Hotel suggestions (1 adult, 4 kids)

I know the question has probably been asked in earlier threads, but I'm looking for some more up to date suggestions. We'll be at Disneyland from December 3rd until the 8th and are looking for recommendations for solid, affordable hotels/motels that have rooms large enough for us all to sleep comfortably. Free internet and free parking are a plus.

I've got a reservation at the Peacock Hotel and at HoJo. Wondering if there's a better deal out there.

Thanks,

Rob

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Hotel suggestions (1 adult, 4 kids)

HoJo's is a great place to stay. They are very close to the park and and easy walk. Plus they give MiceChatters a great discount! Plus they have new family suites, with bunk beds for the kids!

I'm not familiar with the Peacock, but the Anaheim Plaza has very spacious rooms. I've stayed there twice. Its an older motel, but the last time I was there it was pretty well maintained and the staff was very helpful. They do charge for parking, but its only $4 a day so thats not bad. I'm not sure about their internet service in the rooms.

The weekend you are going it might be hard to find a different room, or find a better price. Using the Anaheim Plaza as an example, the average price for one of their rooms runs around $70-80 a night. But that weekend they have rooms listed for $109 a night. Not only is that weekend the Candlelight Processional at the park, but I understand there is at least one convention in town. I have a room booked at the Quality Inn on Manchester for that weekend... I paid $45 for my room weeks ago when I made the reservations, right now rooms are listed there for $125. (And they better not boot me out for someone who might pay a higher price).

I'm not sure what your price range is, or how close you want to be to the park. Also how old the kids are. If they are teenagers, they might be more comfortable in two adjoining rooms. If they are younger, one room would be sufficient. Doing a search I did find some rooms close by for around $55 still, but they are places that I haven't been to personally and can't vouch for the condition or size of the room.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Thanks for the encouragement about HoJo's. I'm hoping to get a rate less than $100.00. My kids are 16, 15, 11 and 9. Ideal amenities include free wireless internet and I think I already mentioned free breakfast and parking...

Any hints about the best way to get some good viewing posts for the Candlelight processional?

Rob

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I read in the HoJo thread that they have wireless internet there. They don't have free breakfast, but Micky D's is just down the road (within walking distance) if you wanted cheap fast food. The rooms do have fridges and microwaves though. What I usually do is buy a box of those pre-made Smuckers peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and some fruit, and have those handy for inroom snacking! And parking is free at HoJo's too.

I personally am going to be in whatever part of the park the Candlelight is not in! I'm hoping to take advantage of everyone else being there watching so I'll have the other parts of the park to myself.

I've never actually been there or watched the Candlelight myself, so this is speculation on my part but probably the best way is to stake out a spot EARLY, and I'm taking probably at least 3 hours or more ahead of time and either have someone from your party hold the spot or have the entire party there.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

HoJo is going to be your best bet right now, being that your just a couple of weeks away, if your were booking a few months out you would be able to find a pretty good hotel within walking distance at a reasonable rate. If you want to be able to watch CP and not pay out the nose for tickets you will have to stake out a spot at least 5-6 hours before the first showing and your best bet is to either the left or right of the Christmas tree.

• Banned User

I always do Priceline and choose "GARDEN GROVE". I've been given the Marriott Suites a number of times ( a few weeks ago for 46.00 a night). It has a bedroom, you can get 2 queen beds, and a living room with a sleeper sofa. It would be roomy enough for everyone! It's not free parking or internet though, but, a nice hotel with a fridge and you can ask for a microwave too, for free.

• world class bilge rat

I've stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn about 10 times in the last 4 years.

I'm a single dad with a 15 year old daughter, and there's usually 3 of her friends.

It's certainly not the quality of the HoJo, but it's not a dive either. The room we get has 2 queen beds, and a hide-a-bed. There's a wall with a door that separates the two parts, so I can have my privacy, and the girls can have theirs.

It's about a 20 minute walk to the turnstiles at DL, parking is free, mini fridge and microwave. Free continental breakfast too. Cereal, juice, pastries, toast, and fruit. It also has a pool. There's an observation deck on the roof where you can watch the fireworks.

It's the only place I've stayed while at DL, so I have no comparison, but it works for us.

Rob