Booked Quality inn on Katella, can we do better??

planning a April 3-7 2010 trip to disneyland. booked the quality inn on Katella for $70/night plus tax. around $310 total

can we do better??

our situation:
    me and wife with out 4 year old and 18 month old daughters

would like walking distance to the park (anyone know how many minutes from Q.I.)

price is definitely a factor, not big into the nickel and diming for parking/resort fee

help needed please.

also wondered if anyone has used ridemax and was it as advertized. thanks again!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Booked Quality inn on Katella, can we do better??

For that time of year thats a pretty good price. Doing a search on kayak and filtering by 0.5 miles from the park most places are $59-100 per night.

I've never stayed at that particular motel, but looking at the map I'm guessing its probably about a 15-20 minute walk to the front gate.

And I've never used Ridemax, but I've heard a lot of people swear by it.

Also welcome to MiceChat! You'll have to be sure to let us know how your trip went, how the motel was and post a trip report for us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

thanks for the feedback

we are going to add BW Stovalls and Anaheim Plaza on our short list...

anyone stayed at those two?
    Last edited by 07pilot4me; 01-17-2010 at 06:27 AM.

You can get as good or better information (and more portable) with the "Unoffical Guide to Disneyland" Book, and their "Touring Plans" . Ridemax is missing data (Unless they've changed, they used to not have data for Sundays, which can be quite busy). Unoffical gets plenty of data, and it works quite well... and only $12.23 from Amazon, and found at most bookstores... no subscription needed.

The Tripadvisor Ratings for the Quality Inn are quite good (83% Positive). I have not stayed there myself. My favorite place is the Staybridge... you can get rooms with Kitchens (saves $$$), and the ART bus stop is pretty much a direct route to Disney and Back.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

we stay at the Super 8 on katella, and never have any problems. for valentines day weekend i got rooms for 55-60 dollars a day, and we never have any problems! walk is 15-20 depending on how long your legs are

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice. I've never had any problems. Its an older property and nothing fancy but the rooms are very spacious and the staff has alway been great. Its an easy 10 or so minute walk to the park from there.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I just looked up those dates and you can get the Quality Inn on Manchester to $34 for a single bed and $50 for two on easyclicktravel.com. This one looks to be much closer judging from google maps. It's right next door to HoJo's and is definitely in walking distance from the main gate.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    I just looked up those dates and you can get the Quality Inn on Manchester to $34 for a single bed and $50 for two on easyclicktravel.com. This one looks to be much closer judging from google maps. It's right next door to HoJo's and is definitely in walking distance from the main gate.
    I know where those are located, and I would say that you'd be better off saving your legs for all the walking you'll do in the park, and taking the shuttle to and from. I know nothing of the quality of the accomodations, but depending on your physical level they're a bit more of a walk than google maps might indicate. The Anaheim Resort Shuttle is just a few dollars a day, and probably well worth it at those room rates.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I've stayed at the Quality Inn on Manchester twice, and will be staying there again. For the price its not bad. It is close to the freeway so depending on where your room is you will most likely hear freeway noise, but I'm hard of hearing so its not so bad. Breakfast is pretty standard juice, pastries, cereal but they also have waffles. The walk is about 15-20 or so minutes motel to gate depending on how fast you walk. I usually do get ART passes however, just so I don't have to walk that last 15 minutes at night when I'm dead tired already. ART doesn't pick up at the Quality Inn, but you can walk across the street to HoJo's and pick it up there. Its $4 a day or $10 for a three day pass.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    You can get as good or better information (and more portable) with the "Unoffical Guide to Disneyland" Book, and their "Touring Plans" . Ridemax is missing data (Unless they've changed, they used to not have data for Sundays, which can be quite busy). Unoffical gets plenty of data, and it works quite well... and only $12.23 from Amazon, and found at most bookstores... no subscription needed.

The Tripadvisor Ratings for the Quality Inn are quite good (83% Positive). I have not stayed there myself. My favorite place is the Staybridge... you can get rooms with Kitchens (saves $$$), and the ART bus stop is pretty much a direct route to Disney and Back.
    Yes I swear by the Unnoficial Guide to Disneyland ever since I first read it in 1996.The editions year to year dont change that much but your best bet is to get one as current as possible.To me it is better than Birnbaums,Frommers,AAA,ect though Birnbaums does provide color pictures.
    Last edited by Disneyland4Eva; 01-28-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: adding