Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Cheapest Hotel?? Help!!!

If you can book based on your ages, try the pre-paid credit card option and then go to Easyclicktravel.com (thanks Pengy!) and you can get the Quality Inn that is around the corner from the HoJo (where all the fun will be on Friday night) for around $40/night before taxes. Hope that helps!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• YAY! SUMMER IS OVER!

Thank you everyone for all the help! I will be making many phone calls this week in getting everything organized. We both have gotten sick so hopefully this cold will pass us quickly and we will be on our way. And I just found out that our city's cable lines are down for card activations so I will have to wait a little longer for the prepaid card. I might run to get that one ACE prepaid card. Tuesday is the day. Once again, thanks again all of you guys for all the great information.
    MEOW.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Are you an emancipated minor? Because frankly, if I had a 16 year old daughter, I would not be happy about her being with her 18 year old boyfriend. The difference being, if you are emancipated, then you are legally responsible for yourself. However, unless that is the case, your parents could press legal charges against your boyfriend, because he is legally an adult. My intention here, is not to sound critical, nor judgmental, but instead, am thinking in terms of what is and can happen, when one person is an adult and the individual they are dating is not.
    It can get ugly. Just ask any lawyer, judge, or law enforcement agent.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

You can do the prepaid card, or as others have said, the hotel will take $100 cash or hold $100 on your debit card. (Call the actual hotel you choose to make sure of the amount in advance) Also -- an authorization can drop fast, or it can take up to 14 days... so be aware that the minute you check out, you don't instantly have those funds back -- it'll be a bit before they release or give back anything on your card.

-- in regards to finding a hotel that doesn't require you be 21, you might just start calling front desks and be really friendly and hope you get a nice clerk -- they would probably know which hotels in the area will let you check in. There is usually at least one that will. My boyfriend and I drove to Vegas one weekend when we were 18 but didn't plan ahead -- we stopped and tried to get a room at like NY, NY or something and they couldn't but were very nice and told us the EXCALIBUR would accept us. So just call a few hotels and ask them -- they may not check him in but will know who will.

You might want to wait in the car when he checks in though -- even a hotel that will let him check in as an 18 year old may take issue with giving a room to an 18 year old with a 16 year old girl.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponADream View Post
    This could be a problem. Could a 19 year old and a 20 year old stay at a hotel with a credit card but without being over 21?
    I had friends that got married (about three years ago) and were 19. They tried practically all the hotels in the DLR area, including the Disneyland Hotel, GCH, and PP. Not a single one would let them book a room due to their age. So, they wound up having to have their parents book their rooms for them and spent their honeymoon with his Mom and Dad in the next room. They were old enough to get married, but not old enough to book a room. Needed to be 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12