Thread: Hotel Shuttles?

Hotel Shuttles?

Do any area hotels offer free shuttles to the parks? or do they all depend on ART?

We will traveling in a large party, so the ART $$$ would add up fast!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Hotel Shuttles?

Plus, not only do you have to pay for the ART, they are the worst shuttle around!

Reckless drivers, smelly buses, waaaayyyyy over-crowded (talk about a cattle-call!!!) and very unreliable wait times.

Just to mention a few things...

Oh yeah! Did you see the ART shuttle that caught fire and burned down to the ground??? Yep, it was due to a faulty propane system. They are lucky no one was killed!!!

We'd rather walk than suffer through another poor experience on the ART!

The Candy Cane Inn, the Hyatt, the Crowne Plaza and the Sheraton all have free shuttles, just to name a few.

Enjoy!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, the ART System, which I think is as good, if not better than the public bus system, is required by the city of Anaheim.

www.rideart.org

Heck, try the trams/buses that the Disneyland Parking lots use, basically the same thing, and since you will have to use one of them (unless you get parked at Simba, where you HAVE to walk, as there is no Bus/Tram service). MUCH better to leave the car at the hotel and use the tram.

Yes, two hotels are grandfathered in the Anaheim Resort District, and some of the Garden Grove Hotels (corner of Harbor and Chapman) offer their own shuttle (but others use ART).

But to be real, bus or Disney Parking Tram, same thing.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks Piratemickey and Darkbeer,
    I agree that ART is a great system. Have used it several times and it was on time, clean, and never crowded. We always had a seat. Sorry your experience was different, P. Good to know there are a few choices for hotels with their own shuttles, I'll be checking them out.
    Darkbeer, I know we have the option to drive and park at the resort, but was hoping to avoid that for convenience sake. Plus if we leave midday and return to the hotel for some R&R before heading back, that wouldn't make much sense either.
    You've both been helpful.
    Thanks! : )

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

The only motels that I remember having their own shuttles are the Candy Cane Inn, and I think I saw Sheraton Busses. It seems like there are some others that have them, but they are hotels that are farther away. I would like to see a comprehensive listing myself of what ones do and don't.

I do have used the ART system several times, and only once have had any problems, and that was this last summer. It was on Route 17, which is the newest route they have added. Late shuttles, never knew what direction we were going first... but other than that I've never had a problem with them.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• The line's too long...

The Crowne Plaza and Hyatt share a shuttle system, but in reality they usually have dedicated shuttles so you have to make sure to check before you get on at the DL loading area. All shuttles during the "rush hours" get crowded and smelly, it's just the nature of the system. For our next trip, we're going to get one of the hotels across from the entrance on Harbor so we can walk back and forth at our pleasure and discretion. It's always inconvenient to be on someone else's timetable.

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    one of the hotels across from the entrance on Harbor so we can walk back and forth at our pleasure and discretion. It's always inconvenient to be on someone else's timetable.

I've been reading tripadvisor about the closest hotels on Harbor, and are finding both good and bad reviews. Walking back and forth would be the best choice, if we can find clean and QUIET accomodations.

Our last stay, we were at Best Western Pavilions, used ART, and had no complaints. We just factored the time it took into our daily plan.

We LOVE the beds there, you have to climb up into them, they are so nice and comfortable. And it was so quiet, we were on the back side of the main building on the top floor.

The only reason we're considering a different hotel is there will be 8 of us going the next time, and ART will be a little pricey, hence the free shuttle question.

Thanks for your help : )

Hi Grace!!!

You guys are going back already too? We are leaving in an hour for the airport for our trip

Stay at the Howard Johnson! No need for shuttles, as it is that close, and the parking is free for your car. We stayed there last time and were pleased with it, and we are staying there again this week. And again in May, when I go with my mom

When are you going? Have tons of fun!

Kristine.

Oh how exciting! Have a wonderful time...I know you will!

Are you going to do the Fantasmic seating again?

HoJo's would be fine, except my Mom is coming with (next month) and she can't walk that far. We may have to rent her a wheelchair in Disneyland, but she insists it won't be necessary. We;ll have some little ones with us too.

We'll probably stay at Pavilions again, unless it makes more sense to stay somewhere else.

• Minion

We used Super Shuttle both to and from the airport and it worked out really great both times. Very little wait times, the trip from the Airport to the Red Lion on Harbor had no other guests, just us. On the way from the hotel to the airport, we were the first picked up and had to pick another couple, but it only meant leaving a LITTLE bit earlier than we wanted to. The price was reasonable and the drivers were friendly and seemed completely safe. I highly recommend Super Shuttle.

The Hyatt's Shuttle is great (although pushy for tips), but most are ART. I used ART last time from the Staybridge... had no issues, they were nice, big and new busses (similar to a City bus), we're always around every 15-17 minutes, and the route was direct.... most of the time we were the only family on the bus. The Driver was nice... we were running late, and he saw us, and turned the bus around to pick us up.

Found the ART took about 10 minutes tops to go back and forth... you can't park that fast at Disneyland (plus add in the shuttle to the park and such), You basically SAVE about 30-45 minutes using ART IMHO.