walk? Thanks!

• Future Skipper

Re: Anabella Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I'm sure this is in the wrong area, but has anyone ever stayed at the Anabella Hotel? We're thinking about staying there this spring, and just wanted to get some feedback. We also have a 6 and 4 year old...any idea of what kind of walk? Thanks!
    I stayed there with some friends and family last spring. It was really nice, it's my favorite hotel out of the 4 or 5 I've stayed at in Anaheim. As far as the walk, it was about 20-30 minutes. It's a nice walk though, since most of it is through either the Grand Californian or Downtown Disney.

I have stayed there several times. I have always had a wonderful time staying there. They have several size rooms all fully equipped. most have a master room and then a seperate room. All rooms have their own television and are nicely kept. I believe the rooms on the west side of the property are suites and are nice and spacious

Some rooms have their own little secluded sitting area. The hotel is not your typical otel structure with a main lobby and then several flors of rooms. The layout basically has a nice looby and restuarant as well as a business room. The rooms are all in seperate structures. The layout is very similar to how a motel layout works. Several diferent structures with several seperated with a nicely landscaped green area with grass and walkways.

The hotel has two pool areas. the main one is large and well maintained and in the center of the complex. the second pool area is for adults only and is very secluded and next to the lobby away from view.

The anaheim shuttles stop right outside of the complex and can be taken to the parks main entrance/shuttle area. If you prefer to walk it is only a short 15 - 20 minute walk along a nicely lush landscaped area.

All you do is walk a few feet to the corner and cross the street. then walk north to the grand Californiam hotel and easily cut through the lobby and either enter DCA through the hotel or out through DTD to the esplanade.

The hotel is also right next to a couple family restuarants in case your family wants to have a nice lunch or breakfast besides using the hotel restuarant or service.

• Pixie B

I LOOOOOOOVE The Anabella! It is the only place I stay. It is a really nice hotel. The staff is cool and I have never had any issue. If you do stay there you will love it too.

• Seeker of Fun

Wow! Thanks so much for all the quick and informative feedback!

• Pixie B

No problem anytime

We've stayed at the Anabella before with my 8 year old son (he was 7 at the time). While hubby and I didn't mind the walk (we did the cut thru GCH route), at night it was a bit much for the kiddo. After a long day in the park, the walk back always seemed three times as long.

If you are looking to save some expenses though, I would definitely recommend the Anabella. The rooms are very nice, clean and generally quiet and everyone there is super nice. Plus it's right next to a few restaurants, too. It's always fun doing the walk (or in our son's case, excitedly skipping) to the DLR in the morning because you are usually in the company of quite a few families heading in the same direction.

• Seasoned Disney Fan

Has anyone stayed in the Casitas Suite? I was looking at pictures and there was on in particular online that looked nice. It looked like a room with wood floors, flat screen tv and sitting area that was sort of on the other side of the wall where the bed was positioned (hard to describe here LOL) is that the same suite?

I stayed here last May on many recommendations seen online. I have to say I was really disappointed with the whole experience. The room was not very big, the walls were thin and the place wasn't very clean. I knew going in I had to pay a $14 daily fee for parking, but that can be an extra added expense. My boyfriend wanted to use the internet, again you have to pay for that, and we were told it was for 24 hours of use time, not calendar time. When he tried to log on the next day, he was unable to. When we called the front desk they state the internet is through another company etc, and they have no control. Also, check the Convention Center, if they have an event, you can't get back to your hotel, the cars all line up outside and it takes forever to get back. I have had better experiences at other hotels, and with this being kinda pricey and that additional fee, it doesn't make staying here worth it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladylaura75 View Post
    Has anyone stayed in the Casitas Suite? I was looking at pictures and there was on in particular online that looked nice. It looked like a room with wood floors, flat screen tv and sitting area that was sort of on the other side of the wall where the bed was positioned (hard to describe here LOL) is that the same suite?
    I'm not sure... looking at the diagram, it looks like the room we had the last time we stayed there. It had carpeting, though. The sitting area was a tiny room with a daybed and a TV. It was a good room, I liked it. The only issue was that it is next to to convention center so in the wee hours of the morning you can hear the beeps from the trucks backing up.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Not a fan of this hotel. The people at the front desk are super nice, but the service at the restaurant.. haha good luck. Way too far of a walk for the price. Decent rooms, but nothing to write home about. Not a good experience.

We just stayed at one of their "L" shaped two bed rooms. The room was nice, felt pretty modern and had all the normal things offered at hotels of this type.

Pros:
    Staff was nice (door-persons especially)
    Room was clean and well appointed
    Walk to park was fine 20-30 minutes
    Bed was average to above average.
    On site pools, dining
    Room was big for price
    They got us in on very short notice and worked with us on parking issues.

Cons:
    TV's are older (Candy Cane now has LCDs)
    No dedicated shuttle
    Internet is not free
    Late checkout is $20 an hour
    Shower/Water pressure was below average in our building
    You have to cross katella
    -Trader Aaron

My wife and I stayed at the Anabella in October. The grounds are nice and the room was clean. However, the room we had was very, very small. My side of the bed was pressed against the wall, so I would have to get in and out of bed via the foot of the bed (not so bad getting into bed, but a real pain to get out). Also the window style A/C unit was located directly across from the open side of the bed (approx 3 feet away). So when the AC was turned on it blew directly across the top of the bed. I don't like to sleep with covers because I get too hot. But with the A/C blowing freezing air, I had to resign to using covers to keep from getting frost bite (I literally woke up shivering). And the A/C was either all or nothing and very loud. Another thing that was a problem was the headboard was against the common wall between our room and the Kid's Suite next door. As someone stated on a previous post, the walls are relatively thin. Now I am not a light sleeper by any means, but even I was irritated by the kid-noise coming through the wall.

The extra charge for internet access was kind of annoying and there was a fair amount of people traffic outside our room (we were on the ground floor at the east side of the hotel, close to Katella).

I agree that the staff was very nice and as I said before the grounds were well kept and pleasant. Perhaps a larger room with a different A/C placement would completely change my opinion. However, I feel I have recieved better value at other DLR area hotels for the price.