Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walking distance motels?!?!

Hello All!

I have a question, I recently booked our stay at the Days Inn at 1030 W. Ball Road... My question is how would we go about walking to the trams?? Can you actually walk into the parking area via West Place (Employee Parking Lot) or should we brave Disneyland Drive (No sideways!)?

I have a little rant about the Disneyland GoodNeighbor Motels... Since most of us depend on travel sites/motel websites to book our rooms or to get info, it's surprising how old all the motel information is! Almost all of the motels on Harbor Blvd/Katella make no mention of the closure of the parking lot (Timon&Pumba)and still brag that they are "just a short walk to Disneyland" To me a short walk is less than 10 mins. not fighting road blocks/detours!

Thanks for any help!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: Walking distance motels?!?!

There is a pedestrian path down Disneyland Drive, but it is a bit of a walk. You could walk to the tram stop at the parking structure (the path is along the Eastern side of DL Drive) Then when you reach the zebra xing, cross over and back track a little to the trams. Or if you keep walking, it's about as far again to the path to Downtown Disney. I took that route one morning before DL opened, I rekon it took about 15 mins.

A better option may be the ART bus, Days Inn is on route 11. Cost a few dollars each though...
    http://www.rideart.org
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

I have stayed at this Days inn many times and dont consider it within walking distance. Its a great place to stay if your going to park in the parking garage but for a walk, especially after a day at the parks I think its too far. Is the busses or park in Mickey & friends.

I have also noticed that many of the travel sites say places are within walking distance when they really are not.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Well you can walk it, but its a pretty long walk. I think your best bet is what Monotonehell mentioned... the ART shuttles. I've used ART before and have had very few problems.

And pretty much all of the motels on Katella/Harbor are still a short walk from the park. I don't think the construction going on in the old Timon parking lot has changed the traffic flow on Harbor that much, or pedestrian traffic really.

There use to be a really great website that showed the motels in relation to the park. Unfortunately, it was taken down. However I printed out a copy of it, and saved it as a jpg file.

I found this so helpful when I was trying to figure out where I wanted to day when I wanted to make sure I was within walking distance to the park.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I do like that map, Pengy! But it does make it look like the Quality Inn & Suites on Manchester is a lot further away than it is. It should have the Fairfield moved forward some and the Quality Inn behind it. Another good map I have used is this one.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I do like that map, Pengy! But it does make it look like the Quality Inn & Suites on Manchester is a lot further away than it is. It should have the Fairfield moved forward some and the Quality Inn behind it. Another good map I have used is this one.
    Oh thats a great map! I'm adding that to my collection!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Thanks everyone for all the help... I found out a member in our party will buy her ticket from AAA so we will have free parking but I do want to try to walk. I looked into the ART thing but our goal was to try to get away with no extra cost for transportation. Although for future trips I think the ART map will come in handy!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Hey, walking distances are all relative. I stayed at Peacock Suites all the way over on the corner of South Anameim and Katella; I thought nothing of the 15 to 20 minute walk to and from the Park. Although on the days when it was 100 in the shade it did become a bit of a chore. And like the walk down Disneyland Drive it's very green and pleasent.

But I'm not most people, who consider anything more than 5 minutes walk a problem (even though they walk around the Park for HOURS lol)
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Penguinsoda, you are a life saver!!!!!! I should've saved this to my computer as well but I didn't. I told my co-worker about this site and was going to email her with the link, but was bummed out when I found out the link was no longer there. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

• Hukuna Matata!

Thats why you can never go wrong with the Hojo!

• Huh?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And pretty much all of the motels on Katella/Harbor are still a short walk from the park. I don't think the construction going on in the old Timon parking lot has changed the traffic flow on Harbor that much, or pedestrian traffic really.
    I have found this to be true as well. If I'm unsure I do look at maps of the area.

Alpine Inn is just a short walk to the park. I believe its on Katella. My friend and I stayed there last year and it was a 10-15 minute walk and not bad at all.

This year we will be staying at the newly rennovated Motel 6 on Disney Way. Its about the same distance from the park as Alpine. Being as we're hardly ever at the hotel as long as its clean and the bed is mostly comfy its a good fit. Alpine was $75/night last summer. This summer, $55/night at Motel 6

good luck! :-)

• Shifting cargo

I know that I'm staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites. It's a 5-7 minute walk from the hotel to the front gates. The map that Pengy posted is the map that I referred to when making my hotel selection; that and the online rates.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Minion

There is a Holiday Inn that is right next to the mickey and friends parking structure it is only about a 5 minute walk to the disneyland hotel end of DTD you can also walk into the parking area and catch the tram to the front gate area. Very nice hotel too as was just renovated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast