Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Red Lion on Harbor

Booked this hotel through Priceline last week for the Low-Low price of $40 ($52 with fees).

Got to the hotel about 4pm (easy parking) and checked in. Their systems were down but they front-desk staff handled it VERY well. (Kudos)

It was a little wait for the room so they were giving you the option for free parking ($14) or a free $20 breakfast voucher. Since we generally eat breakfast at Disneyland we took the parking. Very nice of them to give people that option since they REALLY didn't have to.

Since we didn't want to wait we asked if it would be alright if we just came back later to get our room keys. (no problem).

Left at about 5:00 and got back about 10:45pm after fireworks.

Check in when we came back was a breeze and they even gave me the $20 voucher for breakfast since we helped them out by coming back. SCORE!!! And another thing they didn't have to do.

The rooms ... VERY nice. Two very comfortable queen sized beds, flat-screen TV (with lots of great channels unlike some local hotels **cough**Crown Plaza**cough**), Desk, etc. Nice fluffy pillows which is always a bonus.

Breakfast, got the continental breakfast, not great, not bad. Yummy coffee ... muffins had 20 grams of fat (no thank you). Fruit cup was yummy.

Check out was a breeze.

We figured out we only really paid about $18 for the hotel.

$52 with fees - $14 parking = $38 - $20 breakfast voucher = $18.

The hotel is very nice, very convenient, very clean. Easy/secured parking with just a short walk to the front desk unlike some other nearby hotels **cough**Crown Plaza**cough**.

Ratings:
    Check In/Out - 4 out of 5 stars
    Rooms - 4 out of 5 stars
    Staff - 5 out of 5 (handled the systems being down above and beyond)
    Parking - 4 out of 5 (convenient parking but outside or it would have been 5 out of 5)
    Breakfast - 3 out of 5 (yes it was free, but it wouldn't have been worth the $18 I would have had to pay for it. Although some of the other menu items looked GREAT and I would try them if we weren't in such a hurry to get to Disneyland)

Here's hoping we get this hotel through Priceline a lot more in the near future!!!

• I Love Disneyland

Re: Red Lion on Harbor

sir clinksalot, thank you for the timely review. We'll be stayang next weekend at the Red Lion and are looking forward to a nice stay. Our Priceline cost is a bit higher ($46) though.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've thought about staying there a couple of times, but haven't just because of the parking fee. Why should I add $14 to my room when many of the other motels have free parking?

Is the only reason they gave you the option to not pay for the parking because the room wasn't ready?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Indeed, Pengy, indeed.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Yes Pengy, that was the only reason.

I can usually justify the parking when I'm paying $50 (or less) for a 3 to 3 1/2 star hotel. Even with the parking fee's it's still less than paying $100 or more for the Carousel Inn (or worse).

My hotel of choice anymore is the HoJo (due to the convenience) but for a quick trip, priceline (even with the parking fees) is the way to go.

• Minion

I'm so happy to hear all this, we just booked a room for our trip at the end of December. This is very encouraging.

• Just waking up

Thanks for the Review Sir Clinksalot, it is always good to here about hotels that are accepted through Priceline. With prices like that you can't go wrong.

• Member; Mousketeer

Sir Clinksalot, you and I share the same acuties
    regarding certain hotel properties...

[coughs]

Crown Plaza.

[clears throat]

I will certainly take this better hotel property into account.

Thank you for the review.

• radiantly eccentric

I enjoyed my recent stay there too! They also have a Happy hour in the bar 5:00-7:00pm and the pool has a cozy couches and a firepit.
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• Banned User

We are frequent visitors to the area and we only use the rooms to sleep in. We enjoying going to Disneyland about once a month during off season and have stayed in many hotels in this area.

We got an excellent deal through priceline for this hotel. There was a $14/night parking fee, which was a little high, but there was always parking in the lot. It was nice to be walking distance from Disneyland, but it is a long walk for young children after a full day at the parks. We stayed 2 nights this time and really I have no complaints. Thanks

Regards,

• Minion

We stayed at the Red Lion and it was great. Clean spacious room. Really close to the park. We took a cab to and from the park, which we paid $10 total which included the tip. We went on Priceline to get the hotel, and I think we paid $40 a night, plus we upgraded $10 a night to have a "Park view". Really enjoyed our stay, will do so again.

• Here Kitty, Kitty...

Just booked our trip for the 55th for the Red Lion, I think we paid $52.00 a night, and after reading these reviews I am VERY happy that this is what we chose.

• Minion

I forgot to mention, we walked the first day, and it's totally doable, however, you can take the shuttle that comes to the curb out front (which cost's $4 a person, I think) or, you can take a cab which costs around $7 to the gate, I just gave him $10 total. Seemed totally worth it each day.

I'm assuming this is in the Disneyland-Anaheim zone, not the Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove zone.... do you know for sure?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Disneyland-Anaheim. The Red Lion is on Harbor, south of Katella.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast