Howard Johnson question

Since many of you have stayed at the Howard Johnson before I have a question about room occupancy. The kids suite is not available and am trying to figure out if this room would be big enough for my family.

Do you think that my husband and I and our 4 children ages 9,6 and twin 2 year olds would fit in a standard room with 2 queen beds?

If not do you have any suggestions for walking distance hotels?? With little ones, i would like to stay close to the parks.

• Disneymom

Re: Howard Johnson question

I haven't stayed there but we have stayed at other hotels with the same set up. It depends on how the kids are about sharing a bed and if you also share a bed with hubby and one or two kids, like the twins. Last time we went we atayed at the EDEN ROC on the corner of Disneyland drive and Katella. It was a short walk and they had one room with a king bed and one room with two queen beds, plus a kitchen area with cupboards. We liked it and there was more than enough room. THe price was great too. I do like the idea of the HJ cause they have a real cool pool area.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Circle of Ancients

I would say no. You could get a roll-away bed that could sleep 1 to 2 depending on age however.

• Pilot EdForceOne

note also there are rules about how many people are allowed to stay in a room.. be careful..
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Wink Re: Howard Johnson question

Quote Originally Posted by jenvaz View Post
    Since many of you have stayed at the Howard Johnson before I have a question about room occupancy. The kids suite is not available and am trying to figure out if this room would be big enough for my family.

Do you think that my husband and I and our 4 children ages 9,6 and twin 2 year olds would fit in a standard room with 2 queen beds?

If not do you have any suggestions for walking distance hotels?? With little ones, i would like to stay close to the parks.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    YES!! i had the standard room w/two queen beds, and in the closet they had a roll away fold out bed also!! so that was cool. i loved my room! i loved that i was 8 min from DL, and i could hear the train and the monorail and it was awesome! i give the hojo, like two thumbs up!! the best hotel experience i EVER had.

Thank you so much to everyone who has responded!! I have another question. The Hojo says that they are an 8 min walk to Disneyland, for those who have stayed there before is this true? I am a little worried about the walk back at the end of the night with little ones.
    Also, I booked a premium room with Disney view. If anyone has stayed in this type of room, were the views really good???

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

It is true.. they are very close!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

In December we were several floors up in a Disney view room.... through several huge trees. We could see some of the fireworks, but IMHO it was not worth it. I think the people at the kids pool could see the fireworks better than we could!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CareBear2002 View Post
    In December we were several floors up in a Disney view room.... through several huge trees. We could see some of the fireworks, but IMHO it was not worth it. I think the people at the kids pool could see the fireworks better than we could!
    The past few weeks they have been trimming the trees in front of the building to fix that issue, FYI
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

We always stay there and have been going with the kids since the big one was 3 and the little one was 6 mo. It is a very do - able (?) walk. Of course going to the parks is always way easier than walking back at night. That being said, we always make it back, the little one usually in the stroller, but my 7 yr old handles the walk no problem, ok, with only a little complaining. We do love HoJo though for another reason, the grounds are really beautiful and the kids can run some of their energy out safely around the coutyard area as opposed to a hotel with a just parking lot. I do believe that there might be a limit to the amount of guests in one room, we stay 5 people in a two double room with the rollaway.
    Hope that helps!

• Cleared for the option

I'll have a 3 and half year old and a 7 year old on our trip so this is good news. I can't wait! The kids still don't know they are going to Disneyland this summer. They keep asking when we will go. I keep telling them we need to save a lot of money for a trip like that.