Thread: Peacock Suites

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

Peacock Suites

According to the Shell Vacations blog, rooms can be had this weekend and into Feb. at $49 a night.

Has anyone stayed there?

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Re: Peacock Suites

It has been a long time maybe 3-4 years ago. This was before they remodeled their rooms. Only thing I didn't like about the room is that upon entering the room, you walk into the bathroom area. Beds were okay. Noise is not really a problem since the hotel room entrance doors are not outside like other budget hotels. When I went, hotel room rates were $114 for two queen size beds with a separate room with a sleeper sofa. Only other gripe I had was the parking situation. 1st car can park in the hotel parking lot (Tiny parking spaces if your car is bigger than a compact sedan), and then they made you park any extra cars where the Motel 6 is (Then Red Roof Inn). Overall good value (back then) for what I paid for.

Can't tell you how much they might have improved. But from other ratings from other websites, the hotel rooms are decent after the remodel. Only complaints I have heard is that self-parking at the hotel is no longer available. You must pay valet parking fees ($8)there, for each day you are parked there. Additionally, the pipes are noisy. The hotel itself is near the 5 freeway and roughly 4-5 city blocks walking distance from disneyland (5-10min walk). But other than that, Not a bad price for a hotel room in the Disneyland resort area, even if you have to pay the additional valet parking fee each day.
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Disneymom

We have stayed there twice. Both on a time share. We loved it. The only thing I gotta say is to get a room on the front side. Behind the hotel is a laundry facility and they run their machines all night long. Very noisy if you are near them. We loved the room they put us in. They brought robes up and a basket of bottled water and cookies. I don't know if that was because it was on a time share or not. THe kids loved it. The first time we stayed we walked to DLR every day but the second time we drove and parked. I'd stay there again. To bad we can't go in Feb.

Can anyone tell me if these are the suites that were formally called The Crystal Suites because my family and I stayed there in 1996 and we loved it?

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I stayed at Peacock for 2 weeks in September 2009. I was quietly impressed. Not all the rooms have the same layout, CaraGoCeltica's room had a handbasin in the front while mine entered into the lounge room, then there was a door that connected to the vanity room/short corridor and from that there was a door to the bathroom and at the end of the corridor was the bedroom.

Everything was clean and functional. The housekeeping service is daily and they do a very good job restocking towels and etc. There's 2 TVs - both with dvd players, a microwave, fridge, coffee maker plates, bowls, cutlery, elec can opener, iron and ironing board, goodsized safe, 3 seater lounge, table with two chairs, the only thing they didn't have was a lot of hangers in the large wardrobe.

There's also a coin guest laundry, pool, and a continental breakfast can be had in their breakfast room included in the cost (cereal, toast, butter, jams/jellies, donuts, fruit, juices, coffee - some people complain but they must be the types who eat a steak for breakfast )

The staff were fantastic. But the only thing that seems to bother some is the industrial laundry next door, their driers start to spin at about 3-6am which can wake some people up. I think this is the only thing that keeps their room rate so low. Since the laundry didn't bother me I'll definitely be going back. Hopefully in May.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    Can anyone tell me if these are the suites that were formally called The Crystal Suites because my family and I stayed there in 1996 and we loved it?
    The Crystal Suites are (were) actually loacted on the back side of the Peacock Suites across the street from GardenWalk, and the room types are very similar (two beds and a seperate living area with pullout couch; However they are two and three room suites available). Plus the rooms are located inside the hotel, not breezeways as indicated earlier in the Peacock.
    The name has changed from Crystal to Hawthorne Suites and now is the La Quinta.

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone!